+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Application 2011

Ann81

Star Member
Sep 5, 2012
Wicket08 said:
hey Ann,

sorry no idea abt the letter. I`m away for 3 weeks. Will get to check mail when I get home next month. I`m hoping my friend will check my mail but she hasn`t said anything abt it yet.
Oh 3 weeks away from home ??
I'm sure things will move fast for you!!

goodluck

Ann

raabhim

Aug 16, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2011
Interview........
none AIP 23-07-2012
LANDED..........
01-10-2012
kochanie said:
Hello everyone,

My husband landed today in Vancouver office. It was a small group because according to them this was the first batch landing with the new computer system. There were 9 couples and 2 no show. I'm guessing the 2 who missed the schedule did not check mails last Friday.

Everyone got called in a room (with sponsor and some brought entire family :) ) for a presentation that lasted about half an hour explaining the rights of permanent resident, SIN, MSP and also helpful information for new immigrants. And then we moved to another room and got called one by one to the window. After waiting for 40 minutes for our turn, which is nothing compared to almost a year :)... Interview questions, have you committed any crime here or outside Canada? When did you arrive in Canada? Any dependents? And when did you get married and if we are still married? She printed the COPR documents and have us checked all the information if it's all correct and signed it. Voided the work permit and visitor record document. And "Congratulations you are now a permanent resident of Canada" The entire process took about 1 hour and 35minutes.

Now we are celebrating here at our favorite Mongolian grill (we are both starving!!) and will celebrate with a bottle of wine at home later tonight.

Oh and we asked about PR card because we are booked on the 9th of December to visit family and she said we for sure should get it in the mail by then provided we give the correct address, she said it takes 6-8 weeks!

11 months and 19 days... We are so happy! Good luck everyone and definitely worth the wait!!
Kochanie! BIG Congratz!!!! :) :D thanks for sharing your experience!
We called CIC this morning, the guy from the phone still told us nothing yet and vancouver 3 months:((

However, I just received a letter from my dad about my hubby's landing letter! They send on Sep 13 and scheduled Oct 1!
I feel surprised that CIC sent this letter to the previous address, luckily that was my parent's address!! because we changed mailing address 1.5 months ago.

Good luck for everyone!

tow75

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2011
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
File Transfer...
29-08-2012
Interview........
12-17-2012
Hi everyone,
Me and my husband put in our application almost a year ago, and we got a letter from our consultant recently that our application is being transferred to the local Montreal office for further assessment. I'm really confused about whether or not this is good news of bad since our consultant says it's good news.
Our application was received on October 28th 2011, and I was approved as a sponsor mid-March 2012. My husband got his CAQ (Quebec) in May and we've been waiting all summer to hear some news. What we're worried about is that my husband was out of status for almost a year before we put through the papers. Should we be concerned? I thought that because I was approved as a sponsor so quickly it meant that CIC found our relationship to be genuine but now I've read up on it and I'm so confused! Our consultant says there will be no problems. She said that they will either give my husband a visa or call him in for an interview.

Does anyone have any experience with this? We've been waiting for so long!!Any help with this would be awesome!

phoisgood

Jul 23, 2011
computergeek said:
How did you send it? Do you have a VO name?

Send your backup via courier. Tell them you submitted previously. Send them a receipt for mailing/receipt if you have one. If you have a VO name, send it to the visa officer's attention specifically.
I sent it through registered mail. Whats a VO exactly?

anticipation

Star Member
Apr 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14,2011
AOR Received.
March 1, 2012
File Transfer...
DM Received February 21
Med's Request
11-09-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012 received in Ottawa
LANDED..........
ON 24-04-2013. Yeah!
My husband and I got AIP and my Work Permit in the mail today!
Our application was received on December 14, 2012.
I need to do new medicals because they were over a year old.
Now to get Healthcare and SIN and all those good things.
Reading all your posts has really helped keep up my spirits.
Johanna125 they seem to be speeding up!
Keep an eye on the mailbox.
We didn't get an e-mail, nor did our status change before we got the mail.

Ematina

Star Member
May 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2011
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
Med's Done....
12-07-2012
(vancouver office) just need to know if any one who sent their application on August 2011 had their landing interview!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vincystress

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
etobicoke
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
september ,12,2011
Doc's Request.
june,16,2012
AOR Received.
october,11,2011
File Transfer...
jan.16,2012
Interview........
june,13,2012
Passport Req..
dec,13,2012
LANDED..........
jan,16,2013
vinlander said:
Good news we got OWP last friday and today AIP in the mail :)
how long after you applied did you get it and also i did common law and want to send in my work permit (did not send it in with application) did any one have to go to a get any thing stamp to do the work permit

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
vincystress said:
how long after you applied did you get it and also i did common law and want to send in my work permit (did not send it in with application) did any one have to go to a get any thing stamp to do the work permit
I did mine online as well the payment i did it online.

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
vincystress said:
It was paid online and sent with our PR application originally with a mention "please proceed only when AIP is granted" and they did as requested. We got the permit int the mail 1 day before the AIP letter.
I guess it is really the fastest and effective way to get OWP.

vincystress

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
etobicoke
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
september ,12,2011
Doc's Request.
june,16,2012
AOR Received.
october,11,2011
File Transfer...
jan.16,2012
Interview........
june,13,2012
Passport Req..
dec,13,2012
LANDED..........
jan,16,2013
vinlander said:
It was paid online and sent with our PR application originally with a mention "please proceed only when AIP is granted" and they did as requested. We got the permit int the mail 1 day before the AIP letter.
I guess it is really the fastest and effective way to get OWP.
i got my aip on june 14 but now i want to apply for the owp but it is asking for me to do a statutory declaration of common law union do i have to fill that out as well

Mingming

Star Member
Mar 2, 2012
Militarywife said:
Hey MingMing, just letting you know that I called immigration today, and the lady I spoked with said that the sponsership has Been approved and that I am eligible for PR. She also said they mailed out a letter on the 12th of September. When I get the mail I will let you know.

Our ecas is still showing "in process" for the sponser and on mine application recieved for permanent residences nov 14 and med recieved.
Hello Militarywife,

Congratulations! Thanks for this updated news. May I know which province are you living in? I am living in Ontario, Ottawa.

I will let you know once I get the updated information as well.

Militarywife

Jul 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 14th 2011
AOR Received.
Jan 30th 2012
Med's Done....
October 2011
LANDED..........
October 4th 2012
Mingming said:
Hello Militarywife,

Congratulations! Thanks for this updated news. May I know which province are you living in? I am living in Ontario, Ottawa.

Hey, thanks! I'm in Toronto Ontario. Hope u get some good news soon!

In Limbo

Star Member
Nov 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16, 2011
ConfusedOne said:
Same here Missha, we got AIP on Feb 29th, they received all the document requested in April; our bfd was Aug 19th, i called and they said that they have everything they need now just waiting for a decision :( so frustrating..
Hi guys, we got AIP back in March and just got the documents to finalize everything. So hubby will receive PR September 28th. Hang in there. What a journey.

nonoo

Jan 23, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06th Dec 2011
AOR Received.
28th Feb 2012
Med's Request
18th Sept 2012
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2012 Displayed on Ecas 17th Nov 2012
Interview........
DM 18th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
15th March 2013
Mingming said:
Hello Militarywife,

Hi Mingming,

I am in Dec 06 and haven't heard anything yet, I called CIC yesterday and they said as of now my file is not open and that I should wait for another 3-4 weeks at least. according to the agent the earliest I could hear from them is after Oct 06 i.e after 10 months since they received my application. she also said that she has no clue how other people received approvals who applied on or after the same timelines as mine but she said if I have concern I can always write to the vegreville AB office(centre) but she advised its better to wait till the end of November before writing to them.

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
vincystress said:
i got my aip on june 14 but now i want to apply for the owp but it is asking for me to do a statutory declaration of common law union do i have to fill that out as well
Not sure but as far as I have read, usually that is when financial requirement applies like when the sponsored is also co-signing or dependants are involved.
I did not fill anything like that when I filled my application initially.
Don't know if common law is treated differently as married couple.