+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Application and OWP and other questions

YadiraS

Jan 7, 2015
Hello,

I am currently working on my Inland Application. My husband is sponsoring me, I am in Canada since October as a visitor. I live with my husband. We got married in June.

Since I read about the changes, I am trying to figure out which forms I have to fill out for getting a work permit. I do not have one right now, so I think the form imm5710E is not the right one???

Another issue, I do have a translated copy of my criminal record. But it is from last August. I will send a new request today, but it will take at least 6 week to get it with the translation. Can I send the outdated version in, explaining, that I will send the newer one later???

Also, do I have to extend my stay as a visitor or will I have implied status once I send the application in? I do have 3 month left as a visitor.

Thanks for the help!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are you aware that although you are in Canada as a visitor, you can submit an Outland application while you are here?

If the processing time is faster for your visa office and you can extend your visitor status, you should consider applying Outland.

If you do apply Inland, you can include an OWP (which is form IMM5710) and that will give you implied status, provided that your application is received by CIC before your status expires. Submitting an Inland application alone does NOT give the applicant implied status.

You can certainly send the expired PCC, but including a note explaining that a new one has been ordered and that you will forward it to CIC upon receipt, would be just as good.

Good luck!

YadiraS

Jan 7, 2015
Thank you Ponga.

Well, an Outland Application will take 17 Month + 81 days. So I think, I am better off with the Inland Application. It gets me to work sooner.

Right now, I am working on that Form 5710E, they are asking about my work offer and employer. Since I do not have one yet, do I leave that just blank, or shall I explain, that I will start looking for a job, once I got the permit?

Do I get any proof that I am on implied status?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
May I ask what country your husband is coming from? Just curious as to what country VO says 17 months.

Screech339

YadiraS

Jan 7, 2015
My husband is Canadian. I would have to send my application to Vienna, and I checked today, it says 17 month.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
YadiraS said:
My husband is Canadian. I would have to send my application to Vienna, and I checked today, it says 17 month.
if you checked on the CIC website, the times listed online are very misleading. i would recommend finding the thread specific to vienna on this forum. i believe the thread tracks the progess of applications, and i *think* the wait is closer to 10 months, if not sooner. *most* visa offices have a real time average of 8-10 months, some lower. the only consistant thing about CIC is the fact the times posted online do not reflect the real experiences of current applicants. the times posted online are not true averages, and represent "worst case" scenarios.

viva99

Star Member
Nov 5, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
-
Hey!

I have a question.
I applied for a visitor's visa the day my PGWP expired. Then after a few months I submitted my Inland Application along with a OWP application.
My visitor's visa expires on the 24th of this month. Do i have to extend it?
I don't want to be Out of Status because I want to be considered for the Pilot Project.

Thanks!

YadiraS

Jan 7, 2015
So, I talked to my husband, and we want to stay with the Inland Application. We got it almorst finished, I am just working on that Work Permit.

YadiraS said:
Right now, I am working on that Form 5710E, they are asking about my work offer and employer. Since I do not have one yet, do I leave that just blank, or shall I explain, that I will start looking for a job, once I got the permit?

Do I get any proof that I am on implied status?