+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Application 2011

sluma

Jul 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We landed today in the Calgary office. It was quick and easy(10min). The only strange thing is the immigration officer said my wife cannot apply for her SIN until we get the permanent residence card in the mail. Other then then that everything else she can apply for with the paper that we were given. Thanks to everyone who shared their information and gave help in the past year and I wish the rest of you the best of luck and may your day come sooner rather then later :)

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
Im so happy, Ive seen lots of good news today. Congrats to all who got DM and AIP and those who landed.. September applicants now is your turn! Cant wait till they start October applicants! Elhamdulillah!

Wicket08

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
AOR Received.
07-11-2011
Med's Done....
April 2011
LANDED..........
08-11-2012
Since I got my AIP i've been acting like crazy and checking my ECAS everyday! Lol! I can't relax! Lol!

I need a hobby or maybe another job now that I have an OWP just for me not to be so anxious!

I'm so happy for those who just landed! Congratulations to all of u!

CHEERS!

Wicket08

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
AOR Received.
07-11-2011
Med's Done....
April 2011
LANDED..........
08-11-2012
AVS said:
Hello All,

Does anyone know how long does it take to recieve the OWP in Toronto once CIC has mailed it?

My AIP was approved on 19th July which is last thursday but I still havent recieved anything in the mail.

Thanks in advance for your response:)
Hi! It should be coming really soon maybe tomorrow! I'm in Alberta and I experienced the delay on mail. I just got both letters for the AIP today. :)

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
sluma said:
We landed today in the Calgary office. It was quick and easy(10min). The only strange thing is the immigration officer said my wife cannot apply for her SIN until we get the permanent residence card in the mail. Other then then that everything else she can apply for with the paper that we were given. Thanks to everyone who shared their information and gave help in the past year and I wish the rest of you the best of luck and may your day come sooner rather then later :)

..........to apply for sin she has to wait for the card....the card is not the most important thing here but the landing papers...If I were you
I will go to service canada and apply for sin. it's not upto immigration officer to tell you what to do or not do with service canada related services. dont even listen..go to service canada and apply for your SIN. unless you havent told the whole story
is she a different status or what as this does not make any sense or the officer does not know what he is doing. the PR card is just best for traveling. The most important tool is the conf of permant resident that should be given to you at landing. why wait for card>>>>

Wicket08

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
AOR Received.
07-11-2011
Med's Done....
April 2011
LANDED..........
08-11-2012
I have a question though, if they ask u to redo medicals or submit some docs do they notify you through mail or call you at least?

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
Wicket08 said:
I have a question though, if they ask u to redo medicals or submit some docs do they notify you through mail or call you at least?
you only get notified in two ways.
either on the same letter as AIP or different letter that should come with AIP so if they did not ask on AIP letter or you havent received anything else with it or by the end of this week...then you are cleared and done with medical...no phone call rather. based on your timeline you are way in the safety zone. no medical for you for sure if background checks out fine.

sluma

Jul 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qw123 said:
..........to apply for sin she has to wait for the card....the card is not the most important thing here but the landing papers...If I were you
I will go to service canada and apply for sin. it's not upto immigration officer to tell you what to do or not do with service canada related services. dont even listen..go to service canada and apply for your SIN. unless you havent told the whole story
is she a different status or what as this does not make any sense or the officer does not know what he is doing. the PR card is just best for traveling. The most important tool is the conf of permant resident that should be given to you at landing. why wait for card>>>>
Nope that's pretty much how it happened :) , She was on a student permit and she is from a country that is not visa exempt(maybe that combo is the reason?). I can call CIC or go to the service Canada building and find out. I just it was odd.

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
kama3410 said:
when is the final payment do ? the remaining 450 for second stage? ;)
the question is not clear...however second state cost 550 and it's been paid already when you sent the application package with first stages.....total 550.

I think you are referring to the landing fee after second stage is complete which is 490 and not 450. the 490 is to be paid when your application is sent to local office and it's your local office that will ask about that upon landing. so now worry.

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
qw123 said:
I totally agree with QW123 !!!!

kama3410

Jun 7, 2012
qw123 said:
the question is not clear...however second state cost 550 and it's been paid already when you sent the application package with first stages.....total 550.

I think you are referring to the landing fee after second stage is complete which is 490 and not 450. the 490 is to be paid when your application is sent to local office and it's your local office that will ask about that upon landing. so now worry.
im sorry for not clear, information when we send a documents to cic we pay for only first stage now i get aip :) and they start processing me

AVS

Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 29, 2011
AOR Received.
November 11, 2011
File Transfer...
August 2, 2012
qw123 said:
you should get it anytime now by monday for sure if not today or tomorrow. it usually take 5 days
Heyy, Thanks a lot for your response you were correct I did recieve my work permit yesterday along with a letter for my husband stating he has been approved to sponsor me :)

AVS

Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 29, 2011
AOR Received.
November 11, 2011
File Transfer...
August 2, 2012
Wicket08 said:
Hi! It should be coming really soon maybe tomorrow! I'm in Alberta and I experienced the delay on mail. I just got both letters for the AIP today. :)
Hey.. I did recieve my work permit yesterdayy... Thanks a lot for your response.

Hope the second stage gets cleared soon as well :)

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011: application received
Doc's Request.
07-21-2011: received AIP & PPR request
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
Hi, Everyone
I've been reading hundreds of pages in this form before commenting. you guys all seem very helpful. I've been dealing with immigration for a long time and its a very frustrating process as we all know. I will cut to the chase and just clear up some info and I will greatly appreciate it if you guys have an incite in my case.

got married in 2006 with my wife who is Canadian citizen.

we applied for inland spouse sponsorship, Received by 29th, AUG, 2011

I got the AIP letter on July, 21st 2012.

along with the AIP the CIC are asking me to send a copy of a Valid passport! however I contacted the embassy (iraqi embassy in Ottawa ) regarding issuing a new valid passport but they told me they need couple of the iraqi identities and documents (which I don't have because I came to Canada as a refugee with out them) so I contact my Mom back in iraq for those Identities and the next day my mom called me and said the offices over there in iraq are asking the only way they can provide my updated identifications is that if i'm there myself. in another word they said they can't provide it because i'm not there. so please if anyone has any advise it would help. I don't know what to do. my time line to send the copy of a valid passport to CIC is little over a month. me and my wife have been through so much to file those application and I don't want it to get closed for something like that.

thank you in advance for any help and advice.