+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Application 2011

sunshine2012

Star Member
Sep 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chinda said:
Hey guys have a question so I received my aip letter today but it says decision for pr won't be met unless these rewquirements have been met .these include medical security and background checks for you and if applicable your family memebers both in canada and abroad .. Ok What ? All my family members they neeed medical for I don't understand .and police check do I need to do another one ? ..also can I take this letter along with 2 other proof to get Ohip ?
Hi Chinda,

'If applicable' means that if u also applied the PR for ur family, then need all the background checks too, if no, then u neednt worry anything.
And if the CIC asked u give them more documents, then u give, if not, then just wait for the step 2 result.

labhouise

Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 07 2011
Doc's Request.
24 04 2012
Passport Req..
AIP & OWP Oct 1 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan. 29th 2013
LANDED..........
Feb 14th 2013
LauraCanada said:
My dear Lab and Sunshine!

WOWOWWOWOWWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!
I just saw ur posts now because I have been out all day!
Lab, I am soooo happy for you!!! YAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

So it means I gotta wait for other 2 months and few weeks...oh well...I have been waiting for 13 months I guess 2 more months is nothing! lol

Sunshine, you are next in line! :) I need good news from you too!

But definitely Lab's good news made my weekend too hehe I am opening a bottle of wine in your honour if you don't mind :D 8)
Hi Laura

Love your post !!
I was thrilled to see something on my ecas. It's not AIP but at least I know they have the information and they are looking at it !
Hopefully you and Sunshine have quicker officers than I have and you both get good news sooner.
It's so hard to tell with CIC. I have read where people sent additional information and got approval after 6 weeks !!

Hope you enjoyed the wine :D :D

Have a great weekend

Lab

Azsereth

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
Montreal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
20-06-2011
r.hadii26 said:
hi everyone..
my fiance came to canada on a student vise since she is studying here
what would i need to do to apply for her PR ?
please help me out
You can find a lot of useful information about applying if you look at the first post by Leon on the following thread: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-sponsorship-t46995.0.html

A medical exam performed by an approved doctor (usually done last because it expires), background check (usually done first because it can take a long time), and supporting documents for your relationship are among the things required. Once you choose an application type, you can use the document checklist to figure out what you need. If you have questions about supporting documents and stuff, there are a lot of experienced people on the forum who can help.

squidrider

Sep 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2011
File Transfer...
08-09-2012
Med's Request
24-02-2012
Med's Done....
10-03-2012
LANDED..........
15-10-2012
Hey everyone,

Congrats to all those who have completed their journey and good luck to those of us still finishing. I wanted to ask if anyone has any opinions or advice on our situation right now. First a little background so you know where we are:

Sent application: March 8, 2011
CIC Processing Centre: Vegreville

E-cas status as of June 2011: In Process

We received your application for permanent residence on March 9, 2011
We started processing your application on April 5, 2011

OWP received in mail: February 22, 2012
AIP letter received in mail: February 24, 2012 (letter requested updated medical check and to obtain fingerprints)
Fingerprints done and sent February 28, 2012
Medical completed and sent: March 10, 2012

E-cas status as of September 8, 2012: Decision Made

We received your application for permanent residence on March 9, 2011
We started processing your application on April 5, 2011

A decision has been made you will be contacted

Medical results have been received

We sent you a letter on September 8, 2012 to ******* about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

We received a letter in the mail from the Vegreville centre on September 13, which read something like this "We are pleased to advise you we have completed processing your application for Permanent Residence....your file has been sent to the local CIC office in Vancouver. You must pay the ROPRF before receiving your PR. The local office will contact you with payment information and to confirm the date of your interview"

We received a letter in the mail from the Vancouver office on September 20, which reads

"This letter is to advise that we are now ready to finalize your application for Permanent Residence status in Canada. You have the option to come to the Vancouver office located at the above address or wait for the itinerant services delivery to come to your area. Please fax (***-***-****) or mail back this letter with your decision within 30 days on how you would like to finalize your application for Permanent Residence.

Once you have made your decision, we will contact you via mail for your scheduled appointment time and date.

Option A ____ I will wait for itinerant services delivery (at this time no time frame has been sent)

Option B ____ I will come to Vancouver to finalize my application for Permanent Residence. I will be available to come to Vancouver on the following dates and in between regular office hours of 8:00am to 4:00pm. ____________ (please provide specific date range and contact number)

If you have any questions please contact the Call Centre of Citizenship & Immigration Canada.

Citizenship & Immigration Canada
Permanent Resident Card Unit"

The address for the Vancouver office is at Expo Boulevard. We read somewhere that the Expo office does not take payments for the ROPRF, and so we are uncertain how to pay the fee, we called the call centre and they said the local office will let you know how to pay and that we shouldn't pay it online anymore. Does anyone have any experience with this particular situation?

Also, the letter we received from Vancouver indicates we are to select which dates we are available to go to Vancouver, can we just pick any dates we want (ie: next week for example) and they will accommodate our availability? Again, we are curious if anyone has any advice or if you have had similar experience?

We are hoping it is finally almost over! It's been 1.5 years since we first sent in our application and we just want to make sure the last couple months goes as smoothly as possible.

Thanks for your replies!

johanna125

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone:

My ecas made significant changes over the past 18 hours:

ON THE SPONSORSHIP APPLICATION - Decision Made. We sent you a letter about the decision.

ON THE PR APPLICATION : In process (this is the ecas as of sept 22, sat, 5pm)

Then today (sunday, 7am), the PR APP status changed to Decision Made too. It says medical received. The office will contact you concerning the decision.

Here's my timeline:

Oct 2011 - obtained police clearance from my country
Jan. 25, 2012 -- sent PR app to CIC
Mar. 2012 - did my medicals
May 2012 - sponsor received email notice from CIC stating my app has been received
Sept 22 5pm - ECAS changed to DM (sponsorship), and in process (PR)
Sept 23 7am - ECAS changed to DM (PR)

Now waiting for letters from CIC.

Thank you everyone for all the helpful and informative comments on various topics. Be patient. CIC is working faster than ever I think. Many thanks to CIC. Keep on praying and be hopeful.

Johanna

labhouise

Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 07 2011
Doc's Request.
24 04 2012
Passport Req..
AIP & OWP Oct 1 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan. 29th 2013
LANDED..........
Feb 14th 2013
johanna125 said:
Hi everyone:

My ecas made significant changes over the past 18 hours:

ON THE SPONSORSHIP APPLICATION - Decision Made. We sent you a letter about the decision.

ON THE PR APPLICATION : In process (this is the ecas as of sept 22, sat, 5pm)

Then today (sunday, 7am), the PR APP status changed to Decision Made too. It says medical received. The office will contact you concerning the decision.

Here's my timeline:

Oct 2011 - obtained police clearance from my country
Jan. 25, 2012 -- sent PR app to CIC
Mar. 2012 - did my medicals
May 2012 - sponsor received email notice from CIC stating my app has been received
Sept 22 5pm - ECAS changed to DM (sponsorship), and in process (PR)
Sept 23 7am - ECAS changed to DM (PR)

Now waiting for letters from CIC.

Thank you everyone for all the helpful and informative comments on various topics. Be patient. CIC is working faster than ever I think. Many thanks to CIC. Keep on praying and be hopeful.

Johanna
Congrats Johanna :)

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
johanna125, finally you got 2 stage approval at once too. Congrats to you dear. You don't need to worry about OWP anymore right? I think you can call them on Monday to ask if you can cancel it and receive the money back if you mind that part ;)

This year (2012), people just need to wait around less than 10 months, such a huge improvement from CIC. They're doing the great job now. ;D

Now you're waiting like me, it's 23 days after 2nd stage approval at my side now. Scarborough office is very slow :(

ItisTime

Sep 20, 2012
hi guys,

my spose and I received an email today (Sunday 23rd) with first stage approval. We are so excited. Here is my timeline

application recvd 3 February 2012

AOR 17 May 2012

AIP 23 September 2012

Best of luck to those who are still waiting. Things seems to be moving fast. Just have patience like I did!

labhouise

Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 07 2011
Doc's Request.
24 04 2012
Passport Req..
AIP & OWP Oct 1 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan. 29th 2013
LANDED..........
Feb 14th 2013
Hi All

I called CIC again this morning. Just for our usual weekly chat..........
Once again I gave my information, bla bla bla. So off he went, kept me on hold for about 10 minutes( I think he was finishing his Tim's and breakfast sandwich )
And he comes back on and says " well, since they requested additional information from you, the timelines are out the window. So you just have to wait "
Wow really , I never would have guessed. ( Forgive my sarcassim, but at this point all I can do is laugh )

So here I am again. Another week of wondering.

Congrats to all who have got AIP, Decision Made, Landed.
I would be over the moon right now with AIP

Lab

squidrider

Sep 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2011
File Transfer...
08-09-2012
Med's Request
24-02-2012
Med's Done....
10-03-2012
LANDED..........
15-10-2012
Hi everyone, a quick update on my previous post for anyone interested. I finally got a hold of a call centre agent this morning and asked them about the letter regarding the two options for the interview and how to pay the residence fee, this is what he told me:

The letter with the options to go to Vancouver or wait because they have closed our local office now (in Victoria) and it may be a long journey to travel to Vancouver so they ask if there is a date range that we can travel there that would be best for us. So we are supposed to provide a specific date range and the Vancouver office will try their best to accommodate it.

He said that the right of permanent residence fee can be paid online, or at a bank, but you have to order the bank receipt form which could take a couple weeks to get, or you can pay when you show up. I asked if we paid it online, that we would then just print out the emailed receipt and bring it in? He said yes absolutely.

So what we are going to do next is fax back the form and put in a time range that is within the next two weeks and see how they respond. We are going to wait to pay online until after we receive a confirmation letter from Vancouver, as it may indicate a more specific payment request, but if not we'll pay it online as it's by far the fastest and easiest to do. I'll update again after we hear back from the Vancouver office.

LauraCanada

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 6th 2011
Doc's Request.
July 18th 2012
Med's Done....
July 31st 2012
labhouise said:
Hi All

I called CIC again this morning. Just for our usual weekly chat..........
Once again I gave my information, bla bla bla. So off he went, kept me on hold for about 10 minutes( I think he was finishing his Tim's and breakfast sandwich )
And he comes back on and says " well, since they requested additional information from you, the timelines are out the window. So you just have to wait "
Wow really , I never would have guessed. ( Forgive my sarcassim, but at this point all I can do is laugh )

So here I am again. Another week of wondering.

Congrats to all who have got AIP, Decision Made, Landed.
I would be over the moon right now with AIP

Lab
Same thing CIC told me last Monday :( Dont even know what to say anymore, Im completely speechless :(

DecisionMade

Sep 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey I'm new here.

I'm just wondering if anyone here is applying from Quebec.

I got Decision Made on Aug 15th 2012. Received letter said that Montreal office will contact me. Called them when I received the letter of Decision Made & Right of PR fee (Aug 20th). At that time, the agent said that for office in MTL, it takes about a month for scheduling interview. So, if I ever have an interview, it would be around Sep 13th. However, it's been more than a month, NOTHING IS COMING THROUGH THE MAIL !!!!

I called them twice for the past 2 weeks. Last week, the agent said that he will send another message to the office in Mtl reg my case.

Anyone here knows that how long it is supposed to take from Decision Made to the next step? Or anyone applying from Quebec get anything from MTL office recently?

labhouise

Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 07 2011
Doc's Request.
24 04 2012
Passport Req..
AIP & OWP Oct 1 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan. 29th 2013
LANDED..........
Feb 14th 2013
LauraCanada said:
Same thing CIC told me last Monday :( Dont even know what to say anymore, Im completely speechless :(
I know exactly how you feel..........lost for words at the moment :(

lilizinha

Star Member
May 15, 2012
Hi everybody!

Hey everyone,

Congrats to all those who have completed their journey and good luck to those of us still finishing. I wanted to ask if anyone has any opinions or advice on our situation right now. First a little background so you know where we are:

Hi everyone,
I received a letter today saying ,
We are pleased to advise you we have completed processing your application has been completed. The CIC Calgary will contact you concerning your Permanent Residence.

They talked about the fee (490) that we have to pay
They also say that a final decision will be made at that time ( when we go for interview)
Does anyone knows how long does it takes to land in Calgary?
And what happens at the time of this interview?
Thanks