+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Application 2011

avigtr

Jan 11, 2012
Hi Guys,

Finally after almost two and a half years I landed today in the Vancouver office(Super nice staff and officers).
To all of you there that are still waiting from 2011 hang on as I know its hard and frustrating beyond belief.
My super long process was due to an error on the Vegreville side that caused a delay after delay.

I hope that the description of my timeline will help anyone with his process and I will give one important advice that I learned as very helpful.
Here it goes:
Applied on August 2011 under the family class/sponsorship application.
AIP and OWP was received on time(June 2012).
Second stage took 7 months which is long but legit as the max limit is 8 months.
I was approved finally on January 2013 and was told that the Vancouver office will contact me.
And here it all started...
At that time ,the time frame the office had to contact you was 3 months(then changed to six),so I waited when 3 months passed by I called the call center which basically did nothing for the first few calls.
Eventually I reached a great lady over the call center that put me on hold for 30 minutes(!!) and found out that my file wasn't sent to the Vancouver office...
She immediately fixed it and promised me I will be contacted soon.
A month later I got a call from the Vancouver office telling me that my meds are expired but because I didn't leave Canada since I started the process he will try to automatically renew it for my.Which he did.But....
The timeline started again and the next time they contacted me was 6 months later and guess what...I was told that my meds were expired again...
So I redid them and waited for a month and when the time came and I didn't get any call from the office I sent and faxed them my IME number so they can look up for me and eventually it happened.
I got a call last week to come over and land today.
Landing was great,the staff was funny and very nice and my case officer called me before all the other 50 people that was there and told me he wanted to personally make sure that everything goes well with me and was very nice..shook my hand and welcomed me to Canada...great guy.

As for the advice,
If you feel that something is wrong(and not out of impatience)and the timeline is wrong DO NOT LET GO.
I found out that there are some very good agents working for the call center and you just need to find them.
If someone just gives you an answer from his booklet and tells you to call on another time say thank you,hang up,and call again until someone puts you on hold.
I had few other instances that I got the right agent after not getting answers from other agents.
Without me nagging and calling again and again until I got the right agent that really cared I would have never landed today.

Hope I helped...feel free to ask me any question.

Good luck

rifat

Oct 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2012
AOR Received.
06-18-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Interview........
10-21-2013
LANDED..........
July 23rd 2014 :)
avigtr said:
Hi Guys,

Finally after almost two and a half years I landed today in the Vancouver office(Super nice staff and officers).
To all of you there that are still waiting from 2011 hang on as I know its hard and frustrating beyond belief.
My super long process was due to an error on the Vegreville side that caused a delay after delay.

I hope that the description of my timeline will help anyone with his process and I will give one important advice that I learned as very helpful.
Here it goes:
Applied on August 2011 under the family class/sponsorship application.
AIP and OWP was received on time(June 2012).
Second stage took 7 months which is long but legit as the max limit is 8 months.
I was approved finally on January 2013 and was told that the Vancouver office will contact me.
And here it all started...
At that time ,the time frame the office had to contact you was 3 months(then changed to six),so I waited when 3 months passed by I called the call center which basically did nothing for the first few calls.
Eventually I reached a great lady over the call center that put me on hold for 30 minutes(!!) and found out that my file wasn't sent to the Vancouver office...
She immediately fixed it and promised me I will be contacted soon.
A month later I got a call from the Vancouver office telling me that my meds are expired but because I didn't leave Canada since I started the process he will try to automatically renew it for my.Which he did.But....
The timeline started again and the next time they contacted me was 6 months later and guess what...I was told that my meds were expired again...
So I redid them and waited for a month and when the time came and I didn't get any call from the office I sent and faxed them my IME number so they can look up for me and eventually it happened.
I got a call last week to come over and land today.
Landing was great,the staff was funny and very nice and my case officer called me before all the other 50 people that was there and told me he wanted to personally make sure that everything goes well with me and was very nice..shook my hand and welcomed me to Canada...great guy.

As for the advice,
If you feel that something is wrong(and not out of impatience)and the timeline is wrong DO NOT LET GO.
I found out that there are some very good agents working for the call center and you just need to find them.
If someone just gives you an answer from his booklet and tells you to call on another time say thank you,hang up,and call again until someone puts you on hold.
I had few other instances that I got the right agent after not getting answers from other agents.
Without me nagging and calling again and again until I got the right agent that really cared I would have never landed today.

Hope I helped...feel free to ask me any question.

Good luck
avigtr:

A very congratulations to you :) I'm glad you passed the long processing times and finally landed Happy for you.

My husband and I have been waiting for 2 years starting this Feb. we have received DM and AIP and OWP... but now we're in the waiting period of his PR... it has already been 3 months and we haven't even heard from CIC if they've received my hubbys FBI Cert...

Thank you for the advise I will make sure to follow it and get the right agent on the line so he/she can tell me if they've received his FBI Cert or not and how long more it'll take before we get his landing date... we've been waiting... even though its his PR both our lives have stopped we have nothing in our hands we have to start from scratch.... we just had our 2nd baby 2 weeks ago... I hope we get some good news from CIC soon... wish us luck and again congrats and thanks for the advise :)

avigtr

Jan 11, 2012
Thank you Rifat.

Its is a very good idea to keep calling until the right agent will answer.
If it is sent to a local office than try to get their fax number from CIC and fax them or send them a registered mail.
Hope you will hear from them soon.

jadarius

Mar 10, 2011
Hey Guys it's been awhile. So I guess I have to join the outland application thread now, as we did get married in March before he left and I just submitted the application for spousal sponsorship in January. After you've been down this road once and realize how divesting it can be, it make you really really scared to try again. But try again and again again is what I will do until my husband and I are reunited.

Zion786

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
More than 18 months into stAGe 2, Inland application.....no word yet.....keep going CIC keep going, so what if someone's life is on hold, its all good....how to these people sleep at night...ahhhhhH!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......

rifat

Oct 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2012
AOR Received.
06-18-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Interview........
10-21-2013
LANDED..........
July 23rd 2014 :)
Zion786 said:
More than 18 months into stAGe 2, Inland application.....no word yet.....keep going CIC keep going, so what if someone's life is on hold, its all good....how to these people sleep at night...ahhhhhH!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......
When did you apply and where is your local office? I would call n FAX letters to CIC over n over n over again..

koala18

Star Member
Jan 16, 2012
i have a question, my friend is applying for inland spousal sponsorship to canada. she is mexican married to a canadian. if i understand correctly, based on the cic website, the police certificate is not required when submitting the application even though it is in the checklist. here are my questions then:
1. Do we just cross out the police certificate then and put a note saying that it is not required yet because she is from mexico? If we do this, we are worried that the application might be treated as incomplete and returned.
2. Can we just submit a state police certificate from Mexico for now just so she is not incomplete and wait for the request from CIC? Is it easy to get a state police certificate while in Canada?

Venitile

Mar 19, 2014
We sent our application in the summer of 2011 and are still waiting for the PR.
At this point we are told to redo our medicals and pay the fee again. Unfortunately I can not do the medicals at this point because I am pregnant. Which adds another 7 months plus additional processing time to the three years we have already been waiting. I don't agree with the fact that we are suppose to pay the medical fee
as the delayed process was the fault of the CIC. Also it seems ludicrous to make us go through this procedure again when we have not left Canada since our first medical. Plus in the Family Sponsorship category, the "excessive demand on health or social services in Canada" factor is waived for:
Spouses, common-law partners or conjugal partners and dependent children. What would be the best way to go about detesting their request in your opinion?

micanada

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
nov 21 2011
Doc's Request.
feb 2012
AOR Received.
feb 7 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9 2015
Med's Request
Feb 2015(dependant)
Med's Done....
nov 2011/ march 2014
Interview........
Oct 21 2015
Passport Req..
July 22 2014(dependant)
VISA ISSUED...
Dependant??
LANDED..........
oct 21 2015
Im still here !! :-X

Sent my application nov 2011, oct 2013 my dependant from back home was asked to submit some forms and did her medical aswell, last week I was asked to redo my medical exam cause it was expired, I dunno when they're gonna contact me again after my medical exam, glad my work keeps me busy LOL

Venitile

Mar 19, 2014
We just spoke to our MP. Who told us he will send an inquiry to the CIC regarding our case. I won't hold my breath as I doubt we will get around redoing our medicals but I suggest for any of you out there who are still waiting it might push things forward.

debbie690

Jan 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep-2011
I got DM letter 30-10-2013 till now ........till no one contact me for landing interview :-[

Don't know what can I do ........

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
debbie690 said:
I got DM letter 30-10-2013 till now ........till no one contact me for landing interview :-[
Contact the CIC office that is supposed to be handling your landing. Their address will be on the CIC website. Send them a letter (there's no telephone contact information) and ask them.

Call the Call Centre.

Ask the MP for your riding to contact CIC on your behalf.

debbie690

Jan 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep-2011
computergeek said:
Contact the CIC office that is supposed to be handling your landing. Their address will be on the CIC website. Send them a letter (there's no telephone contact information) and ask them.

Call the Call Centre.

Ask the MP for your riding to contact CIC on your behalf.

Will try to call centre tmr ,let c what they say ......... :-\

Thx computergeek

avigtr

Jan 11, 2012
debbie690 said:

Don't know what can I do ........
Hi,
sorry to hear that.
I had the same issue when I got DM on Jan 2013 and guess when I eventually landed? exactly a year later.
It was all because of the main office mistakes where they sent the papers to the wrong office and then the meds were expired etc...
my advice?call CIC 10 times a day everyday until you will get the right agent that will be able/capable of helping you.
This is the only way it helped me.

Cheers

debbie690

Jan 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep-2011
avigtr said:
Hi,
sorry to hear that.
I had the same issue when I got DM on Jan 2013 and guess when I eventually landed? exactly a year later.
It was all because of the main office mistakes where they sent the papers to the wrong office and then the meds were expired etc...
my advice?call CIC 10 times a day everyday until you will get the right agent that will be able/capable of helping you.
This is the only way it helped me.

Cheers

They said will send me letter ,if still got nothing in three weeks ,call them again !

I hope they really do something ,not just saying ???

But in that moment ,do u need to redo yr medication ?