AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
Yeah, I have to land in Scarborough for sure. I'm very eager to see anyone here in person if guys don't mind, we can be friends ;D PM me PM me, you're all welcome!

@peanutbrittle, thanks dear, I hope you'll hear something for your 2nd stage soon. ;)

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
hatrang said:
Yeah, I have to land in Scarborough for sure. I'm very eager to see anyone here in person if guys don't mind, we can be friends ;D PM me PM me, you're all welcome!

@ peanutbrittle, thanks dear, I hope you'll hear something for your 2nd stage soon. ;)
I know aint? Maybe you should try to open another topic regarding that one. Or maybe a small gathering! Hehehehe

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011: application received
Doc's Request.
07-21-2011: received AIP & PPR request
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
Hi all, I just wanna say thanks to everybody here. everyone is very helpful. this site is informative and makes a difference.

I received my AIP july, 21 with the same letter they asked for a photocopy of my travel document or passport. I got a travel document (since the passport would take 3 months) they received the copy of my travel document yesterday (Friday).. any idea of how long it would take for them to reopen the file and how long it may take for a second stage?

thanks,

peanutbrittle

Jan 25, 2012
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
31-10-2012
Med's Request
30-08-2012
hatrang said:

@ peanutbrittle, thanks dear, I hope you'll hear something for your 2nd stage soon. ;)
Thank you hatrang!! Keeping my fingers crossed that things will go smoothly once they get my new medical exam. :)

Wicket08

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
AOR Received.
07-11-2011
Med's Done....
April 2011
LANDED..........
08-11-2012
kitchener_inland said:
Hi all, I just wanna say thanks to everybody here. everyone is very helpful. this site is informative and makes a difference.

I received my AIP july, 21 with the same letter they asked for a photocopy of my travel document or passport. I got a travel document (since the passport would take 3 months) they received the copy of my travel document yesterday (Friday).. any idea of how long it would take for them to reopen the file and how long it may take for a second stage?

thanks,
Is there request for the passport in a separate letter or included in that letter that says they`re processing your permanent residence application already? How does it say there though? I'm so confused and anxious about things. I know for sure they should have asked me for the photocopy of my passport coz the old one is expiring in December. But I have a new one already. They didn't asked me for anything though which makes me wonder so much.

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
Wicket08 said:
Is there request for the passport in a separate letter or included in that letter that says they`re processing your permanent residence application already? How does it say there though? I'm so confused and anxious about things. I know for sure they should have asked me for the photocopy of my passport coz the old one is expiring in December. But I have a new one already. They didn't asked me for anything though which makes me wonder so much.
Hey Wicket,

the request was in the same letter in the AIP after it said you are eligible to apply for PR and stuff..... then it said "please submit a photocopy of your valid travel document or passport by xxx date"

but if yours is expiring in Dec and you got the aip in july i'm guessing your second stage should be done before December thats why they didn't ask you for a new passport photocopy so I wouldn't worry about it. if they don't ask don't send it because they say if you send stuff that they didn't ask for, it will slow the case down.

for me it was bad because originally when I applied my application my home country embassy wouldn't issue new passports because a "new version of passport" was coming and when cic asked me to get a photocopy i went to Ottawa to get it but unfortunately the embassy told me they have a huge backlog for the "new passports" and it could take up to 3 months. that's why I had to get the travel document from them that is only valid for 6 months, so i'm really hopping the second stage is done earlier than 6 months and hope the travel document is sufficient, i'm applying for a new passport but who knows how long it'll take :(.

if everything goes smooths you should hear something soon. which province are you in?

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
Hi guys! Im just wondering if there is any one here who are going to land in Hamilton?

Wicket08

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
AOR Received.
07-11-2011
Med's Done....
April 2011
LANDED..........
08-11-2012
kitchener_inland said:
Hey Wicket,

the request was in the same letter in the AIP after it said you are eligible to apply for PR and stuff..... then it said "please submit a photocopy of your valid travel document or passport by xxx date"

but if yours is expiring in Dec and you got the aip in july i'm guessing your second stage should be done before December thats why they didn't ask you for a new passport photocopy so I wouldn't worry about it. if they don't ask don't send it because they say if you send stuff that they didn't ask for, it will slow the case down.

for me it was bad because originally when I applied my application my home country embassy wouldn't issue new passports because a "new version of passport" was coming and when cic asked me to get a photocopy i went to Ottawa to get it but unfortunately the embassy told me they have a huge backlog for the "new passports" and it could take up to 3 months. that's why I had to get the travel document from them that is only valid for 6 months, so i'm really hopping the second stage is done earlier than 6 months and hope the travel document is sufficient, i'm applying for a new passport but who knows how long it'll take :(.

if everything goes smooths you should hear something soon. which province are you in?
thanks kitchener, I'm from Alberta. :)

QE2Guy01

Aug 27, 2012
Hello everyone,

This is my first post on this forum, although I have been a silent guest for almost one year. I applied to sponsor my spouse for permanent residence in October of 2011. Our application was recieved on October 12th and I received an email message from CPC Vegreville on 22 December advising us that processing of my sponsorship application had commenced. We had correctly filled in all of the forms for both portions of the applications, completed the medicals and paid all of the fees. We waited and watched as on the 22nd of August other applicants from the 7th through the 12th of October received good news by way of ecas and the post regarding AIP. Congratulations to you all!. However, our ecas did not change, nor was there any information available via the CIC automated telephone service. The following Tuesday August 28th a letter from CIC arrived at our previous address. We had advised CIC and CPC Vegreville of our move in December of 2011 and the correct information was updated on their system in January 2012, this being said we have no idea why the letter went out to our previous address. Thankfully the person who resides there is a family member and told us as soon as the letter was delivered. We received one of those letters which says that our file has been transfered to the local Calgary office for further processing and possibly an interview. I have rang the CIC call center 6 times on different days since we received this letter. I actually managed to get through and all of the service agents I spoke with were very polite and friendly. Each time I called I was given assurances that all was in good order and that there were no notes of a negative nature on my sponsorship application and my spouse's application for permanent residence. I was also told to wait another 2 or 3 weeks and a decision might be made. However I was not able to find out why our file was transfered, and, or what information they may, or may not require to complete the process. I cannot think of any logical reason why they should send our file to the Calgary office. From what I have read on this forum from others who found themselves in a similar situation I see that having one's file transfered to the local Calgary office is not a good thing and people find themselves waiting up to another 2 years to receive notification of an appointment for an interview or final decision. I am sorry but this is completely unacceptable. I myself am Canadian/British and my spouse gave up everything to come to Canada with me because I said we would enjoy a better life here. Instead we have had our lives put on hold for one year and we have been made to feel unwelcome and unwanted in Canada which happens to be my own country of birth where I was raised and educated!. I have had to sit by and watch as my spouse has become a depressed nervous wreck during this period of waiting. I am both disgusted and embarrassed by the fact that the government of Canada would mistreat people in this way by subjecting them what is basically a form of a long term open prison sentence and psychological torture. I would very much appreciate any insight and information from others on this forum thank you...

Our Timetable:
Application Sent: 10 October 2011
Application Received: 12 October 2011
Application in Process: 22 December 2011
Medical Results Received: 22 August 2012
AIP: WAITING
Decision Made: WAITING

peanutbrittle

Jan 25, 2012
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
31-10-2012
Med's Request
30-08-2012
Just a note to say my sponsor's e-Cas was updated last night, as well as mine. :) Waiting to apply for OWP until after my medical exam on Tuesday, since they ask for proof of medical exam on the OWP application online. I don't want to chance it and give them my old one! I hope everyone is having a great weekend! :D

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
peanutbrittle said:
Just a note to say my sponsor's e-Cas was updated last night, as well as mine. :) Waiting to apply for OWP until after my medical exam on Tuesday, since they ask for proof of medical exam on the OWP application online. I don't want to chance it and give them my old one! I hope everyone is having a great weekend! :D
Do they really ask it if you apply online, because i did and i dont remember they ask. Or maybe i apply with the wrong application, ohhhhh boy!!!!

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
QE2Guy01 said:
Hello everyone,

This is my first post on this forum, although I have been a silent guest for almost one year. I applied to sponsor my spouse for permanent residence in October of 2011. Our application was recieved on October 12th and I received an email message from CPC Vegreville on 22 December advising us that processing of my sponsorship application had commenced. We had correctly filled in all of the forms for both portions of the applications, completed the medicals and paid all of the fees. We waited and watched as on the 22nd of August other applicants from the 7th through the 12th of October received good news by way of ecas and the post regarding AIP. Congratulations to you all!. However, our ecas did not change, nor was there any information available via the CIC automated telephone service. The following Tuesday August 28th a letter from CIC arrived at our previous address. We had advised CIC and CPC Vegreville of our move in December of 2011 and the correct information was updated on their system in January 2012, this being said we have no idea why the letter went out to our previous address. Thankfully the person who resides there is a family member and told us as soon as the letter was delivered. We received one of those letters which says that our file has been transfered to the local Calgary office for further processing and possibly an interview. I have rang the CIC call center 6 times on different days since we received this letter. I actually managed to get through and all of the service agents I spoke with were very polite and friendly. Each time I called I was given assurances that all was in good order and that there were no notes of a negative nature on my sponsorship application and my spouse's application for permanent residence. I was also told to wait another 2 or 3 weeks and a decision might be made. However I was not able to find out why our file was transfered, and, or what information they may, or may not require to complete the process. I cannot think of any logical reason why they should send our file to the Calgary office. From what I have read on this forum from others who found themselves in a similar situation I see that having one's file transfered to the local Calgary office is not a good thing and people find themselves waiting up to another 2 years to receive notification of an appointment for an interview or final decision. I am sorry but this is completely unacceptable. I myself am Canadian/British and my spouse gave up everything to come to Canada with me because I said we would enjoy a better life here. Instead we have had our lives put on hold for one year and we have been made to feel unwelcome and unwanted in Canada which happens to be my own country of birth where I was raised and educated!. I have had to sit by and watch as my spouse has become a depressed nervous wreck during this period of waiting. I am both disgusted and embarrassed by the fact that the government of Canada would mistreat people in this way by subjecting them what is basically a form of a long term open prison sentence and psychological torture. I would very much appreciate any insight and information from others on this forum thank you...

Our Timetable:

Hi friend,

I can understand your frustration but I think you shouldn't jump to negativity too quick. many things to us might seem unreasonable or unacceptable and is not always they way we wanted to be. hopefully everything will go ok and should take way too long as long as everything is in order. even if they interview you before AIP.

trust me it could be much worst, I came to Canada in the year 2000 as a refugee!! I couldn't speak a word of English didn't know anyone, I learned the language as soon as I came to Canada I started working as soon as I could find a job, I worked and studied hard, thats what I believe in, and guess what? they didn't approve me as a refugee, while they approved many who were on welfare and had no desire in working hard or go to school from the same country where I came from. is it fair? no its not. maybe they had a better lawyer then I did who knows what goes on.
even though I have high scores in school I still was not allowed to attend full time collage and university which I would have done 8 years ago! this was very disappointing for me too. I just got the aip and says I can apply for study permit which is very nice. I haven't seen my parents for over 12 years!! since I can't go back with out a status and they can't get a visa to visit me. I have to go to CBSA to do a report every month until my PR application is done. and sometimes i get some officers who don't even answer my "hi how are yous" as if i'm a bad person or something. you have no idea the hardship and frustration I have been through! its sad but the fact is I have probably paid more taxes in Canada than many Canadian citizens have which I don't mind at all as long as i'm treated equally at least. but I still Love Canada and want to be a good Canadian citizen. I love my wife and all my friends here, I feel I belong here. me and my wife who is a Canadian met several years ago and we got married and I'm hoping our sponsorship doesn't take way too long too so that we could together go and visit my family that I haven't seen over 12 years and she can meet my family finally in person.

I have explained some of my life story so that you don't feel too frustrated and to let you know it could be much worst. I know it isn't easy but hopefully a bright light will appear at the end of the tunnel. I really hope everyone, all of us go through this as painless as possible but things are not always the way we want them to be. believe me my wife and I can't wait to finally start a normal life and family which I think we deserve like everyone else.

cheer up. god bless.

peanutbrittle

Jan 25, 2012
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
31-10-2012
Med's Request
30-08-2012
xxpazaway said:
Do they really ask it if you apply online, because i did and i dont remember they ask. Or maybe i apply with the wrong application, ohhhhh boy!!!!
On the OWP application I was filling out online, I checked my status as "visitor" and it asked if I have had a medical exam and to scan and attach proof of medical exam. I figure it's better to wait for my new exam. I have already waited so long, a couple more days to file OWP won't hurt me. :)

Good luck! I hope you filled out the right application!!

Azsereth

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
Montreal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
20-06-2011
QE2Guy01 said:
Hello everyone,

Our Timetable:
I'm sorry you're having such a rough time. The whole process does feel a little bit like psychological torture - not being able to work, drive, etc. like other people, and being unable to leave to be with family....not to mention how much strain it puts on relationships (I have no idea how my husband hasn't gone crazy). The people on this forum are great though, and for me they've been a source of hope, which I had been starting to lack.

The mailing address issue happened to us too - we changed our address a couple months ago online and it took about 2 months to update. But even after it updated, and after submitting a study permit application to Vegreville and receiving correspondence regarding that to our new address, all of the permanent residency application correspondence was going to our old address. We called the CIC and the agent sent an email to me with the link that provides an email address I should write so that they can verify that they have my correct address on file.

If you would like to email them, the email address can be found at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/help.asp and they should respond within a couple of days.

The information that you should include, in addition to the issue you need them to address, is:

1. Surname (last name)- Exactly as it appears on the passport or identity document

2. Given name(s) (first name)- Exactly as it appears on the passport or identity document

3. Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD)

4. Country of birth

5. Complete address (including the postal code). If the residential address is different from the mailing address, please provide both addresses.

6. Telephone number. If you have more than one contact number, please provide them all.

7. Client ID Number

8. Online application reference number

9. Type of application (work permit, study permit or visitor record)

10. Approximate date that the application was submitted

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
QE2Guy01, you may want to order FOSS NOTE cause I heard that people could dig inside the FOSS NOTE for reason why they file was transferred. Though I'm not sure about that, but in the waiting time, you don't lose anything to get it. One more thing to remember, usually, the main reason for an interview before AIP is about your genuine marriage or relationship, it's the best now that you guys sit down and start reviewing your application focusing on this part. All the questions will fall into this part. I remember once I posted the list of questions in this thread, you can search posts under my name.

For FOSS NOTE, one person also posted the short and concise instruction here before. I copy again here for you
Hi! This is the info for the FOSS note if interested.

If your the one being sponsored and in Canada it is free (no 5$ fee).

And fill out this form IMM5563E available on CIC website.

SECTION A
1. Select Privacy Act (not Access to Information Act)
2. Select language
3. E-mail or Paper are the best choice
4. Respond Yes

Section B
• First line: Fill out name and date of birth.
• Select Electronic File and then select Permanent residence under Immigration file
• Right to Permanent residence, write down your Client ID number, FileNumber and Location (CPC Vegreville).

Section C
Check the box 'This request is submitted by a Canadian citizen...'
Fill out your contact information
Signed and Date.

The form may be emailed to atip-aiprp @ cic.gc.ca

They will send a confirmation by e-mail for your request within the next few days. In 1 month you should received your info. Good luck!
You can also click on the link in my signature below for more posts I collected from 2010 applicants.

Finally, I wish you luck and hope you're going to get straight to DM, no need of an interview!