vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
dec.09,2011 AIP/OPW:Sept.11,2012 DM:Sept.18,2012
lilizinha said:
Hi everybody!

Hey everyone,

Congrats to all those who have completed their journey and good luck to those of us still finishing. I wanted to ask if anyone has any opinions or advice on our situation right now. First a little background so you know where we are:

Hi everyone,
I received a letter today saying ,
We are pleased to advise you we have completed processing your application has been completed. The CIC Calgary will contact you concerning your Permanent Residence.

They talked about the fee (490) that we have to pay
They also say that a final decision will be made at that time ( when we go for interview)
Does anyone knows how long does it takes to land in Calgary?
And what happens at the time of this interview?
Thanks
Hi,My landing office is calgary also I just receive an email last sept.18 for approval of 2nd stage and I called today at cic they said that the time frame is 8 weeks.As the calgary office is a bussiest vo also.hopefully it will not take any longer for our appointment in calgary.let me know when you receive a mail for your landing date...thanks

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
lilizinha said:
They also say that a final decision will be made at that time ( when we go for interview)
Thanks
Congratulations - you're basically done.

People seem to report anything from 3 weeks to 2 months for Calgary before you get an appointment.

The interview is generally a formality. They confirm you are still living with your sponsor here in Canada (a requirement for inland class applications), that you have not been charged with any criminal acts, that you have paid the RPRF, and that you have your pictures. From what everyone describes it is a fairly routine meeting that just finalizes your PR application and formally converts you from a foreign national to a permanent resident.

Good luck!

lilizinha

Star Member
May 15, 2012
Thanks ! I thought the same, but my husband was telling me that will have an interview and all depends on that..bla bla bla..he made me worry a bit
:D

computergeek said:
Congratulations - you're basically done.

People seem to report anything from 3 weeks to 2 months for Calgary before you get an appointment.

The interview is generally a formality. They confirm you are still living with your sponsor here in Canada (a requirement for inland class applications), that you have not been charged with any criminal acts, that you have paid the RPRF, and that you have your pictures. From what everyone describes it is a fairly routine meeting that just finalizes your PR application and formally converts you from a foreign national to a permanent resident.

Good luck!

lilizinha

Star Member
May 15, 2012
Thanks for the response.
As soon as I get any news on dates I let you know!

yangski said:
Hi,My landing office is calgary also I just receive an email last sept.18 for approval of 2nd stage and I called today at cic they said that the time frame is 8 weeks.As the calgary office is a bussiest vo also.hopefully it will not take any longer for our appointment in calgary.let me know when you receive a mail for your landing date...thanks

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
lilizinha said:
Thanks ! I thought the same, but my husband was telling me that will have an interview and all depends on that..bla bla bla..he made me worry a bit
At this point he's pretty much one of the few things that can screw it up for you!

lilizinha

Star Member
May 15, 2012
Oh..don't say that... I will make sure he is quiet!
We have been married for 3 years and I thought that would count too.
Hope everythig goes just fine.
Cant wait till they contact me and tell me when is my landing date
computergeek said:
At this point he's pretty much one of the few things that can screw it up for you!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
lilizinha said:
Hope everything goes just fine.
It will. Nothing to worry about. You should have a small celebration NOW and then a BIG celebration after they've stamped your COPR and you're no longer a "foreign national".

Wicket08

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
AOR Received.
07-11-2011
Med's Done....
April 2011
LANDED..........
08-11-2012
lilizinha said:
Hi everybody!

Hey everyone,

Congrats to all those who have completed their journey and good luck to those of us still finishing. I wanted to ask if anyone has any opinions or advice on our situation right now. First a little background so you know where we are:

Hi everyone,
I received a letter today saying ,
We are pleased to advise you we have completed processing your application has been completed. The CIC Calgary will contact you concerning your Permanent Residence.

Thanks

I received Stage 2 DM Sept 8.Got a letter from CIC Calgary dated september 9 and landing interview is November 8. So yeah, it`s 8 weeks waiting time in Calgary. Can`t complain. beats the 12 months Ive waited!

sunshine2012

Star Member
Sep 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I am still waiting for my AIP, first step.
And my visa will be expired by the end of this year. I have no idea that whether could i get any news from CIC, even i applied PR last July.
Soon should i apply for visa extend or OWP too. Btw, my medical examination will be expired by the end of this year too.
Which way is better to keep me to stay here better legally?
Thx for everyone's opinions!

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
sunshine2012 said:
Hi All,

And my visa will be expired by the end of this year. I have no idea that whether could i get any news from CIC, even i applied PR last July.
Soon should i apply for visa extend or OWP too. Btw, my medical examination will be expired by the end of this year too.
You can't apply for owp without first getting AIP that would be rejected. That is why it is strongly advised to put the OWP form into the same enveloppe as PR with a note to proceed only when AIP is granted. I guess the best bet would be to extent your visa (visitor?) as long as you can (until at least AIP) then apply for OWP. Implied status is NOT given by having simply a PR file sitting on CIC desk, OWP form in the same enveloppe IS giving such a status however. That notion is very confusing because any applicant must always remain legally in the country as per immigration laws even if it is not required to be legal to apply for PR...

DecisionMade

Sep 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunshine2012 said:
Hi All,

Hey, def. apply for a Visitor Extension. I called. Call center told me so. I emailed a removal officer, he said so as well.
When I didn't have AIP, they only gave me 6 months of Visitor Extension.
But when the 6-months one almost expired, I got AIP. Then I applied again just to stay in legal status, they actually gave me the full length of time I requested.... like almost 2 years.

Sorry I can't answer you reg. the medical. mine passed through during 1 year period. well.. worst to the worst, you will just do the exam again, I guess. But it doesn't hurt much except money-wise.

hope it helps.

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
I should also add, that in my case when we put OWP form into the PR enveloppe, I also paid the 75$ for the extension of stay because I wasn't sure about that implied thing but finally they refunded me the 75$ last week after receiving the OWP.

ilovecanada4ever

Star Member
Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
Med's Done....
30-06-2011
Hey guys, remember I was pretty let down by the request to re-do my medical? Turns out that I don't have to re-do it, it was the representative's mistake who gave me wrong information over the phone. I was asked to update my client history only. I hope this stage will be over soon. For those July folks who're around my timeline, how are you doing?

sunshine2012

Star Member
Sep 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks guys to give me suggestion,

Got it, i will apply for visa extend in Nov again. (The applied 2 years before, they issued one year visa to me)
I wont do medical examination untill CIC ask later.