App. Filed.......
16-09-2011
Interview........
none AIP 23-07-2012
LANDED..........
01-10-2012
kochanie said:
So, we got the mail! Yay!

Landing Interview: September 17, 2012 ( Vancouver office)

The letter was dated September 11 and I'm guessing we got it the mailbox last Friday(or Thursday), but landlords did not checked the mailbox until today when we asked if we have mails.

This is it!! 2 more days!!

Congratulations to everyone and good luck.

Raabhim, I suggest you call CIC again. Hope you get yours too very soon!
Wow congratz! Happy for u:)) Well, we still don't have any news from cic.. Kinda like disappointed..

raabhim

Aug 16, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2011
Interview........
none AIP 23-07-2012
LANDED..........
01-10-2012
Kochanie, have u checked ur e-case? I'm just wondering will it show landing time there?

kochanie

Oct 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
raabhim said:
Kochanie, have u checked ur e-case? I'm just wondering will it show landing time there?
Yeah, we checked ECAS but no, nothing about interview. There must be some confusion, maybe call CIC on Monday and asked.

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
Hello, im just wondering if why they need the sponsor to attend the landing interview? My husband will be going away for a while, is personal appearance of sponsor is a must? And does he needs to provide identifications too? Thanks in advance!

PanEva

Jun 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
November 2, 2011
Interview........
September 26, 2012
xxpazaway said:
Hello, im just wondering if why they need the sponsor to attend the landing interview? My husband will be going away for a while, is personal appearance of sponsor is a must? And does he needs to provide identifications too? Thanks in advance!
I think the sponsor should show up.

On my interview letter, it highlights "Please ensure that your sponsor attends the interview with you as there may be a requirement to question". You can bring your own interpreter, no babies or small children.

At the end of the letter said, "if you are unable to attend this interview, please write or fax us as soon as possible explaining your situation.

My interview office is in Vancouver.

To kochanie: would you mind sharing what you got after the interview next week? I will need to prepare mine afterward. Where is your interview office?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
For inland applications, you have to demonstrate that the sponsor and applicant are still co-habitating, which is likely why they want the sponsor to appear as well.

Ann81

Star Member
Sep 5, 2012
Preeya said:
For WHOMEVER RECEIVED AIP :

I just want to share my experience with you. I have received AIP By email.

1.) You cannot go and apply for healthcard at any service ontario. Most of the service ontario are private and they didn't know anything about our AIP. YOU SHOULD GO TO GOVERNMENT SERVICE ONTARIO. They only have all the service and private service ontario has limited service.

In Toronto, you can go to Sheppard & Yonge Street

2.) They will not accept email AIP. As it doesn't have signature. They said, we can apply only with ORIGINAL AIP from mail and it will have signature. And we are eligible for health card from 3 months of the AIP date

Hey Preeya,

Dont wait for the original AIP mail....just take ur email copy and go, u will be eligible for the health card!!

Cheers

Ann

I HAVE RECEIVED MY AIP ON THE EMAIL ON SEPTEMBER 4, 2012 AND STILL WAITING FOR THE ORIGINAL DOCUMENT FROM MAIL :-(

Good Luck.
Preeya

kochanie

Oct 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PanEva said:
I think the sponsor should show up.

On my interview letter, it highlights "Please ensure that your sponsor attends the interview with you as there may be a requirement to question". You can bring your own interpreter, no babies or small children.

At the end of the letter said, "if you are unable to attend this interview, please write or fax us as soon as possible explaining your situation.

My interview office is in Vancouver.

To kochanie: would you mind sharing what you got after the interview next week? I will need to prepare mine afterward. Where is your interview office?
Sure will do. And landing tomorrow at Vancouver office.

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
Does anyone know roughly how long does the letter take between getting the decision made letter and your local office letter for the landing date?

PanEva

Jun 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
November 2, 2011
Interview........
September 26, 2012
For those who may be curious about PR card processing time (I believe count from the day of landing):

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp

Currently, it's 55 BUSINESS day (almost 2 and half month).

I believe, you still can't travel out of Canada until you receive the PR card. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Still hoping to hear more good news for those who are waiting. ;)

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
Just recently many people said that we cannot travel with AIP, please look for more info this post again guys: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/inland-application-2011-t67267.0.html;msg1364420#msg1364420

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
PanEva said:
For those who may be curious about PR card processing time (I believe count from the day of landing):

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp

Currently, it's 55 BUSINESS day (almost 2 and half month).
11 weeks - I'd count that (including mailing time) as 3 months.

PanEva said:
I believe, you still can't travel out of Canada until you receive the PR card. (Correct me if I'm wrong)
According to ENF 4 ("Port of Entry Examinations"):

11.2. Verifying permanent resident status

The permanent resident card is the only valid proof of permanent resident status in Canada.

The following documents are satisfactory indicators of permanent residence:

• the original Record of Landing:
• a certified true copy of a Record of Landing document issued by CIC National Headquarters;
• a letter issued by CIC National Headquarters verifying permanent residence;
• a passport duly stamped showing the date on which permanent residence was granted, if the
person was granted permanent resident status before 1973; and
• a Confirmation of Permanent Residence document [IMM 5292B].

11.3. Establishing permanent resident status without documents

BSOs at ports of entry have the discretion to authorize the entry of permanent residents, even in
the absence of documentation. If documentary evidence is not available, the BSO at Immigration
Secondary must establish the person’s permanent resident status through questioning and
checking the person’s status in FOSS. The status of persons who became permanent residents
before 1973 has to be verified by contacting the Query Response Centre at National
Headquarters at: QRC@cic.gc.ca.

Once a BSO is satisfied that a person is a permanent resident, the examination should be
concluded and the person should be allowed to enter Canada without delay.
So my reading is that as long as CBSA can confirm you are a PR, you're fine. A PR Card will accomplish this, but there are other ways to satisfy them that you are a permanent resident.

Good luck!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
hatrang said:
Just recently many people said that we cannot travel with AIP, please look for more info this post again guys: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/inland-application-2011-t67267.0.html;msg1364420#msg1364420
There is no prohibition against travel. However, IF you are refused re-entry into the country, you cannot satisfy the requirements of the inland application and it will be abandoned. In general, a BSO shouldn't refuse you re-entry if you are on an inland sponsored application. They have the ABILITY to do so, but they should have some reason to refuse entry (e.g., you're subject to a removal order, you have become criminally inadmissible, etc.)

So there is definitely risk in leaving while your application is in process, but it's not very likely you'd be refused re-entry into Canada.