Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
November 2, 2011
Interview........
September 26, 2012
Today, I went to my mail box and found a letter from CIC. I though it's the Work Permit (I've talked to one of the CIC agent before, and they said I will receive next week in following week).

……………

I opened the letter and it said "You have scheduled to appear for an interview and to receive your Confirmation of Permanent Resident Document at our office on: September 26, 2012. I wasn't sure if the letter is true, so I go online and check my ECas.

Sponsorship Application Status: Decision Made
Sponsorship:
We received your application to sponsor XXXXX on November 2, 2011.
We started processing your application on January 18, 2012.
We sent you a letter on September 6, 2012 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Permanent Residence Application Status: In Process
Permanent Residence:
We received XXXXX's application for permanent residence on November 2, 2011.
We started processing XXXXX's application on September 6, 2012.

I have few question:

After this interview, they gonna give us PR card (means landing), right?

I guess after interview, sponsorship application statue will change from "DM" to "Completed", correct? Will the PR Application Status also change from "In Process" to "Complete" too?

I believe, the work permit is useless, once we got the PR card.

I would like to thank you everyone here on this forum. All the info are very valuable. I really appreciate those who answered my question about my health care card and EI. :)

Ann81

Star Member
Sep 5, 2012
PanEva said:
Today, I went to my mail box and found a letter from CIC. I though it's the Work Permit (I've talked to one of the CIC agent before, and they said I will receive next week in following week).

I opened the letter and it said "You have scheduled to appear for an interview and to receive your Confirmation of Permanent Resident Document at our office on: September 26, 2012. I wasn't sure if the letter is true, so I go online and check my ECas.

Sponsorship:
We sent you a letter on September 6, 2012 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Permanent Residence:

I have few question:

I guess after interview, sponsorship application statue will change from "DM" to "Completed", correct? Will the PR Application Status also change from "In Process" to "Complete" too?

I would like to thank you everyone here on this forum. All the info are very valuable. I really appreciate those who answered my question about my health care card and EI. :)

Hey
Congratulations!!!!

So u mentioned u went to check about ur work permit & instead u received the letter, This means this should be ur
landing interview letter.. Lucky you! I must say
Do u mind sharing & letting all of us know whether did u receive ur 2nd stage approval email ?? or has it been mentioned on
ur ecas anything ?

Did u not receive ur work permit ??

Anyways Looks like all is goood!! so don't worry

Cheers

Ann

Preeya

Mar 30, 2010
For WHOMEVER RECEIVED AIP :

I just want to share my experience with you. I have received AIP By email.

1.) You cannot go and apply for healthcard at any service ontario. Most of the service ontario are private and they didn't know anything about our AIP. YOU SHOULD GO TO GOVERNMENT SERVICE ONTARIO. They only have all the service and private service ontario has limited service.

In Toronto, you can go to Sheppard & Yonge Street

2.) They will not accept email AIP. As it doesn't have signature. They said, we can apply only with ORIGINAL AIP from mail and it will have signature. And we are eligible for health card from 3 months of the AIP date

I HAVE RECEIVED MY AIP ON THE EMAIL ON SEPTEMBER 4, 2012 AND STILL WAITING FOR THE ORIGINAL DOCUMENT FROM MAIL :-(

Good Luck.
Preeya

PanEva

Jun 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
November 2, 2011
Interview........
September 26, 2012
That's why I'm kind of worry... The letter didn't mention any about 2nd stage. That's all I got from my ECas (posted previously). The letter only said interview date and bring your travelling document and 2 piece of photos for PR (not passport). So, does it mean we will receive PR on the same day after interview?

Anyways, we will find this out in two weeks.

kochanie

Oct 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PanEva said:
That's why I'm kind of worry... The letter didn't mention any about 2nd stage. That's all I got from my ECas (posted previously). The letter only said interview date and bring your travelling document and 2 piece of photos for PR (not passport). So, does it mean we will receive PR on the same day after interview?

Congratulations!! That's a good news:) Would you mind of I ask what (or where) office are you landing?

PanEva

Jun 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
November 2, 2011
Interview........
September 26, 2012
kochanie said:
Congratulations!! That's a good news:) Would you mind of I ask what (or where) office are you landing?
So landing is the same as interview?

The interview office is in Vancouver. According to the letter, it's also PR card centre. ::)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
PanEva said:
This is a landing interview. They will confirm that nothing has changed and that everything is in order. Then you will receive an executed COPR, and they will order your PR card.

Congratulations!

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
PanEva said:

Congratulations! I believe it is landing interview. The photo is for ur pr! They didnt say about the passport word itself coz it is the travel document they were asking from u to bring!

Ann81

Star Member
Sep 5, 2012
Preeya said:
For WHOMEVER RECEIVED AIP :

I just want to share my experience with you. I have received AIP By email.

1.) You cannot go and apply for healthcard at any service ontario. Most of the service ontario are private and they didn't know anything about our AIP. YOU SHOULD GO TO GOVERNMENT SERVICE ONTARIO. They only have all the service and private service ontario has limited service.

In Toronto, you can go to Sheppard & Yonge Street

2.) They will not accept email AIP. As it doesn't have signature. They said, we can apply only with ORIGINAL AIP from mail and it will have signature. And we are eligible for health card from 3 months of the AIP date

Hey Preeya,

No u do not need the AIP from mail ! The email copy works, if they don't agree call OHIP review committee Kingston branch & ask someone there , then
go to service Ontario tell them & u should be eligible to apply now!!
Call center of service On will tell u that no email copy will work, but that works trust me!

If u can come to Mississauga branch - Service Ontario address is 1115 dundas street, west dale mall, they accept the email COPY!!!

Hope ths info helps u!
PS: note that it takes 3 months to get ur health card dated from when u received ur email of AIP that date { ur right about that }
Cheers

Ann

I HAVE RECEIVED MY AIP ON THE EMAIL ON SEPTEMBER 4, 2012 AND STILL WAITING FOR THE ORIGINAL DOCUMENT FROM MAIL :-(

Good Luck.
Preeya

Ann81

Star Member
Sep 5, 2012
PanEva said:

Hey
If its mentioned bring in 2 photos for PR ... then U have got it!!! Congratulations!!!! I'm just surprised how can one not get an email approval
for 2nd stage , but anyways ur landing interview is within 2 weeks.. Congratulations!!

Did u receive 1st stage AIP VIA MAIL OR JUST BY EMAIL

Enjoy!
Cheers

Ann

Azsereth

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
Montreal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
20-06-2011
PanEva said:

Sponsorship:

Permanent Residence:

I have few question:

Congratulations! Your Confirmation of Permanent Residence will be your ultimate proof of your permanent residency status (that you'll have to keep forever), so when you receive that, you will have landed. After landing, it takes a couple months to receive your PR card (not sure the timeline exactly, but my interviewer at my landing interview said it'd take a while). I think the PR card is mostly used for getting back into Canada when you travel.

I didn't check to see if my eCAS says complete, but now I'm curious if it will have changed. Congratulations again!

lyn28

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2011
AOR Received.
04-02-2012
Med's Request
31-08-2012
Med's Done....
31-08-2012/Oct 13, 2012 on ecas
Interview........
06-12-2012
LANDED..........
06-12-2012
darcycook said:
one other question guys

while we wait for the first part to be processed, for the province of alberta is there a way for my wife to get health coverage?

she wont have a SIN or anything like that.. i assume we will have to pay for any presubscriptions, etc until the PR Part 1 gets approved?
i think you can put your wife as your dependent, and then she can use your card... I believe that's what my friend did (wife under visit), she never paid for check ups and giving birth...

PanEva

Jun 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
November 2, 2011
Interview........
September 26, 2012
This is how it go through:

I received AIP letter on Sep 10 by mail(I didn't check my mail box the week before). Then, I checked ECas, it was still "In Process" in Sponsorship Application & PR Application. So, I through it will be at least another 2 months for 2nd stage approval. So, I didn't go check online status very often. Until yesterday, I got this interview letter in my mail box. So I checked my ECas again and found out DM in Sponsorship application. Interestingly, the date of DM sponsorship application is on the same date as the AIP in PR application. However, on the interview letter, it dates on Sep 12.

So, I guess it takes 1-2 days to update the AIP status and 5 business to update the DM status online.

Feel happy to come to this stage. I will share what I find out from the interview afterward. Good luck to the rest of applicants. ;)

kochanie

Oct 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So, we got the mail! Yay!

Landing Interview: September 17, 2012 ( Vancouver office)

The letter was dated September 11 and I'm guessing we got it the mailbox last Friday(or Thursday), but landlords did not checked the mailbox until today when we asked if we have mails.

This is it!! 2 more days!!

Congratulations to everyone and good luck.

Raabhim, I suggest you call CIC again. Hope you get yours too very soon!