Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
dec.09,2011 AIP/OPW:Sept.11,2012 DM:Sept.18,2012
micanada said:
hi yangzi!!

the cost of having a baby in Alberta is 3500 plus 990 for the baby, so its almost 5k!!!! im in Calgary and i was in a reg work permit but before i stopped working i applied for mat leave, and govt paid me back for a year, if u dont have a valid health card u don't really have to pay them right a way but u have to talk to them and make an arrangement. once u get a visitors record renew your health card at the registry and take your spouse and common law with u and they will put your health card acct under your spouse acct. and u can clear your bills in the hospital but u have to do that within 90 days since u had baby.

hope this help and good luck!
hi micanada,

thanks guy's.Im hoping by the time I give birth I have the result from cic.Im due in march,my application will be 11 months this coming November,hoping to get the AIP by that time.I called cic last month and they told me I will know the result by Nov.I hope everythings fine..thanks again..

ria

Zion786

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
micanada said:
hi zion!

are u the sponsor or applicant? its nice to see ppl on this thread who have applied onsame time :) for sure we will keep iin touch! my local visa office is in calgary and im the applicant! good luck to us!!

hope we get our aip soon!!
hello micanada,

To answer your question, I am the applicant, my wife is sponsoring me. Judging by people's timeline on this thread we should see an update on our ecas by early Oct. Ill keep you posted.

good luck!

zion

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
irishred said:
I brought a copy of the receipt that I had to send to CIC showing that I had paid the application fees.
I can't remember if I took anything else, just my health card. I'm almost sure that is all they looked for.
You should have no problems.
Fair warning: health care and the details of eligibility vary by province.

For Alberta, according to their website (http://www.health.alberta.ca/AHCIP/registration-requirements.html) as long as they are married or common-law partners, she would be covered by AHCIP. But as I suggested to her in a separate thread, she should contact the AHCIP people to confirm this and determine the paperwork required by them to ensure her health coverage is maintained.

irishred

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2011
computergeek said:
Fair warning: health care and the details of eligibility vary by province.

For Alberta, according to their website (http://www.health.alberta.ca/AHCIP/registration-requirements.html) as long as they are married or common-law partners, she would be covered by AHCIP. But as I suggested to her in a separate thread, she should contact the AHCIP people to confirm this and determine the paperwork required by them to ensure her health coverage is maintained.
This is true but I think we have set her on the right track

Irishred

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011: application received
Doc's Request.
07-21-2011: received AIP & PPR request
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
computergeek said:
Can you get a travel document from the Iraqi Embassy? Not a passport, but something that would give an airline permission to allow you to board and go back home? If so, that document is sufficient for CIC according to the inland processing manual.

My point is that if you MUST go back to get the documents required for your passport, how do you even go back, since you don't have a passport? I don't know of any airline that would allow you to board unless they believed you were going to be admitted when you get to Iraq (since there's a penalty THEY must pay in that case.)
Hi, Computergeek
I have a question if you can help I would greatly appreciate it. as you remember when we spoke few days ago regarding me getting my supported documents from iraq for me to be able to get my valid passport here in iraqi embassy in ottawa to provide for cic.

I have been talking to my parents almost everyday since and they may be able get the requested documents, however what I have to mention here is that in Iraq or most Mideastern countries they use the fathers name then grandpas's name as last name.
here in Canada in all my documents I have My Name and My family name only. so the last name on my back home document will show my dad and grandpa's name as last name would that be a problem? because my passport from iraq embassy probably will have my dad and grandpa's name as last name instead of just our family name because thats how they have it in most middle Eastern countries.

thank you for any help.

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
kitchener_inland said:
Hi, Computergeek
I have a question if you can help I would greatly appreciate it. as you remember when we spoke few days ago regarding me getting my supported documents from iraq for me to be able to get my valid passport here in iraqi embassy in ottawa to provide for cic.

I have been talking to my parents almost everyday since and they may be able get the requested documents, however what I have to mention here is that in Iraq or most Mideastern countries they use the fathers name then grandpas's name as last name.
here in Canada in all my documents I have My Name and My family name only. so the last name on my back home document will show my dad and grandpa's name as last name would that be a problem? because my passport from iraq embassy probably will have my dad and grandpa's name as last name instead of just our family name because thats how they have it in most middle Eastern countries.

thank you for any help.
I am sorry, I cant answer your question but I am just making a point.
I am not from the middle east but we have similar naming system that take. we all have 3 parts in our full name. the first name, middle name and last name like jhon bruno desa. last name is desa and given name is jhon bruno. and this is how you should have reported on all your documetns here. You making seem like the name situation is iraq's issue but I think you are the one who caused this issue to yourself. Why didnt you use the same exact name that were given to you when you were in Iraq. If you have shortcut your name and remove part of the last name (that i called middle name) for Canada without doing it legally.

You should have kept you name as exact even on immigration application. I have the longest names on earth but I still kept all of it on all may documents like bank, drivers license, immigration

My Name and My family name only. so the last name on my back home document will show my dad and grandpa's name as last name would that be a problem? What happened??? WAS IT NOT THE SAME NAME THAT WERE GIVEN TO YOU AT BIRTH? OR IS THIS A NEW LAW

yangski

Nov 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
hi qw123,

I had a question regarding the form for changing the status from work permit to visitor.Is the imm 5710 is the right form to fill up and im confuse with question no.3 which is: Im applying for one or more of the following:(should i indicate Requesting to change status to visitor).And What is UCI means?

*Im the one who's work permit will expire on sept 07 and im 2 months pregnant.
*My application receive last Dec.09,2011

thank you so much again :D

ria

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
yangski said:
hi qw123,

I had a question regarding the form for changing the status from work permit to visitor.Is the imm 5710 is the right form to fill up and im confuse with question no.3 which is: Im applying for one or more of the following:(should i indicate Requesting to change status to visitor).And What is UCI means?

*Im the one who's work permit will expire on sept 07 and im 2 months pregnant.
*My application receive last Dec.09,2011

thank you so much again :D

ria
No, that's wrong. here is the correct link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visitor.asp

UCI is for office use and does not concern you. follow this link that i posted to change status.

yangski

Nov 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
qw123 said:
No, that's wrong. here is the correct link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visitor.asp

UCI is for office use and does not concern you. follow this link that i posted to change status.
qw123,

thanks a lot..I will let you know guy's what ever update with my application..Hope everything will be fine. :D

ria

weerth

Star Member
May 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2011
Med's Request
06-07-2012
Med's Done....
15-07-2012
LANDED..........
21-05-2013
qw123 said:
Files trsf before AIP is bad news meaning you will have to prove relationship.
However, if you received your AIP without going through any intervew then you are fine. no more interview until landing.

If you are asked to redo medical, the wait time can get 3-4 months before you hear back
Thank you very much qw123!

under_way

Star Member
Jul 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 22, 2011
AOR Received.
may 23
Med's Done....
done
Interview........
none
LANDED..........
sep 12 2012
z.yahya said:
***Update

Got my DM!!

Today I got a letter saying "we are pleased to inform you that the processing of your application is complete". File has now been sent to my local office (Calgary) which they said will contact me shortly.

My Ecas didn't change.

Time line

Application received :Aug 23 2011

Aip: July 11 2012.

DM: July 31 2012 (as per letter)
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

congrats thats good news!!!!hopefully i hear something soon...i'm july!!

AVS

Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 29, 2011
AOR Received.
November 11, 2011
File Transfer...
August 2, 2012
Hi All,

I just checked my ECAS and it says Decison Made on my Stage Two. It says I have to wait for the local office to contact me :D... I am so excited, just wanted to know how will I know which office I have to go to??

This is what says on my ECAS
We received your application for permanent residence on August 29, 2011.

We started processing your application on July 19, 2012.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

Thanks a lot everyone here for your help and support :)

under_way

Star Member
Jul 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 22, 2011
AOR Received.
may 23
Med's Done....
done
Interview........
none
LANDED..........
sep 12 2012
AVS said:
Hi All,

I just checked my ECAS and it says Decison Made on my Stage Two. It says I have to wait for the local office to contact me :D... I am so excited, just wanted to know how will I know which office I have to go to??

This is what says on my ECAS
We received your application for permanent residence on August 29, 2011.

We started processing your application on July 19, 2012.

Great news!! Congrats!! Which province are u located..if u don't mind???

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

Thanks a lot everyone here for your help and support :)

AVS

Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 29, 2011
AOR Received.
November 11, 2011
File Transfer...
August 2, 2012
Hi Underway,

Thanks a lot ... I am in Ontario :)

StoneTable

Star Member
Sep 28, 2011
Tilbury, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
LANDED..........
09-19-2013
Are July applicants finally getting second stage approval?!