Passport Req..
AIP & OWP Oct 1 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan. 29th 2013
LANDED..........
Feb 14th 2013
kitchener_inland said:
I see.. I really hope you get it before or at least by Christmas. :) :D
I remember when I did my fingerprints there was few places I could go and one lady officer told me the "digital" finger prints are much faster for them to receive, that's why I didn't do the ink one. but they've received your finger prints for a while now so hopefully they'll speed things along.

cheers!
It would be nice for Christmas but I'm not banking on it !!
In my letter from CIC they underlined Ink Fingerprints, so I couldn't do the digital ones.

We're going to my country for Christmas, I haven't been there for Christmas in 5 years, so that will be great !! and will take my mind off CIC for a while anyway !!

Lab xx

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011: application received
Doc's Request.
07-21-2011: received AIP & PPR request
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
labhouise said:
It would be nice for Christmas but I'm not banking on it !!
In my letter from CIC they underlined Ink Fingerprints, so I couldn't do the digital ones.

We're going to my country for Christmas, I haven't been there for Christmas in 5 years, so that will be great !! and will take my mind off CIC for a while anyway !!

Lab xx

that's a very good idea! :)

i'm sure you'll have fun there with family/friends. I wish you the best lab.

labhouise

Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 07 2011
Doc's Request.
24 04 2012
Passport Req..
AIP & OWP Oct 1 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan. 29th 2013
LANDED..........
Feb 14th 2013
kitchener_inland said:
that's a very good idea! :)

i'm sure you'll have fun there with family/friends. I wish you the best lab.
Thanks Kitchener :) :)
I will update if there is any news
I'm still glued to my Blackberry.........LOL

Lab

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
ItisTime said:
Does one have to continue extending visitor visa after AIP?
I guess some others will also give their input on that, based on what I know one must remain in a legal status all the time the process is ongoing. AIP in itself is not giving implied status, but if an extension of stay or Open Work Permit demand was sent with the PR file one get implied status for the full time of the process which is a legal status.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
vinlander said:
one must remain in a legal status all the time the process is ongoing.
This is a bit complicated. The regulations require that you be in status. The policy does not. From IP 8:

Under the current Regulations, applicants in this spouse or common-law partner in Canada class
must have a valid temporary resident status on the date of application and on the date they
receive permanent resident status to be eligible to be members of the class.
However, under the spousal policy, applicants who lack status as defined under the public policy

(see “What is lack of status under the public policy” below) may be granted permanent residence
so long as they meet all the other requirements of the class (i.e., they are not inadmissible for
reasons other than “lack of status.”)

However, applicants who do not have temporary resident status and who cannot be granted
positive consideration under the public policy can be removed at any time. Further, the spousal
policy does not change the requirement to seek necessary authorization to visit Canada or to
work or study here.
Source: Section 5.27 IP 8 "Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada Class"

ItisTime

Sep 20, 2012
ok, here is an addition to my previous question. If one have an OWP, are they still required to extend their visitor visa?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
ItisTime said:
ok, here is an addition to my previous question. If one have an OWP, are they still required to extend their visitor visa?
No. The work permit is sufficient to establish your status in Canada.

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
ItisTime said:
If one have an OWP one is no longer a visitor but a temporary resident so no need to extend the visitor stay. The OWP in itself grant a duration for the stay.

ItisTime

Sep 20, 2012
vinlander said:
If one have an OWP one is no longer a visitor but a temporary resident so no need to extend the visitor stay. The OWP in itself grant a duration for the stay.
Thx, I was just about to extend my visitor visa online although Ive got AIP and OWP!

nik-nik

Nov 15, 2012
Hi guys.
I was reading all threads in this web site for a while, but only now I chose to join in the convo :)
Currently I am waiting for an answer regarding my finger prints. I used ink finger prints and send them to Moscow.
I ordered CAIPSs notes recently and saw that Moscow send them to Ottawa on June 19. 150 days already passed and I haven't got any news.
So I was just wondering does any one know how lond aprox it takes for finger prints to travel to Ottawa and and how long result travels back to moscow?
I know chance is very small that someone uses the same visa office and undergoes throught the same thing, but still :D

Zion786

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
hi guys.....quick question......my file was transfered to local office in mntreal after AIP ...how can can contact the local montreal immigration office by phone?.....does anyone know their phone number?

CanED

Star Member
Apr 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 16th 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 24th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 18th 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 21st 2012 rec'd on Ecas Nov 11th 2012
Hi everyone;

I posted in the 2012 forum but got no reply!

Wondering if any of the 2011 people have any input on the below!

I have a few queries that someone may be able to assist with. I am the applicant and my wife (the sponsor) is currently on parental leave. We received AIP and OWP in Sept and are waiting for DM on Stage 2 - medicals were received by CIC last week so I have fingers, toes, arms, legs and eyes crossed that it will not be too much longer.

Anyway to my queries, my wife has a very good opportunity to return to work early in her home province. My questions;

1. Can I take over the parental leave (from let's say Feb to May) if I were to hand in notice in my current job - I have been working here on a full time basis for almost two years with the same employer, but once the parental leave finishes I will not be in the same province.

2. Is it advisable to change provinces when (possibly/theoretically) so close to the finish line? Should we wait to land and then make the move?

Thank you for any input you may have on this. The forum has been fantastic throughout this whole process. Thank you all for sharing. Best of luck for those waiting.

CanED.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
CanED said:
1. Can I take over the parental leave (from let's say Feb to May) if I were to hand in notice in my current job - I have been working here on a full time basis for almost two years with the same employer, but once the parental leave finishes I will not be in the same province.
Parental leave is an EI benefit, administered by Service Canada, so you can be anywhere in Canada to collect it.

CanED said:
2. Is it advisable to change provinces when (possibly/theoretically) so close to the finish line? Should we wait to land and then make the move?
Just make sure you advise CPC-V of your change of residence ASAP, since that will impact your landing office - the last thing you want is to have to wait six extra months while the old office transfers it back to CPC-V so they can transfer it to a new office. Also, I'd suggest paying Canada Post for the forwarding. Just in case.

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011: application received
Doc's Request.
07-21-2011: received AIP & PPR request
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
Zion786 said:
hi guys.....quick question......my file was transfered to local office in mntreal after AIP ...how can can contact the local montreal immigration office by phone?.....does anyone know their phone number?

you mean your file transferred to your local office for landing? if that's the case you just have to wait for them to contact you and set up a date regarding your landing. you can only call the main call center for information regarding your file.