Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
torontoinlander said:
Hello,

My application was received in August 2011, and I received AIP in June 2012.

There has been no additional documents requested, or any any update ever since, other than my medical was received.

I have been calling CIC every week and all they say is that they are still processing my "background checks".

I submitted the police certificate from my home country when I submitted the application.

How many people from 2011 have not received the second stage approval after getting AIP?

Please share your experience with second stage approval, taking longer than 4 months.

PS. Does anyone know why it takes particularly long for some applicants to pass "background checks"?
Hey I got AIP on 31st OCT and them owp. After that on 4th no. They asked for finger prints which I sent on 7th nov. Since then no update. I am also 2011 august applicant.

Hope that helps

Naz

torontoinlander

Apr 28, 2012
nazam80 said:
Hey I got AIP on 31st OCT and them owp. After that on 4th no. They asked for finger prints which I sent on 7th nov. Since then no update. I am also 2011 august applicant.

Hope that helps

Naz
Why did they ask you for finger prints? Was that part of the police certificate from your originated country, but you hadn't completed yet? The police certificate from my home country does not include finger prints and I never submitted finger prints with my application..

Can you just clarify why they requested finger prints from you?

Thanks

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
torontoinlander said:
They do an RCMP check against your bio data (name and DOB usually). If there is a name/DOB match on you in the RCMP database, they will ask for your fingerprints so they can do a fingerprint match to ensure that the potential records they did find are not yours.

CIC only asks for them when there is an ambiguity about your identity.

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
torontoinlander said:
Why did they ask you for finger prints? Was that part of the police certificate from your originated country, but you hadn't completed yet? The police certificate from my home country does not include finger prints and I never submitted finger prints with my application..

Thanks
Normally if u lived in Canada more than a year they ask for fingers print it's quite normal. I sent them the police clearance from my country and also from another country where I lived around 10 years.

Naz

avigtr

Jan 11, 2012
Hi,

We have the same timeline exactly.
Like you there haven't been any additional info request(medicals received updated) and all they say is that they are doing background checks.
They never asked me for finger prints as I am like you and my police certificate from my country didn't require it(If you have finger prints in the police database it means you once committed a crime..)
There is no logical explanation for it that's why a week ago I sent the request for foss notes so will I know what's going on and I will surely update you as soon as I get it.
My sister gave birth just few days ago and I missed it..
Frustrating as hell I tell you...
torontoinlander said:
Hello,

My application was received in August 2011, and I received AIP in June 2012.

There has been no additional documents requested, or any any update ever since, other than my medical was received.

I have been calling CIC every week and all they say is that they are still processing my "background checks".

I submitted the police certificate from my home country when I submitted the application.

How many people from 2011 have not received the second stage approval after getting AIP?

Please share your experience with second stage approval, taking longer than 4 months.

PS. Does anyone know why it takes particularly long for some applicants to pass "background checks"?

Nahmed

Star Member
Aug 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville, alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2012
AOR Received.
20-07-2012
File Transfer...
05-11-2012
Med's Done....
15-03-2012
computergeek said:
They do an RCMP check against your bio data (name and DOB usually). If there is a name/DOB match on you in the RCMP database, they will ask for your fingerprints so they can do a fingerprint match to ensure that the potential records they did find are not yours.

CIC only asks for them when there is an ambiguity about your identity.
They asked for my fingerprints too.
Now I know the reason.
Thanks computergeek

torontoinlander

Apr 28, 2012
avigtr said:
Hi,

We have the same timeline exactly.
Like you there haven't been any additional info request(medicals received updated) and all they say is that they are doing background checks.
They never asked me for finger prints as I am like you and my police certificate from my country didn't require it(If you have finger prints in the police database it means you once committed a crime..)
There is no logical explanation for it that's why a week ago I sent the request for foss notes so will I know what's going on and I will surely update you as soon as I get it.
My sister gave birth just few days ago and I missed it..
Frustrating as hell I tell you...
I feel ya.. I also requested foss notes last week but haven't got any emails back other than the automated message when I sent the requested.

Am I supposed to get a confirmation email or anything??

I'll update you if i have any news to share as well..

torontoinlander

Apr 28, 2012
Hello everyone,

It's been almost five months since I got my AIP and haven't heard anything yet.

Just wondering, if I apply for Open Work Permit, how long is it valid for?

I'm debating whether I should apply for OWP, since I have no idea how much longer it's gonna take until 2nd stage approval..

but if OWP is only valid for a short period of time, I don't think it's worth applying for..

Can anyone tell me?

avigtr

Jan 11, 2012
I read that it takes something between 20-30 days so we have time.
The email you received is the confirmation email.
Please don't forget to update :)
torontoinlander said:
I feel ya.. I also requested foss notes last week but haven't got any emails back other than the automated message when I sent the requested.

Am I supposed to get a confirmation email or anything??

I'll update you if i have any news to share as well..

avigtr

Jan 11, 2012
It's valid for two years
torontoinlander said:
Hello everyone,

I'm debating whether I should apply for OWP, since I have no idea how much longer it's gonna take until 2nd stage approval..

but if OWP is only valid for a short period of time, I don't think it's worth applying for..

Can anyone tell me?

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
it depends, in our case it was valid for 1 year, some get it for 2 years, don't know why because some people got 2nd stage and some even landed shortly after getting a 2 years OWP...
torontoinlander said:
Hello everyone,

Can anyone tell me?

labhouise

Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 07 2011
Doc's Request.
24 04 2012
Passport Req..
AIP & OWP Oct 1 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan. 29th 2013
LANDED..........
Feb 14th 2013
kitchener_inland said:
Hey, Lab how is it going?

I'm guessing you haven't heard anything?? have you called the call center to see whats going on? I know most of the time they don't give you a proper answer but never hurts to try.
I hope you get your landing before Christmas! it'll be a good Christmas present. :)
Hey Kitchener

I haven't called now in a few weeks.........they will only tell me the same thing
According to my FOSS notes, it's just fingerprints their waiting on.
Unfortunately, I share a Last Name with some not so "Nice" people in my home country.........No Relationship to me but I'm sure CIC need to do a thorough check !!
So, according to the notes they will look at my file again in Jan.

Bet your glad your done !! ;) ;)

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011: application received
Doc's Request.
07-21-2011: received AIP & PPR request
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
labhouise said:
Hey Kitchener

I haven't called now in a few weeks.........they will only tell me the same thing
According to my FOSS notes, it's just fingerprints their waiting on.
Unfortunately, I share a Last Name with some not so "Nice" people in my home country.........No Relationship to me but I'm sure CIC need to do a thorough check !!
So, according to the notes they will look at my file again in Jan.

Bet your glad your done !! ;) ;)
ya I'm really glad i'm done but it would be nice to see you guys join the party ;)
when did you send the fingerprints? they asked for my finger prints few months before the second stage too.

labhouise

Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 07 2011
Doc's Request.
24 04 2012
Passport Req..
AIP & OWP Oct 1 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan. 29th 2013
LANDED..........
Feb 14th 2013
kitchener_inland said:
ya I'm really glad i'm done but it would be nice to see you guys join the party ;)
when did you send the fingerprints? they asked for my finger prints few months before the second stage too.
They received them on May 10th but didn't go back to my file until Sept. 19th
so, I'm thinking they only sent away the fingerprints on the 19th.
And, they asked me for an ink set, so I'm thinking up to 120 days from Sept. 19th. That will bring me into Jan 2013

Hopefully sometime in Jan I can join you in that party 8) 8) 8) 8)

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011: application received
Doc's Request.
07-21-2011: received AIP & PPR request
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
labhouise said:
They received them on May 10th but didn't go back to my file until Sept. 19th
so, I'm thinking they only sent away the fingerprints on the 19th.
And, they asked me for an ink set, so I'm thinking up to 120 days from Sept. 19th. That will bring me into Jan 2013

Hopefully sometime in Jan I can join you in that party 8) 8) 8) 8)

I see.. I really hope you get it before or at least by Christmas. :) :D
I remember when I did my fingerprints there was few places I could go and one lady officer told me the "digital" finger prints are much faster for them to receive, that's why I didn't do the ink one. but they've received your finger prints for a while now so hopefully they'll speed things along.

cheers!