Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
PanEva said:
Just to give an idea for those who are waiting like me:

Currently my ecas is "We received your application for permanent residence on November 2, 2011."

I've sent additional documents in Feb. 2012. As of today, nothing else has been updated since then.

So I guess I have to wait til end of Sep or beginning of Oct to get my 1 stage approval.

I have a question if anyone try to apply for care card before stage 1? I'm from BC and my wife (applicant) doesn't have care card. I called MSP in BC last month, they said I can only apply for BC care card after first stage approval (which is different answer when I called MCP beginning of 2012).

Currently, my wife is pregnant. I wonder should I call cic about this.

Anyone here also from BC knows about MSP?
Some BC residents on this forum say yes you can...If your wife is a temp resident meaning she has a legal status of at least 1 year like student, worker, or visitor if at least 1 yr she is been in BC legally and is still legal NOT IMPLIED status. If she is not legal then AIP is your only option left.

Why do people call...you need something go down there in person...call agents dont know even their own names. please

when i needed healthcare in Quebec, everytime i called i got led dancing around...but once i decided to go there in person i wasnt asked nothing and everything was well done.

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
[quote author=qw123]
when i needed healthcare in Quebec, everytime i called i got led dancing around...but once i decided to go there in person i wasnt asked nothing and everything was well done.
[/quote]
You went to your local RAMQ office ? Like for instance in Montreal we just have to look for our arrondissement office or is there a centralized office for that?

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
vinlander said:
You went to your local RAMQ office ? Like for instance in Montreal we just have to look for our arrondissement office or is there a centralized office for that?
For service canada like SIN you can go to local offices in your area if you'd like. but service canada dont do ramq.. there is only one place in Montreal for RAMQ u will have to go. Thiere is also only one in Quebec city
RAMQ
425, boulevard de Maisonneuve Ouest
3e étage, bureau 300
Montréal (Québec)
H3A 3G5

Azsereth

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
Montreal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
20-06-2011
qw123 said:
For service canada like SIN you can go to local offices in your area if you'd like. but service canada dont do ramq.. there is only one place in Montreal for RAMQ u will have to go. Thiere is also only one in Quebec city
RAMQ
425, boulevard de Maisonneuve Ouest
3e étage, bureau 300
Montréal (Québec)
H3A 3G5
If the RAMQ office is inconvenient, you have the option of calling them and receiving the application by mail. In our case, we called and an agent started a file on our behalf, and sent us the application by mail (I believe the application date was the day that we called, and not the day we turned it in). The application took about 10 days to arrive by mail. The agent gave us a list of supporting documents to bring to an CLSC along with the application (a photo, CSQ, copy of AIP letter, copy of passport, copy of our lease, immigration document, and a couple forms of ID, and maybe something else that I've forgotten).

Edit: When I posted this, I mistakenly said SAAQ instead of CLSC, my bad!

chufamily

Jul 3, 2012
qw123 said:
Some BC residents on this forum say yes you can...If your wife is a temp resident meaning she has a legal status of at least 1 year like student, worker, or visitor if at least 1 yr she is been in BC legally and is still legal NOT IMPLIED status. If she is not legal then AIP is your only option left.

Why do people call...you need something go down there in person...call agents dont know even their own names. please

You can get MSP (CareCard) prior to Stage 1 approval. We did it without any issue.

Please refer to: immigratetocanada .blogspot .ca/2007/06/bc-msp-coverage.html

If you get denial from HIBC, you can always write to your MLA to escalate this matter. The Medicare Protection Act has specific clauses that allows your sponsored spouse to have MSP status as long as an application is in progress.

Aiman

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2011
Med's Done....
29-09-2011
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
27-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sooooon
LANDED..........
Sooooon
qw123 said:
May 25th is correct but know that this date is few weeks behind so they should be working on opening additional documents dated early June. as my additional document was opened by CIC june 18 and got AIP a week later...it took them about 40 cal days to open my additional document. Good luck. I am sure you will have your AIP within the next week or so...keep checking ecase and forget about call agents

you sent urs on june 1 and now we are jul 13 so thats 44 days and your are right on time...ecas should reveal something early next week

Thanks for the info. I actually checked my Ecas today and it says " We received the requested information on July 3, 2012. Thank you for providing the information." so what's next tho ? Cuz they only asked for my passport but I was approved for my first stage and when I called yesterday they told me that they have recieved the $490 landing fees which I paid online !

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
Aiman said:
Thanks for the info. I actually checked my Ecas today and it says " We received the requested information on July 3, 2012. Thank you for providing the information." so what's next tho ? Cuz they only asked for my passport but I was approved for my first stage and when I called yesterday they told me that they have recieved the $490 landing fees which I paid online !
this is good. so that means you will get final DM sometimes next week. and soon after that you should received the DM letter to tell you to wait for your local office to contact you for landing date/interview.

marbles

Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

Called CIC call centre to inquire about processing time in Vancouver. They informed me that the file was sent to Vancouver for further assessment because they could not make a decision in Vegreville which is obviously bad news. The processing time for Vancouver is 32-40 months. Has anyone ever been in a situation like this? This seems absolutely ridiculous the period of waiting. Should I inquire for the FOSS file?

Tks

PanEva

Jun 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
November 2, 2011
Interview........
September 26, 2012
qw123 said:

I used to live in Montreal, and I moved to BC two years ago. I wish health card is a simple as in Quebec.

My wife has a working holiday VISA before, but it's expired already. I've sent in open working permit application with the spouse sponsorship application together (cic agent told to do so). On ECas, it's only say Application is received. I suppose both applications are received. So my wife is IMPLIED status. In order to apply for health care, i guess she need to wait til stage 1 approval or ECas update to "Application in process".

PanEva

Jun 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
November 2, 2011
Interview........
September 26, 2012
chufamily said:
You can get MSP (CareCard) prior to Stage 1 approval. We did it without any issue.

Please refer to: immigratetocanada .blogspot .ca/2007/06/bc-msp-coverage.html

If you get denial from HIBC, you can always write to your MLA to escalate this matter. The Medicare Protection Act has specific clauses that allows your sponsored spouse to have MSP status as long as an application is in progress.
chufamily, when you got your MSP care card in BC before stage 1, is your wife in implied status? and your Ecas is "Application in process" already?

TheProfessorsWife

Star Member
Jul 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 4, 2011
AOR Received.
August 15, 2012
Med's Done....
June 8,2011
chufamily said:
That makes total sense. The sponsor should call and see if he can get a client ID so you can see the first stage progress. Your specific application is to get PR in Canada, and without first stage approval, of course it is in "received" status.

Since they received your PR application, this may imply the first stage sponsor approval application is in progress.
Thanks for the reply chufamily,
We called the CIC this morning at which point they informed us that they are working on (guess...) April Applications and that when they begin to process our application they'll send us a letter with my husband's (my sponsor's) client ID, then we can check ECAS.
However, we all know they are processing applications waaay after April!! I guess they haven't gotten to October yet?!

I messaged micanada who informed me their application was originally sent in August then additional info was needed which was received November and then they got word back in Feb.
So perhaps the others which are on the spreadsheet as having their application's received in October or November are actually the dates their additional info (signatures, docs, payment and etc.) were received? Which would be 3 months after their original date of the application received. Which would mean mine is on schedule for August or September AIP...? Does that make sense?

xxpazaway said:
Hi! Did you include email add in your application as well as your sponsor? If so, check the junk mail sometime it goes there. If its not there then ask your sponsor to call the cic because they will ask personal question to verify the identity For sure they will give it to him. I Saw some post from the past that they never heard anything from the cic till the last month of approval so dont be worry. Just stay calm! I hope everything is ok! Trust the only one above!
Thank you for your reply xxpazaway,

Yes, we did include both of our e-mail addresses in the application. Last week I told my husband to check his spam box (which he actually didn't do until today :mad:!!!) and noticed it is set to auto delete all spam messages every 30 days :eek: :eek: :eek: Sooo he very well could have received an e-mail which is now lost... However, (as I stated above and you confirmed with your previous message) they'll probably contact us via mail in August or September as August will be 11 months from when the Application was received so at that point we should be at LEAST in process if not getting the first stage of approval and my Open Work Permit. Does this sound right?

xxpazaway, I see on the spreadsheet your application was received October 11 and began being processed December 28 in Hamilton, Ontario. Did you receive a letter/e-mail from the CIC with the applicant & sponsors client Ids etc, stating your application is now in process... if any at all? Or did you find out through ECAS? It looks like Ontario is processing faster than Vegreville good for you :D!!

Thank you both again for your timely replies! I look forward to hearing your and others' thoughts on these new developments.

Best of luck to all!!!
TPW

TheProfessorsWife

Star Member
Jul 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 4, 2011
AOR Received.
August 15, 2012
Med's Done....
June 8,2011
marbles said:
Hi all,

Called CIC call centre to inquire about processing time in Vancouver. They informed me that the file was sent to Vancouver for further assessment because they could not make a decision in Vegreville which is obviously bad news. The processing time for Vancouver is 32-40 months. Has anyone ever been in a situation like this? This seems absolutely ridiculous the period of waiting. Should I inquire for the FOSS file?

Tks
Hi Marbles,

So sorry to hear about your situation. I don't have any information from you but I wanted to ask you what a FOSS file is? From what I understand if we send an inland application then you cannot have an appeal like outlanders have the privilege of being able to file for, is this something similar for inland applicants?

Thanks, I hope everything works out for you in a more quickly than 32-40 months!!
TPW

Markm

Jun 1, 2012
PanEva said:
I used to live in Montreal, and I moved to BC two years ago. I wish health card is a simple as in Quebec.

My wife has a working holiday VISA before, but it's expired already. I've sent in open working permit application with the spouse sponsorship application together (cic agent told to do so). On ECas, it's only say Application is received. I suppose both applications are received. So my wife is IMPLIED status. In order to apply for health care, i guess she need to wait til stage 1 approval or ECas update to "Application in process".
I would call MSP and explain your situation. My wife has a multiple entrance VISA, meaning every time she entered the country she was given implied status for 6 months. We applied successfully for MSP, after she had only been 'in canada' for about 8 months. During that 8 months, she had left the country twice for vacations, and MSP was still issued without a problem.

chufamily

Jul 3, 2012
PanEva said:
chufamily, when you got your MSP care card in BC before stage 1, is your wife in implied status? and your Ecas is "Application in process" already?
Yes. HIBC asked us to provide proof to show implied status and application in progress. Just printed out the email from CIC and screen capture from CIC eCAS website.

Just remembered: our stage one application status went from "received" to "decision made" directly. When we applied for MSP coverage, it was in "received" status.

chu2010

Apr 11, 2012
We called MSP whether I could apply for care card since I got AIP on March 2012. MSP said I may entitle to have coverage since my husband is Canadian citizenship.
I've submited the application on late May and approved on early July, I have just received the BC care card. Now I got 3months MSP coverage.
I've to call MSP about the application of PR in order to extend the coverage.

Today, I'm so happy that I've receved the letter from CIC, saying that I will be arranged the interview on 25th July and to received the confirmation of PR document.