App. Filed.......
29-08-2011: application received
Doc's Request.
07-21-2011: received AIP & PPR request
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
frenchie57 said:
Hi all,

I had applied in November 2011 and my landing interview will be in 3 days !
I am super excited =) =)

Congrats!! :)

Tuesdayc

Star Member
Nov 1, 2012
Re: Inland Application 2011 - immigration office requested

Hi all,

I am in the midst of filling out the IMM0008 form and under application details number 4, they ask for the immigration office requested for processing this application. As we are doing an inland application, what should be the office stated here?

The application time for the office in my home country (Singapore) takes more than 2 years, hence we want to apply from within Canada. Problem is, I have only been here for 2 months this year. What should i fill it in as?

Thanks a lot.:)

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
Re: Inland Application 2011 - immigration office requested

Tuesdayc said:
Hi all,

I am in the midst of filling out the IMM0008 form and under application details number 4, they ask for the immigration office requested for processing this application. As we are doing an inland application, what should be the office stated here?

The application time for the office in my home country (Singapore) takes more than 2 years, hence we want to apply from within Canada. Problem is, I have only been here for 2 months this year. What should i fill it in as?

Thanks a lot.:)
It is not really a choice per see but should reflect reality.
Inland applications are processed by Vegreville AB office, and on paper means you are now residing with your partner (sponsor) IN CANADA. If you plan to go back during the process you could get deny entry back.
If you plan to apply outland you will need to proove you still reside in your country...
I thought outland applications were generally processed faster than inland, but that may have changed.

micanada

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
nov 21 2011
Doc's Request.
feb 2012
AOR Received.
feb 7 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9 2015
Med's Request
Feb 2015(dependant)
Med's Done....
nov 2011/ march 2014
Interview........
Oct 21 2015
Passport Req..
July 22 2014(dependant)
VISA ISSUED...
Dependant??
LANDED..........
oct 21 2015
hatrang said:
Thanks micanada, I hope your date is just around the corner. Mine is next Monday. I've been working full time for 1 month, time really flies. We all will be good ;)
thanks again!! finally i got a hold on cic today on the pone, i called them at 7:30am today ! he said my file is still in vegreville and everything is fine and all i have to do is wait 8 mos after i received my aip! well i guess its not my time yet and all i have to do is wait lol let us keep posted here about the interview and goodluck hatrang!!!

DecisionMade

Sep 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
:) Hey guys,

I got a question for you.. do we always get SIN right at the interview in Montreal?

Coz I just got a job offer and I need to have SIN right away to get everything done.. I have hhhhhhmy interview next monday 26th. but I will have to go to U.S. for job training. (im chinese, not visa exempted.. so, I will have to get a U.S. B1/2 visa really fast.... ) anyone knows if it is even possible? I need to be in the states on 3rd Dec.

frenchie57

Star Member
May 7, 2012
Calgary
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2011
Med's Done....
10-11-2011
LANDED..........
22-11-2012
DecisionMade said:
:) Hey guys,

I got a question for you.. do we always get SIN right at the interview in Montreal?

Coz I just got a job offer and I need to have SIN right away to get everything done.. I have hhhhhhmy interview next monday 26th. but I will have to go to U.S. for job training. (im chinese, not visa exempted.. so, I will have to get a U.S. B1/2 visa really fast.... ) anyone knows if it is even possible? I need to be in the states on 3rd Dec.
I was told by Service Canada that the only way to get the SIN straight after the landing interview is if you are from a visa exempt country. If you aren't, you need to wait for your PR card.

However, you're saying you would have to go to the US, therefore the SIN is not the only thing you need. Given that you are not from a visa exempt country you can't travel without your PR card. You can ask for an authorization to travel before you get it, but it is a single entry to Canada visa.

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
frenchie57 said:
I was told by Service Canada that the only way to get the SIN straight after the landing interview is if you are from a visa exempt country. If you aren't, you need to wait for your PR card.

However, you're saying you would have to go to the US, therefore the SIN is not the only thing you need. Given that you are not from a visa exempt country you can't travel without your PR card. You can ask for an authorization to travel before you get it, but it is a single entry to Canada visa.
I wonder if it depends also at which office you land in Montreal...1010 St-Antoine or 200 René Levesque ?

blue7120

Jul 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
VEG
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec.2011
AOR Received.
March.2012 -- AIP ON SEPTEMBER 2012
Med's Request
September.2012
Med's Done....
Octobre.2012
hi guys

I got AIP on September,2012, request the medical and birth certificate for baby

we did medical on Oct 2012 and send out certificate, and CIC received it last week.

can someone have same experiences like me?
and how long gonna take for the second stage approval?

thanks for this post...

CanED

Star Member
Apr 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 16th 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 24th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 18th 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 21st 2012 rec'd on Ecas Nov 11th 2012
blue7120 said:
hi guys

I got AIP on September,2012, request the medical and birth certificate for baby

we did medical on Oct 2012 and send out certificate, and CIC received it last week.

can someone have same experiences like me?
and how long gonna take for the second stage approval?

thanks for this post...
Hi Blue7120,

I am in a similar situation to you - We weren't asked for a birth cert. for our baby though! I did the medicals in Sept and they only showed up on Ecas on Nov 8th. I have yet to receive second stage approval. I tihnk it really is a case by case scenario. I know that response doesn't really help.

Keep the spirits up though - you are almost there!

CanED

blue7120

Jul 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
VEG
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec.2011
AOR Received.
March.2012 -- AIP ON SEPTEMBER 2012
Med's Request
September.2012
Med's Done....
Octobre.2012
CanED said:
Hi Blue7120,

I am in a similar situation to you - We weren't asked for a birth cert. for our baby though! I did the medicals in Sept and they only showed up on Ecas on Nov 8th. I have yet to receive second stage approval. I tihnk it really is a case by case scenario. I know that response doesn't really help.

Keep the spirits up though - you are almost there!

CanED
Thank you... Wish everyone happy thanksgiving....

DecisionMade

Sep 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vinlander said:
I wonder if it depends also at which office you land in Montreal...1010 St-Antoine or 200 René Levesque ?
mine will be at 1010 St-Antoine

so, which one gives out SIN right away? lol

DecisionMade

Sep 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
frenchie57 said:

Hey Thanks for the reply. And I just notice that you gonna have you landing tomorrow... CONGRATS AND GOOD LUCK

so, before i get the PR card, it's 100% that I will not get a SIN? :eek: then what people do if they got a job? wait 3 months more to work?
or.. my question is... are you entitled to work when you are approved as a PR but not yet have a SIN and/or PR card?

and before i get the PR card, I would have to get a travel doc? and could that be done at the interview?

;D i know, that's a lot of questions. takers?

frenchie57

Star Member
May 7, 2012
Calgary
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2011
Med's Done....
10-11-2011
LANDED..........
22-11-2012
DecisionMade said:
Hey Thanks for the reply. And I just notice that you gonna have you landing tomorrow... CONGRATS AND GOOD LUCK

so, before i get the PR card, it's 100% that I will not get a SIN? :eek: then what people do if they got a job? wait 3 months more to work?
or.. my question is... are you entitled to work when you are approved as a PR but not yet have a SIN and/or PR card?

and before i get the PR card, I would have to get a travel doc? and could that be done at the interview?

;D i know, that's a lot of questions. takers?
Thank you =)
My landing will indeed be tomorrow.

If I were you I would go to your local Service Canada office and ask. This is the best way to know. When I asked them if I could get my SIN on the same day as the landing interview they said "No, unless you are from a visa exempt country. If you are not, you have to wait for the PR card". However, keep in mind that the different Service Canada offices seem to do different things. I have heard of people not getting their SIN eventhough they were from visa exempt countries.
Here's what the Service Canada website says:

Permanent residents

You must submit one of the following primary documents:

Permanent Resident Card issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada. This is the only acceptable document if your claim was processed in Canada.

However, as I said, I was told that this is not the case if you are from a visa exempt country.

Concerning the travel document, here you go:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/travel.asp

You would have to apply for it, this can't be done at the landing interview

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
DecisionMade said:
mine will be at 1010 St-Antoine

so, which one gives out SIN right away? lol
Good question, we also are gonna land at St-Antoine and my wife is from Visa exempt country...
The ones I heard that got their SIN immediately were landing at René Levesque but I don't know if they were from visa exempt country.
We will see if we can manage to get it immediately next week...

lyn28

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2011
AOR Received.
04-02-2012
Med's Request
31-08-2012
Med's Done....
31-08-2012/Oct 13, 2012 on ecas
Interview........
06-12-2012
LANDED..........
06-12-2012
i called call center today and here's the bad news, I received an email of my stage 2 approval on oct 12 and waiting for a letter from montreal but the agent told me that there was nothing showing about DM2 approval on my file. She told me that there was no approval yet and they are about to reach a decision. I told her that I got an email already and she said that She don't see any letter of the DM2 and told me to disregard it. She also told me that there was something being deleted on my file and maybe that's the decison. I told her about my ecas too that the decision has been made and she is insisting that there was no decision yet... :-( Frustrated again, I thought I am almost there :-( I have been checking my mailbox every single day. Depression is setting in :-(

by the way, i just checked my ECAS and, remember last month when "decision made" suddenly changed into "in process" issue, now my ECAS changed into decision made. I checked my husband's and both are decision made now. CIC is not consistent, this is crazy!

Why would they update my ecas into decision made if my file in their office hasn't reached decision yet? I am just hoping that the agent i spoke with is new and also confused just like me.