Jan 16th 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 24th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 18th 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 21st 2012 rec'd on Ecas Nov 11th 2012
lyn28 said:
i called call center today and here's the bad news, I received an email of my stage 2 approval on oct 12 and waiting for a letter from montreal but the agent told me that there was nothing showing about DM2 approval on my file. She told me that there was no approval yet and they are about to reach a decision. I told her that I got an email already and she said that She don't see any letter of the DM2 and told me to disregard it. She also told me that there was something being deleted on my file and maybe that's the decison. I told her about my ecas too that the decision has been made and she is insisting that there was no decision yet... :-( Frustrated again, I thought I am almost there :-( I have been checking my mailbox every single day. Depression is setting in :-(

by the way, i just checked my ECAS and, remember last month when "decision made" suddenly changed into "in process" issue, now my ECAS changed into decision made. I checked my husband's and both are decision made now. CIC is not consistent, this is crazy!

Why would they update my ecas into decision made if my file in their office hasn't reached decision yet? I am just hoping that the agent i spoke with is new and also confused just like me.
Just read this after posting on the 2012 forum! sorry to hear this Lyn28. Keep your spirits up and you will not feel until you are past this whole process.

DecisionMade

Sep 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lyn28 said:
i called call center today and here's the bad news, I received an email of my stage 2 approval on oct 12 and waiting for a letter from montreal but the agent told me that there was nothing showing about DM2 approval on my file. She told me that there was no approval yet and they are about to reach a decision. I told her that I got an email already and she said that She don't see any letter of the DM2 and told me to disregard it. She also told me that there was something being deleted on my file and maybe that's the decison. I told her about my ecas too that the decision has been made and she is insisting that there was no decision yet... :-( Frustrated again, I thought I am almost there :-( I have been checking my mailbox every single day. Depression is setting in :-(

by the way, i just checked my ECAS and, remember last month when "decision made" suddenly changed into "in process" issue, now my ECAS changed into decision made. I checked my husband's and both are decision made now. CIC is not consistent, this is crazy!

Why would they update my ecas into decision made if my file in their office hasn't reached decision yet? I am just hoping that the agent i spoke with is new and also confused just like me.

DO NOT BELIEVE HER !!!!

hey, i got DM on 15th Aug. and Finally interview in mtl on 26th Nov.
when i was waiting, i call them every week at the beginning. each call center agent gave me a different story. most of them were like.. you just have to wait more, mtl will contact you when they are ready. some of them would dig dipper and say, ok, im gonna send a msg to mtl/vgv for you.. and then, there were the ones that were like.. maybe they just made a mistake on your 2nd Stage DM, disregard it.

just don't believe her..

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
lyn28 said:

E-cas is worse than useless. I'm "in process" now online even though I landed over a month ago (seriously: I went from DM to in process after landing.)

If you received an e-mail, I'd go by that. Call Centre agents don't have a terribly good track record according to this forum. But I seem to recall Montreal is also slow to follow-up (e.g., 6-8 weeks).

lyn28

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2011
AOR Received.
04-02-2012
Med's Request
31-08-2012
Med's Done....
31-08-2012/Oct 13, 2012 on ecas
Interview........
06-12-2012
LANDED..........
06-12-2012
thank you Caned, DecisionMade and Computergeek! I am very much frustrated but reading all you messages, together with Chickadee and Vinlander, YOU all lift my spirit up! Happy friday and have a blessed weekend!

DecisionMade Goodluck with you landing on monday! :D

hamedsilent

Star Member
Oct 21, 2010
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lyn28 said:
thank you Caned, DecisionMade and Computergeek! I am very much frustrated but reading all you messages, together with Chickadee and Vinlander, YOU all lift my spirit up! Happy friday and have a blessed weekend!

DecisionMade Goodluck with you landing on monday! :D
Hi Lyn

What I suggest you is to call again tomorrow and ask few more agents. In my partner's medical case happened the same. First agent told her they have it and when She called again the other one told her there is nothing about her medical in the system and she insisted, she could see something but not the medical,, Though, after few more attempts they all acknowledged, they have the medicals. Another interesting story is my friend whom got phone call for his landing from his local office in toronto without even receiving the DM letter. So when he received the call, he decided to call the call center and inquire about his DM letter and agent told him that he can't see any DM so he explained that he got a phone call from his local office, but the agent insisted that there is no record of DM or landing date.. Finally, after another attempt another agent told him that his decision has been made and DM letter sent and his landing date is already set.

lyn28

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2011
AOR Received.
04-02-2012
Med's Request
31-08-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
06-12-2012
LANDED..........
06-12-2012
thank you very much hamedsilent, i will really call today ang hoping for a better result :)

labhouise

Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 07 2011
Doc's Request.
24 04 2012
Passport Req..
AIP & OWP Oct 1 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan. 29th 2013
LANDED..........
Feb 14th 2013
For anybody else out there who were requested by CIC to submit INK fingerprints, be prepaired for a long wait if you DON'T have a criminal record.

I just spoke with the RCMP.
My prints were sent to CIC in early May as requested but they didn't send them to RCMP until Sept 19th.

After speaking with the RCMP officer, he told me if my prints aren't already in the system, mine are not, it will take 18 weeks +
I also checked their website and it confirms this.

So at least now I can forget about CIC and DM till Jan/Feb next year !!

Lab

lyn28

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2011
AOR Received.
04-02-2012
Med's Request
31-08-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
06-12-2012
LANDED..........
06-12-2012
hi everyone, yesterday I had a bad news, but today, it's all good news and it seemed that my prayer has been answered overnight. I just received my landing interview!!! The letter was dated Nov 22, so maybe the phone call I did yesterday morning made CIC to correct whatever mistakes they did into my file! I was so relieved and I cried.

I will have the interview at 1010 Saint-Antoine, December 6.

Thank you very much Co-inlanders :) All your advices are very helpful! Continue giving hope to all the future applicants.

nonoo

Jan 23, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06th Dec 2011
AOR Received.
28th Feb 2012
Med's Request
18th Sept 2012
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2012 Displayed on Ecas 17th Nov 2012
Interview........
DM 18th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
15th March 2013
lyn28 said:
hi everyone, yesterday I had a bad news, but today, it's all good news and it seemed that my prayer has been answered overnight. I just received my landing interview!!! The letter was dated Nov 22, so maybe the phone call I did yesterday morning made CIC to correct whatever mistakes they did into my file! I was so relieved and I cried.

Thank you very much Co-inlanders :) All your advices are very helpful! Continue giving hope to all the future applicants.
Congrats lyn28 :D

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011: application received
Doc's Request.
07-21-2011: received AIP & PPR request
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
frenchie57 said:
I was told by Service Canada that the only way to get the SIN straight after the landing interview is if you are from a visa exempt country. If you aren't, you need to wait for your PR card.

However, you're saying you would have to go to the US, therefore the SIN is not the only thing you need. Given that you are not from a visa exempt country you can't travel without your PR card. You can ask for an authorization to travel before you get it, but it is a single entry to Canada visa.

in ontario they give you the sin # the same day right after you are done your landing interview. i'm not sure about i'm not sure about other provinces but apparently in other provinces you have to wait until you get your PR card.

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011: application received
Doc's Request.
07-21-2011: received AIP & PPR request
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
lyn28 said:

like everyone said don't worry about it. I was DM I called to verify, and guess what? according to call center I would have to wait at least few more months!! But I got the letter for my DM 2 days later LOL!! so i wouldn't worry about it. I'm not sure if the people in call center have no clue/updated late or they just withheld the info.

good luck!

EDIT:----->> OOPS SORRY DON'T WORRY ABOUT ABOVE COMMENT!! :D i didn't see your next day comment, thats great news, Congratulations! :)
that's another reference for people to know that what they hear from call center regarding their file (timing wise at least) is not always correct.

labhouise

Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 07 2011
Doc's Request.
24 04 2012
Passport Req..
AIP & OWP Oct 1 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan. 29th 2013
LANDED..........
Feb 14th 2013
lyn28 said:

Thats great Lyn. Congrats :) :)

CanED

Star Member
Apr 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 16th 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 24th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 18th 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 21st 2012 rec'd on Ecas Nov 11th 2012
lyn28 said:

Congrats Lyn28! cheesy, but staying positive does work! haha ;D ;D ;D

frenchie57

Star Member
May 7, 2012
Calgary
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2011
Med's Done....
10-11-2011
LANDED..........
22-11-2012
Hi there !

First comment as a Permanent Resident of Canada =) =) I'm so happy now !

Here's how it went:
my appointment was at 2pm. I got there at 1.15 (yes I know, it's very early, I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't be late =))
When I arrived, there was a huge line up (probably 50 people), but it turned out that these people were there for the citizenship ceremony. The agent took my letter and told me "you're too early, please comme back at 1.45".
I came back at 1.45 and she opened the doors for me. There were only 2 other couples and one lady on her own.
I was asked to go to the counter to pay. I had already paid 2.5 months ago but somehow it wasn't in their system. So I decided to pay again and I will claim my money back. I'd rather wait for money than for my PR =)
I then had to sit for a little bit and they started calling people. I was asked to go to a counter where a lady asked me to give her my passport and my husband's ID. We gave both our passport's and she realized that I was French and my husband was born in Romania. She was originally from Romania and spoke both French and Romanian, so we actually didn't even have the landing interview in English. She asked me questions in French and she asked my husband questions in Romanian. We both speak English but it was lovely =) =) She asked us both if we have committed any crime, been deported and if we have children outside Canada. We answered "no" to everything. We then had to sit and wait for a little bit again (probably 5 min). We were then called again. The woman asked me to give my picture. She took only one, she said she doesn't need 2 (not sure why they ask for 2 then). She then asked me to confirm the information that is on the COPR. She said that all that matters is that my names, date of birth and address are right. My husband's address (sponsor's address) was wrong. We had updated it online but they didn't change it. She said that it doesn't matter, all that matters is my address.
She made me sign the document (my copy + her document), she stamped my passport and the COPR and signed them and then congratulated me on becoming a permanent resident. She then explained my obligations as a PR and explained what I have to do to apply for citizenship.
It took 25 min in total and it was great =)

After that, I went to Service Canada, where I was able to get my permanent SIN.
If you are from a visa exempt country, you *CAN* get your permanent SIN the same day. The people at CIC do not always know this.

SO now I am a permanent resident and my SIN starts with a 6 =) =)
I'm super happy !!!

frenchie57

Star Member
May 7, 2012
Calgary
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2011
Med's Done....
10-11-2011
LANDED..........
22-11-2012
kitchener_inland said:
in ontario they give you the sin # the same day right after you are done your landing interview. i'm not sure about i'm not sure about other provinces but apparently in other provinces you have to wait until you get your PR card.
Do they give it no matter what ? even if you're not from a visa exempt country ?
that's nice =) =)
it would make sense. it should be the same in all provinces