October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
missha said:
For those waiting for 2nd stage approval.

I called CIC, they said, they are waiting for officier to make decision on my case as everything is in line and my police cert is also attached and wondering how long more it take.

PS: got AIP in march, 2012 with police request.
When they sent you Aip letter is the pcc request in same letter or separate? I was thinking which letter i have to wait coz they said they sent me 3 letter back august 22 i recieved 2 letter 1 aip for my spouse and 1 for me for pr eligibility. Im not expecting OWP as idid it online after I got Aip? Do you think it is request too? Thanks for you help!

Mingming

Star Member
Mar 2, 2012
Militarywife said:
Hey Mingming,

Any news yet? I was thinking that our files got into the same officer hand maybe.
Did u apply for spouse or common-law?
Also what type of proof did u send if u don't mind me asking.

Thanks

Hello Militarywife,

I haven't got any news yet, so bad :(

Yes, my husband sponsor me inside Canada. You too? I do think both you and mine's files are handling in the same officer! I sent everything in my original application included medical and police check.

Have you give CIC a call and see what happen with the file?

vincystress

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
etobicoke
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
september ,12,2011
Doc's Request.
june,16,2012
AOR Received.
october,11,2011
File Transfer...
jan.16,2012
Interview........
june,13,2012
Passport Req..
dec,13,2012
LANDED..........
jan,16,2013
missha said:
For those waiting for 2nd stage approval.

I called CIC, they said, they are waiting for officier to make decision on my case as everything is in line and my police cert is also attached and wondering how long more it take.

PS: got AIP in march, 2012 with police request.
they told me the same thing last week i got aip june 14

Militarywife

Jul 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 14th 2011
AOR Received.
Jan 30th 2012
Med's Done....
October 2011
LANDED..........
October 4th 2012
Mingming said:
Hello Militarywife,

I haven't got any news yet, so bad :(

Yes, my husband sponsor me inside Canada. You too? I do think both you and mine's files are handling in the same officer! I sent everything in my original application included medical and police check.

Have you give CIC a call and see what happen with the file?

Hey

I did inland (common-law) sent everything that was needed, along with proof of relationship for eg. Joint Bank statements, bills, letter from building manager, pics, emails etc. My case is pretty straight forward no dependants and I haven't lives out of Canada since 18.

I would like to hope that the officer went on vacation. Lol
I'm kinda getting a little frustrated now, seeing that December is so close, I would love to travel for christmas with my partner.

I'm tired of checking ecas and my mailbox. Lol

lyn28

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2011
AOR Received.
04-02-2012
Med's Request
31-08-2012
Med's Done....
31-08-2012/Oct 13, 2012 on ecas
Interview........
06-12-2012
LANDED..........
06-12-2012
after almost 1 day of trying to reach CIC, finally i have spoken to an agent regarding my AIP letter. The agent said they will not be sending a letter of my AIP in the mail since they sent me an email already. HMMMm? is this possible? it's contradicting to what was posted on my ECAS. have a great week end everybody!

andkiss

Feb 24, 2012
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2011
AOR Received.
16-12-2011
LANDED..........
21-08-2013
Hello everyone,

my imm. consultant told me a good news yesterday! :D
stage 1 has been approved and i am eligible for apply the OWP. :p
now cic is requesting my police cert back home.

however, my ecas not changed yet, still "in process"!

raabhim

Aug 16, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2011
Interview........
none AIP 23-07-2012
LANDED..........
01-10-2012
kochanie said:
Raabhim and Hatrang,

Any news (or letter) yet on your Landing interview date?
Hi Kochanie, nothing yet... Are u in Van as well? Keep me updated!

yangski

Nov 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
dec.09,2011 AIP/OPW:Sept.11,2012 DM:Sept.18,2012
hi guy's,

Im so happy today,I just called the cic got an AIP Sept.12 and open work permit as well..thank God.

application receive:dec.09,2011
AIP:Sept.12,2012

thank you guy's for all help...

kochanie

Oct 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
raabhim said:
Hi Kochanie, nothing yet... Are u in Van as well? Keep me updated!
Yeah, from Vancouver too. Will do. We'll keep each other posted. In the past (based on the posts here), Vancouver Office was pretty fast but I don't know now, probably got busier. Hope we get our landing interview letter soon:)

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
kochanie said:
Raabhim and Hatrang,

Any news (or letter) yet on your Landing interview date?
Nope, I didn't receive any new letter except the 3 I mentioned above. Let's wait until next week.

Since many people are asking about letters for AIP, OWP and DM, I'm sharing you guy this post from Thread 2010 before. Even though the process was updated a lot this year, I found the content was still valuable and pretty well-matched in my case.

And when you are approved for AIP, you will get 2 letters and the OWP mailed to you. Each thing is mailed in its own envelope but usually arrives only a day apart from each other. All three of mine just happened to be down there at the same time when I checked though.

The sponsor approval letter starts off like this:
"This refers to the Application to sponsor a member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class you submitted to this office on behalf of (insert name here). You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The Application for Permanent Residence will be processed separately and the applicant will hear from this office shortly." (Then goes on to discuss your obligations as a sponsor.)

The applicant approval letter for AIP starts off like this:
"This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. However, a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements."

Then if you included the OWP with your PR application then it continues to say this on the applicant letter:
"Your application for a WORK PERMIT has been approved and your new document(s) will be sent to you separately. You are authorized to remain in Canada under the conditions listed on the document(s). Please read them carefully." (Then goes on to say you can apply for a study permit if you don't have one already...etc.)

The letters are just a formality though and they only insert things that apply to your situation when needed. The format of the letters do also change from time to time but for now, these are the current ones. And as you can tell, they don't actually say you are approved they just say you have met the eligibility but of course that is the same thing as approved but in boring terms. Lol. Hope this helps.

From ECAS
THIS MEANS YOU HAVE ONLY AIP APPROVAL
e-Cas updates to say ONLY the following line: "A decision has been made and you will be contacted."
e-Cas application status still says: "In Process"
This means you still need to wait for second stage.

THIS MEANS YOU WERE APPROVED FOR BOTH AIP AND PR STAGES TOGETHER
e-Cas updates to say the following lines: "A decision has been made and you will be contacted."
"A letter was sent on (insert date) to (insert address)...etc."
e-Cas application status updated to say: "Decision Made"
This means your next step is to be contacted by your local office for a landing date to become a PR.
Have a nice weekend everyone!

nonoo

Jan 23, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06th Dec 2011
AOR Received.
28th Feb 2012
Med's Request
18th Sept 2012
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2012 Displayed on Ecas 17th Nov 2012
Interview........
DM 18th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
15th March 2013
yangski said:
hi guy's,

Im so happy today,I just called the cic got an AIP Sept.12 and open work permit as well..thank God.

application receive:dec.09,2011
AIP:Sept.12,2012

thank you guy's for all help...
Congrats, did u receive any email or any other notification as well? my ecas is still same and lawyer has no update either :(

raabhim

Aug 16, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2011
Interview........
none AIP 23-07-2012
LANDED..........
01-10-2012
kochanie said:
Yeah, from Vancouver too. Will do. We'll keep each other posted. In the past (based on the posts here), Vancouver Office was pretty fast but I don't know now, probably got busier. Hope we get our landing interview letter soon:)
Ya I know, when we received DM, I almost checked all the past Vancouver landing interview, all were pretty fast. We called CiC earlier this week and were told still nothing come up yet. Three months timeline for van..

But luckily my husband got msp card today.

darcycook

Jun 2, 2012
one other question guys

while we wait for the first part to be processed, for the province of alberta is there a way for my wife to get health coverage?

she wont have a SIN or anything like that.. i assume we will have to pay for any presubscriptions, etc until the PR Part 1 gets approved?

anticipation

Star Member
Apr 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14,2011
AOR Received.
March 1, 2012
File Transfer...
DM Received February 21
Med's Request
11-09-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012 received in Ottawa
LANDED..........
ON 24-04-2013. Yeah!
hatrang said:
Nope, I didn't receive any new letter except the 3 I mentioned above. Let's wait until next week.

Since many people are asking about letters for AIP, OWP and DM, I'm sharing you guy this post from Thread 2010 before. Even though the process was updated a lot this year, I found the content was still valuable and pretty well-matched in my case.

Have a nice weekend everyone!
Thanks Hatrang that information really helped! Congrats on the decision made! Terrific!!!
My AIP date is coming up soon, like next week. My stomach is in knots, or maybe it is butterflies.
Reading these posts helps a lot.

Anticipation.