Sep 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunshine2012 said:
Thanks guys to give me suggestion,

Got it, i will apply for visa extend in Nov again. (The applied 2 years before, they issued one year visa to me)
I wont do medical examination untill CIC ask later.
hey, i just wanna make sure that you know... visa is different than a Visitor Extension..when you are inside of Canada, you just need to get Visitor Record.. and you extend your Visitor Record. It's a piece of very fancy A4 paper. not the thing they stick on your passport.. :)

pennyverap

Apr 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville - Inland Sponsorship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2011
Doc's Request.
18-04-2012
Med's Done....
06-2012
Hi,

I am sponsoring my husband Inland... our application was received on Deccember 30 2011 and we received 1st stage approval (AIP) July 5th.
All paperwork has been sent in Medical, background checks etc... but there hasn't been any update on ECAS stating medicals received or anything...

Can anyone tell me about how long it takes to get 2nd stage approval? Do they usually update ECAS about medicals received etc or will we just (hopefully) get out approval?

Good luck to everyone going through this process!!! :)

sunshine2012

Star Member
Sep 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pennyverap said:
Hi,

I am sponsoring my husband Inland... our application was received on Deccember 30 2011 and we received 1st stage approval (AIP) July 5th.
All paperwork has been sent in Medical, background checks etc... but there hasn't been any update on ECAS stating medicals received or anything...

Can anyone tell me about how long it takes to get 2nd stage approval? Do they usually update ECAS about medicals received etc or will we just (hopefully) get out approval?

Check my old posts or Lab, Laura's. U neednt worry, u at least have a timeline within 8 months.

Heidyincnd

May 25, 2011
Woodbridge Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
1 May 2012
File Transfer...
12 Sept 2012
Med's Request
Waived
Med's Done....
25 May 2011
Interview........
5 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Waived
LANDED..........
5 Oct 2012
computergeek said:
Congratulations - you're basically done.

People seem to report anything from 3 weeks to 2 months for Calgary before you get an appointment.

The interview is generally a formality. They confirm you are still living with your sponsor here in Canada (a requirement for inland class applications), that you have not been charged with any criminal acts, that you have paid the RPRF, and that you have your pictures. From what everyone describes it is a fairly routine meeting that just finalizes your PR application and formally converts you from a foreign national to a permanent resident.

Good luck!

Hi,
My visa office is in Vergville. One week ago I got two letters from this office in which they said that my profile has been transferred to Etobicoke - Toronto. Most important thing, an interview date has been set (which will decide whether I am - the permanent applicant for in-land sponsorship - granted or not). In addition, they also mentioned about the Right of Permanent Residence and ask me to bring 490$ fee (with additional 2 pieces of photos). Now, I am so nervous and wondered myself what they would do and check on that day? Should I understand what they would do is to check how our relationship is genuine or fraud, or they do the same as with Calgary or Mtl offices? We rarely have a full sleep-well night since we got these letters. Please help me out.

Thank you so much...
Heidy

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
pennyverap said:
Hi,

AIP in 7 months for inland, that was fast...
For 2nd stage there is no standard time because some get it along with their 1 stage while some need to wait 6 months sometime more...

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
vinlander said:
AIP in 7 months for inland, that was fast...
It seems to be speeding up noticeably. Even the website now says 9 months, down from 11 months just one month ago (and down from an effective 12-13 months in the spring).

Mingming

Star Member
Mar 2, 2012
Great to receive the letters from CIC by email today!

One for my sopnsor and the other for me which is DM letter.

Does anybody knows how long it takes for the landing interview in Ottawa?

nonoo

Jan 23, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06th Dec 2011
AOR Received.
28th Feb 2012
Med's Request
18th Sept 2012
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2012 Displayed on Ecas 17th Nov 2012
Interview........
DM 18th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
15th March 2013
Hello Guys,
I just received the letter from CIC it states that my husband met the eligibility criteria to sponsor me. I have few questions though and would really appreciate your valuable opinions.
1. Am I going to receive AIP in a separate letter or this letter itself is AIP?
2. They are asking to redo the medical as the previous one I did it way before, so how long exactly it’s gonna delay the things further in the process??? For e.g. if I do my medicals tomorrow when can I expect the stage 2 approval?
3. How can I apply OWP and OHIP on the basis of this letter?
Thanks,

Militarywife

Jul 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 14th 2011
AOR Received.
Jan 30th 2012
Med's Done....
October 2011
LANDED..........
October 4th 2012
Mingming said:
Great to receive the letters from CIC by email today!

One for my sopnsor and the other for me which is DM letter.

Does anybody knows how long it takes for the landing interview in Ottawa?
Aww congrats mingming... Finally!!!

Mingming

Star Member
Mar 2, 2012
Militarywife said:
Aww congrats mingming... Finally!!!
Yes, Thanks Militarywife. We got two letters by email instead of by mail.

BTW, Do you know after the landing interview, Can I leave Canada without getting the PR card? And when my husband received the PR card in Canada then send to me to entry Canada again.

Ann81

Star Member
Sep 5, 2012
hey Heidyincnd,

You would be called in a room with ur sponsor , where they will be explaining the rights of permanent resident, SIN, MSP and also helpful information for new immigrants. And then you will be moved to another room and you will be called one by one to the window.
. Interview questions will be asked like , have you committed any crime here or outside Canada? When did you arrive in Canada? Any dependents? And when did you get married and if we are still married? then they will print the COPR documents and make u check all the information if it's all correct and then you have to sign it. they will then Void ur work permit and visitor record document if u have one

so relax & enjoy!!
Congratulations!! take it easy

Ann81

Star Member
Sep 5, 2012
nonoo said:
Hello Guys,
I just received the letter from CIC it states that my husband met the eligibility criteria to sponsor me. I have few questions though and would really appreciate your valuable opinions.
1. Am I going to receive AIP in a separate letter or this letter itself is AIP?
2. They are asking to redo the medical as the previous one I did it way before, so how long exactly it's gonna delay the things further in the process??? For e.g. if I do my medicals tomorrow when can I expect the stage 2 approval?
3. How can I apply OWP and OHIP on the basis of this letter?
Thanks,
Hey ,
take the AIP letter which u received via email & take 2 identifications : passport + ur proof of residence that cud be rental agreement + AIP mail letter
and u can apply fr OHIP
if u didn't recieve AIP via mail & have got it via email that's good enough , i never got mine through mail.. so relax
OWP : apply online if u didn't send it with ur application at the very beginning
when cic will request u to do medicals then only do it ... right now do not bother if they didn't request one as u have done it before when
u sent ur application

Regarding how long it would take fr stage 2 approval it all depends.. some people get it with the 1st stage & for some people it takes time
hope this info helps u

Cheers

Ann

Militarywife

Jul 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 14th 2011
AOR Received.
Jan 30th 2012
Med's Done....
October 2011
LANDED..........
October 4th 2012
Mingming said:
Yes, Thanks Militarywife. We got two letters by email instead of by mail.

BTW, Do you know after the landing interview, Can I leave Canada without getting the PR card? And when my husband received the PR card in Canada then send to me to entry Canada again.
Yes you can, I actually booked my ticket for December 11th, I am not sure if I will get the pr card yet. But someone will just mail it to me, if not I will apply for a temporary travel document.

Hope you get your interview date soon.

nonoo

Jan 23, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06th Dec 2011
AOR Received.
28th Feb 2012
Med's Request
18th Sept 2012
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2012 Displayed on Ecas 17th Nov 2012
Interview........
DM 18th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
15th March 2013
Ann81 said:
Hey ,
take the AIP letter which u received via email & take 2 identifications : passport + ur proof of residence that cud be rental agreement + AIP mail letter
and u can apply fr OHIP
if u didn't recieve AIP via mail & have got it via email that's good enough , i never got mine through mail.. so relax
OWP : apply online if u didn't send it with ur application at the very beginning
when cic will request u to do medicals then only do it ... right now do not bother if they didn't request one as u have done it before when
u sent ur application

Regarding how long it would take fr stage 2 approval it all depends.. some people get it with the 1st stage & for some people it takes time
hope this info helps u

Cheers

Ann
Thank you very much Ann for your comprehensive reply, actually the letter we received is via mail at our lawyer’s office I just collected it today and it has a separate letter for redoing the medical. My question is since I am asked to do the medical again how long it’s going to delay the second stage because I have heard people have been waiting for quite a few months after submitting the medical.