30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
please share your views

For all people who got their PR card recently since June is it the regular one (5 yrs) or conditional one (2 yrs)???

Is conditional residency only for outland applicants?
Is it for Applicants who are now sending in applications for processing?

AVS

Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 29, 2011
AOR Received.
November 11, 2011
File Transfer...
August 2, 2012
chu2010 said:
I have checked the ecas and i got an updated

We sent you a letter on July 9, 2012 to xxxx about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

I'm so happy right now and can't wait to receive the letter!!

Hi johanna, would you please help to update the chart as well?
Hi Chu,

Congrats on your decision made, can you please tell me when did CIC receive your application?

Thanks

AVS

Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 29, 2011
AOR Received.
November 11, 2011
File Transfer...
August 2, 2012
Hi All,

I just got off the phone with CIC :(, My application was received on 29th August and the lady at CIC told me that it takes 12 months for the initial approval, I am all confused because the website says 11 months.

Does any one have any update on this.

Thanks

ericc

Sep 21, 2011
torontoinlander said:
Is there any late-July or August applicants who got the second stage approval after getting AIP?

It seems like Immigration Canada stopped working on the second stage of the applications....

The chart shows that the second stage historically takes about a few days after AIP but there have been a lot of people who are waiting longer for the second stage approval...

I hope they are not slowing it down!!!!!

Please share your thoughts.
Hello, I got AIP and Work permit on April 19th, 2012. The cic asked me to submit additional documents such as a copy of my passport, criminal record (from Rwanda & USA) and Medical. On June 07th, 2012, CIC got a copy of my Passport
and my criminal records; I did Medical on June 08th, 2012. I am currently waiting for the second stage approval.
- Does anyone know how long will take to get the second stage approved?
- I am living in BC; am I qualify for BC Health card?
- I would like to write TOEFL IBT test. does anyone know if I am eligible to do so!!

Thanks.

tes

Jul 5, 2012
I have a question maybe someone might be able to assist me. My spouce filed our inland application in Vegerville last year, when i look at my inforo on ecas it says a decision was made a letter was mailed out. Also I spoke with one of the agents, and they said that a letter was mailed and on the letter an interview will be held at Etobicoke that is the local office near my location. I haven`t recieved the letter as yet, I guess it will sate what documents they will need . At that interview if approved do I have to attend another interview to obtain the pr card? or all the inforomation they needed will be at that interview and they will mail the card. Also can you still be denied even though you have been AIP and have an OWP. Please I need some guidance. Thanks

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
tes said:
I have a question maybe someone might be able to assist me. My spouce filed our inland application in Vegerville last year, when i look at my inforo on ecas it says a decision was made a letter was mailed out. Also I spoke with one of the agents, and they said that a letter was mailed and on the letter an interview will be held at Etobicoke that is the local office near my location. I haven`t recieved the letter as yet, I guess it will sate what documents they will need . At that interview if approved do I have to attend another interview to obtain the pr card? or all the inforomation they needed will be at that interview and they will mail the card. Also can you still be denied even though you have been AIP and have an OWP. Please I need some guidance. Thanks
We need more info like copy paste all messages under ecas. but This is what you need to know:

Interview before AIP is relationship clarification interview to make sure your relationship is genuine. you and your sponsor must be prepared to answer some tricky questions

Interview after AIP (or OWP) is Landing interview.

To know the type of interview wait for the letter or copy paste your ecas.

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
ericc said:
Hello, I got AIP and Work permit on April 19th, 2012. The cic asked me to submit additional documents such as a copy of my passport, criminal record (from Rwanda & USA) and Medical. On June 07th, 2012, CIC got a copy of my Passport
and my criminal records; I did Medical on June 08th, 2012. I am currently waiting for the second stage approval.
- I would like to write TOEFL IBT test. does anyone know if I am eligible to do so!!

Thanks.
you will hear back from cic around end of August. for health card, call local service canada office if you have a current status of at least 1 yr like student or visitor...call and ask service canada

for Toefl test...u dont need AIP or PR to do that so long u have a legal status like visitor or student just bring ID and Pay

chufamily

Jul 3, 2012
ericc said:

Thanks.
If you live in BC, you are eligible for CareCard once you become a "deemed resident." See www .health.gov.bc.ca/insurance/msp_register.html for more information. In short, yes you should have applied for it earlier.

Aiman

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2011
Med's Done....
29-09-2011
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
27-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sooooon
LANDED..........
Sooooon
Guys seriously this is so damn frustrating... I've sent a copy of my passport cuz CIC asked for it. It was back I June 1st I called them 2 weeks ago they told md they're opening may 25th I tried calling them the whole entire week.. Eve since Monday today I got a hold of them and they told e that they're opening " END OF APRIL " isn't that rediculous so I told her that I called a few weeks ago and they told me that it was end of May how come it's April now... Then she goes like " oh we'll then the agent u spoke to was wrong " so now I'm at a point of I don't who to believe, it takes about 4 months to see a damn piece of paper...

labhouise

Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 07 2011
Doc's Request.
24 04 2012
Passport Req..
AIP & OWP Oct 1 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan. 29th 2013
LANDED..........
Feb 14th 2013
Aiman said:
Guys seriously this is so damn frustrating... I've sent a copy of my passport cuz CIC asked for it. It was back I June 1st I called them 2 weeks ago they told md they're opening may 25th I tried calling them the whole entire week.. Eve since Monday today I got a hold of them and they told e that they're opening " END OF APRIL " isn't that rediculous so I told her that I called a few weeks ago and they told me that it was end of May how come it's April now... Then she goes like " oh we'll then the agent u spoke to was wrong " so now I'm at a point of I don't who to believe, it takes about 4 months to see a damn piece of paper...
I agree. I called last week and they told me they were opening additional information from the end of april.
I called on tuesday and they said the same thing.
Today I called and they said the beginning of april !!
Very frustrating !!

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
CPC/VEGREVILLE TRANSFERRED TO CIC-EDMONTON
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-10-2013 received by cic 31-10-2013
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
June 24,2014 To God be the glory! PR CARD received: August 22, 2014 (exactly 60 days after landing)! Son's PR card arrived August 27, 2014 (exactly 65 days after landing)
labhouise said:
I agree. I called last week and they told me they were opening additional information from the end of april.
I called on tuesday and they said the same thing.
Today I called and they said the beginning of april !!
Very frustrating !!

This is the reason why I stopped phoning these cic agents... they are giving different answers to just one question... And I think, most of them doesn't care at all, because they are not in our position... They don't understand the whole process either, they can easily say "Oh wait until October" and we can give you answers... like seriously?????

labhouise

Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 07 2011
Doc's Request.
24 04 2012
Passport Req..
AIP & OWP Oct 1 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan. 29th 2013
LANDED..........
Feb 14th 2013
charmainefrances said:
This is the reason why I stopped phoning these cic agents... they are giving different answers to just one question... And I think, most of them doesn't care at all, because they are not in our position... They don't understand the whole process either, they can easily say "Oh wait until October" and we can give you answers... like seriously?????
Exactly !!
I have decided, that's it , I'm not wasting my time calling anymore. It just gets me more annoyed !!

marbles

Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

Here is the information concerning my case within Canada (presently living in Canada)

Application received: August 4, 2011

Application processing started: Sept. 26, 2011

AIP: still in process as of today

Received a letter on June 21, 2012 saying your file has been transferred to Vancouver for further assessment. The Vancouver office will contact you for more information and/or and interview.

My question is: would anyone know why they are transferring my file almost 11 months after the application was received in Vegreville to another local office? Does this mean that there is any problem with the application?

This is really confusing because in December 2011 I received a call from Guatemala saying that they were requested by Vegreville to process my girls who live outside Canada and are not coming to Canada. They needed more information which I provided in early Jan 2012. Then 6 months later, I receive a letter from Vegreville telling me the file has been transferred???

Anyone have any idea what is doing on here??? Does anyone know how long before they contact us?

Tks

theinlander

Jun 17, 2012
StoneTable said:
I went and applied for OHIP today. There is a 3 month waiting period, beginning with the date of your stage 1 approval (AIP). I had my picture taken and they will mail my card to me, which will be good for 1 year. Once I have landed, I can go back in for one that will be good for 5 years.
Hey Stonetable,

I applied and the went back to the date I arrived to Quebec, and not to my AIP. I just forgot my CSQ at home, so I have to go back and give them that, but they didn't put me in the 3 months waiting period...

Markm

Jun 1, 2012
charmainefrances said:
The reason for this, is that call centre agents only have access to the same general information that we do via the CIC site. When I got my AIP a couple of weeks ago, I told an agent and she was totally shocked, because the information from the CIC site still said April 30th, and that's the only information they have. They can access your application, but unless an immigration officer has updated your file, the call centre agents can only really answer general questions.