Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2012
AOR Received.
23-02-2012
LANDED..........
30-05-2013
Hi!

We have been waiting for more than 7 months since AIP for DM (stage 2). Unfortunately, we were mislead by a CIC agent by phone that the background check started since February 2012. Actually we have learned 1 month ago that it was never been started! :eek:

I guess an agent realized it with the OWP request and this is why we have received the Request for Client History update in August for February 2011 until now. We have respond and sent within 24 hours. We send it express post and was received at Vegreville within 48 hours. Still not on eCas...

We are a really straight forward case with no dependant and all the fees for application are paid.
We are also afraid that the medical will be expired. We were grant an exensionin February 2012 (as per FOSS and CIC agent).

Any suggestion to process the case faster?

Should we request an appointment with CIC office?

Thank you!

PRQC

blue7120

Jul 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
VEG
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec.2011
AOR Received.
March.2012 -- AIP ON SEPTEMBER 2012
Med's Request
September.2012
Med's Done....
Octobre.2012
hi, my sponsor received letter dated 12-sept. Said he met the requirements as a sponsor.
But for me, I am not yet received any letter.
Do you people think that I will receive the letter soon?

BTW, our file received Dec 19, 2011.

canadianwife43

Star Member
Nov 15, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 8 2011
I received a letter several days ago stating that a decision was made on my permanent residency application and was expecting to get a letter in the mail for a landing date at the Scarborough office, here in Ontario......Instead, I got a letter today from the Scarborough office asking me to get the 490.00 Right of Permanent Residence Fee and forward it to the Scarborough office.
Also, the asked that I mail them a copy of my valid passport, and a copy of the letter they sent me today and fax it to their office within 7 days of the date of the letter, which is dated the 14th.
My question is..does this mean I may not have to appear in person for my landing? Thanks in advance for your replies.

nonoo

Jan 23, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06th Dec 2011
AOR Received.
28th Feb 2012
Med's Request
18th Sept 2012
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2012 Displayed on Ecas 17th Nov 2012
Interview........
DM 18th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
15th March 2013
yangski said:
hi guy's,

We've got 3 mail yesterday 2 letter for AIP and OPW.

Application receive:dec.09,2011
Start processing:feb.28,2012
AIP & OPW:Sept.12,2012

And today I've email from CIC-V and It say's:We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed.
The Canada Immigration Centre in Calgary will contact you concerning your permanent resident status.
Hi yangski,

its so good to hear you are through with the entire process. wish you have your landing interview soon.
I am still waiting I don't know why they are taking so long to process my application feeling so helpless at this stage :(

yangski

Nov 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
dec.09,2011 AIP/OPW:Sept.11,2012 DM:Sept.18,2012
nonoo said:
Hi yangski,

its so good to hear you are through with the entire process. wish you have your landing interview soon.
I am still waiting I don't know why they are taking so long to process my application feeling so helpless at this stage :(
hi nonoo,

Thank you so much nonoo.But pls. dont worry you are next for sure just be positive. ;D everything is fine..

raabhim

Aug 16, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2011
Interview........
none AIP 23-07-2012
LANDED..........
01-10-2012
Just a quick question, will we get a SIN on the landing interview day?

nonoo

Jan 23, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06th Dec 2011
AOR Received.
28th Feb 2012
Med's Request
18th Sept 2012
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2012 Displayed on Ecas 17th Nov 2012
Interview........
DM 18th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
15th March 2013
yangski said:
hi nonoo,

Thank you so much nonoo.But pls. dont worry you are next for sure just be positive. ;D everything is fine..
Thank you so much for your nice thoughts and wishing me luck Yangski, I am really very happy for you .
I really wanted to plan our vacations to meet my family this Dec but it seems like it will take ages to hear something from CIC.

SMA.DE

Jun 19, 2011
Hi there, we just got an letter from Vancouver Office yesterday to let us go for landing on Oct 3.
My timeline is:
Application received by CIC on Nov 30, 2011.
AIP on Sep 9th, 2012 notified by email, received OWP in mail on Sep 12th
Got landing letter on Sep 18 (dated Sep 13), will be landing on Oct 3.

The e-case changed to both DM today. No other letters received so far.

My question is that I have paid the permanent residence fee ($490) when we initially submitted our application, but on the landing letter, it says that "our record shows that you have not pay the permanent residence fee...please pay online at least 3 days before the appointment date...If you have paid, please bring your receipt." I am wondering if there anyone here who has paid the fee, but on their landing letter he/she still gets this notification. Is this a standard wording for a landing letter?

Wicket08

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
AOR Received.
07-11-2011
Med's Done....
April 2011
LANDED..........
08-11-2012
canadianwife43 said:
I received a letter several days ago stating that a decision was made on my permanent residency application and was expecting to get a letter in the mail for a landing date at the Scarborough office, here in Ontario......Instead, I got a letter today from the Scarborough office asking me to get the 490.00 Right of Permanent Residence Fee and forward it to the Scarborough office.
Also, the asked that I mail them a copy of my valid passport, and a copy of the letter they sent me today and fax it to their office within 7 days of the date of the letter, which is dated the 14th.
My question is..does this mean I may not have to appear in person for my landing? Thanks in advance for your replies.
RPRF is to be paid before you land. Is your passport near it's expiry date? Maybe they're just making sure your passport is still valid before your landing interview. Sorry, I'm just guessing with the passport thing but yeah, I paid the RPRF already online. I land in Calgary on November 8. I haven't seen my appointment letter yet as I'm away from home for 3 weeks. I wonder if they ask me the same. I suddenly got worried as I type this reply as the passport copy I submitted to them expires December of this year. I just knew my interview date because of ECAS.

Wicket08

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
AOR Received.
07-11-2011
Med's Done....
April 2011
LANDED..........
08-11-2012
yangski said:
hi wicket,

sure I will,I was thinking about you as I remeber your from red deer too..I hope we have the same landing date so I can meet you as well. :D :D
it would be fun if we meet at the Calgary office! LOL. Happy for u! Cheers!

PanEva

Jun 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
November 2, 2011
Interview........
September 26, 2012
Just checked ECas today (haven't check for last few days):

Both Sponsorship and Permanent Residence Application Status have changed to DM.

My landing interview is next week in Vancouver.

Will share interview process afterward. ;)

anticipation

Star Member
Apr 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14,2011
AOR Received.
March 1, 2012
File Transfer...
DM Received February 21
Med's Request
11-09-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012 received in Ottawa
LANDED..........
ON 24-04-2013. Yeah!
blue7120 said:
hi, my sponsor received letter dated 12-sept. Said he met the requirements as a sponsor.
But for me, I am not yet received any letter.
Do you people think that I will receive the letter soon?

BTW, our file received Dec 19, 2011.
Yes, just keep checking the mail. My file was received on the Dec 14, 2011. We got all 3 letters that were sent on September 11, 2012. Hopefully yours just got separated in the mail!!!

Anticipation

SMA.DE

Jun 19, 2011
PanEva said:
Just checked ECas today (haven't check for last few days):

Both Sponsorship and Permanent Residence Application Status have changed to DM.

My landing interview is next week in Vancouver.

Will share interview process afterward. ;)
Just wondering,did you pay your permanent residence fee before you got the landing letter? Also, in your landing letter, does it say anything like " our recordes show that you have not pay the permanent residence fee."?

anticipation

Star Member
Apr 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14,2011
AOR Received.
March 1, 2012
File Transfer...
DM Received February 21
Med's Request
11-09-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012 received in Ottawa
LANDED..........
ON 24-04-2013. Yeah!
avigtr said:
Hi Guys,

I read that a lot of people that are getting first approval and OWP applying social insurance number.

My question for you,
If I am going to apply for a new job right now isn't the work permit enough?don't we have a temporary sin anyway?

Thanks in advance :)
I did not have a SIN and just got it this morning after receiving the OWP Tuesday. It is free and painless. But unless you have gotten one before, you do need to get one after receiving your OWP, it is not automatic.

PanEva

Jun 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
November 2, 2011
Interview........
September 26, 2012
SMA.DE said:
Just wondering,did you pay your permanent residence fee before you got the landing letter? Also, in your landing letter, does it say anything like " our recordes show that you have not pay the permanent residence fee."?
I did pay for the fee and included the receipt in the application. On landing letter, it didn't say "our recordes show.... fee". It did say"Please bring proof of payment for the Right of Permanent Residency Fee.".

I recommend give CIC a call and tell them you have paid the RPRF already. You can fax them the receipt if request.