Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 4, 2011
AOR Received.
August 15, 2012
Med's Done....
June 8,2011
Hello Everyone,

I am really confused and I hope someone here can help me gain a little clarity. I live in BC and I sent my application to Vegreville, it was received October 4, and I looked on the spread sheet and saw 6 names after mine whose applications are "in process."

My husband (sponsor) has not received an e-mail nor a letter stating his client ID and that the application was received - I've read here that Immigration sends a letter and/or e-mail that states they received the application and gives a client ID so you can track process on Ecas. We have not received anything.

So my questions are:

A. Should I call the CIC and ask about my husband's client ID so was can check the application for sponsorship status? (as I am the applicant my ecas wont show this part of the process, right?)
B. Are the people in process AFTER October 4th sponsors or applicants? and where did you send your application? (aka, vincystress, xxpazzaway, hatrang, peanut brittle, fwmellow, and micanada)
C. Should I be worried we haven't heard anything from the CIC yet....? Because I am.

When I open MY ecas all it says is application received October 4, 2011 (which is weird because I have a tracking # that says it was signed for on October 3rd). We sent everything in with our application, meds, photos, police certificates, everything. I am kind of freaking out wondering WHY we haven't heard a peep from Immigration Canada yet, especially since others whose application was received after ours, have gotten letters and e-mails and their applications are "in process" while mine is just "received."

???
I'm just getting so frustrated at the silence and the not knowing and the waiting waiting waiting...
I hope someone can shed some light on this.
Thank you in advance,
TPW

chufamily

Jul 3, 2012
TheProfessorsWife said:
Hello Everyone,
----
When I open MY ecas all it says is application received October 4, 2011 (which is weird because I have a tracking # that says it was signed for on October 3rd). We sent everything in with our application, meds, photos, police certificates, everything. I am kind of freaking out wondering WHY we haven't heard a peep from Immigration Canada yet, especially since others whose application was received after ours, have gotten letters and e-mails and their applications are "in process" while mine is just "received."

???
I'm just getting so frustrated at the silence and the not knowing and the waiting waiting waiting...
Thank you in advance,
TPW
That makes total sense. The sponsor should call and see if he can get a client ID so you can see the first stage progress. Your specific application is to get PR in Canada, and without first stage approval, of course it is in "received" status.

Since they received your PR application, this may imply the first stage sponsor approval application is in progress.

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
TheProfessorsWife said:
Hello Everyone,

I am really confused and I hope someone here can help me gain a little clarity. I live in BC and I sent my application to Vegreville, it was received October 4, and I looked on the spread sheet and saw 6 names after mine whose applications are "in process."

My husband (sponsor) has not received an e-mail nor a letter stating his client ID and that the application was received - I've read here that Immigration sends a letter and/or e-mail that states they received the application and gives a client ID so you can track process on Ecas. We have not received anything.

So my questions are:

A. Should I call the CIC and ask about my husband's client ID so was can check the application for sponsorship status? (as I am the applicant my ecas wont show this part of the process, right?)
B. Are the people in process AFTER October 4th sponsors or applicants? and where did you send your application? (aka, vincystress, xxpazzaway, hatrang, peanut brittle, fwmellow, and micanada)
C. Should I be worried we haven't heard anything from the CIC yet....? Because I am.

???
Thank you in advance,
TPW
Hi! Did you include email add in your application as well as your sponsor? If so, check the junk mail sometime it goes there. If its not there then ask your sponsor to call the cic because they will ask personal question to verify the identity For sure they will give it to him. I Saw some post from the past that they never heard anything from the cic till the last month of approval so dont be worry. Just stay calm! I hope everything is ok! Trust the only one above!

chu2010

Apr 11, 2012
AVS said:
Hi Chu,

Congrats on your decision made, can you please tell me when did CIC receive your application?

Thanks
Hi AVS,

Thanks!!
Here is my timeline,

Application received: Apr 20 2011
Started processing application on May 9, 2011.
AIP Rec'd on Mar 10 2012
DM on 09 July 2012

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
marbles said:
Hello,

Here is the information concerning my case within Canada (presently living in Canada)

Application received: August 4, 2011

Application processing started: Sept. 26, 2011

AIP: still in process as of today

Received a letter on June 21, 2012 saying your file has been transferred to Vancouver for further assessment. The Vancouver office will contact you for more information and/or and interview.

My question is: would anyone know why they are transferring my file almost 11 months after the application was received in Vegreville to another local office? Does this mean that there is any problem with the application?

This is really confusing because in December 2011 I received a call from Guatemala saying that they were requested by Vegreville to process my girls who live outside Canada and are not coming to Canada. They needed more information which I provided in early Jan 2012. Then 6 months later, I receive a letter from Vegreville telling me the file has been transferred???

Anyone have any idea what is doing on here??? Does anyone know how long before they contact us?

Tks
Hi, I understand but you are really on a wrong foot here. your file got trsf because they dont believe still your relationship is genuine. so be prepared with your wife for tricky interview questions...ask each other all sort of questions to make sure you really are on the same page when it comes to knowing one another and one another interests. Good luck.

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
labhouise said:
I agree. I called last week and they told me they were opening additional information from the end of april.
I called on tuesday and they said the same thing.
Today I called and they said the beginning of april !!
Very frustrating !!
May 25th is correct but know that this date is few weeks behind so they should be working on opening additional documents dated early June. as my additional document was opened by CIC june 18 and got AIP a week later...it took them about 40 cal days to open my additional document. Good luck. I am sure you will have your AIP within the next week or so...keep checking ecase and forget about call agents

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
Aiman said:
Guys seriously this is so damn frustrating... I've sent a copy of my passport cuz CIC asked for it. It was back I June 1st I called them 2 weeks ago they told md they're opening may 25th I tried calling them the whole entire week.. Eve since Monday today I got a hold of them and they told e that they're opening " END OF APRIL " isn't that rediculous so I told her that I called a few weeks ago and they told me that it was end of May how come it's April now... Then she goes like " oh we'll then the agent u spoke to was wrong " so now I'm at a point of I don't who to believe, it takes about 4 months to see a damn piece of paper...
May 25th is correct but know that this date is few weeks behind so they should be working on opening additional documents dated early June. as my additional document was opened by CIC june 18 and got AIP a week later...it took them about 40 cal days to open my additional document. Good luck. I am sure you will have your AIP within the next week or so...keep checking ecase and forget about call agents

you sent urs on june 1 and now we are jul 13 so thats 44 days and your are right on time...ecas should reveal something early next week

StoneTable

Star Member
Sep 28, 2011
Tilbury, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
LANDED..........
09-19-2013
theinlander said:
Hey Stonetable,

I applied and the went back to the date I arrived to Quebec, and not to my AIP. I just forgot my CSQ at home, so I have to go back and give them that, but they didn't put me in the 3 months waiting period...
I think Ontario is the only province that makes you wait 3 months from AIP to get your health card. :(

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
theinlander said:
Hey Stonetable,

I applied and the went back to the date I arrived to Quebec, and not to my AIP. I just forgot my CSQ at home, so I have to go back and give them that, but they didn't put me in the 3 months waiting period...
THis is true if you have come to Quebec as a worker on working visa. If not, there you have to abide by the 3 months waiting.
You are in Quebec and so am I... you will be able to apply for RAMQ with AIP and CSQ but you will not be covered until 3 month of AIP date. If your AIP is dated July 10, you will only be covered for RAMQ on or after Oct 10. I seems like you did not understand each other or you were on working visa

Source: Quebec resident as You

Azsereth

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
Montreal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
20-06-2011
qw123 said:
THis is true if you have come to Quebec as a worker on working visa. If not, there you have to abide by the 3 months waiting.
You are in Quebec and so am I... you will be able to apply for RAMQ with AIP and CSQ but you will not be covered until 3 month of AIP date. If your AIP is dated July 10, you will only be covered for RAMQ on or after Oct 10. I seems like you did not understand each other or you were on working visa

Source: Quebec resident as You
Thanks for clarifying that...I was starting to wonder if it was a mistake that I am having to wait the 3 months.

waiting mode^__*

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21, 2011 AIP & WP.... March 19, 2012
Doc's Request.
PCC - March 19, 2012
Med's Request
March 19, 2012
Med's Done....
April 21, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
Hi everyone...

Yesterday, I've got mail from CIC Veg. saying that they are pleased to advise that the processing of my PR application sponsored by a spouse is completed. & that will just have to wait CIC edmonton to contact me for landing date, call centre agent say that i should received a letter not later than Aug. 20.

Here is my timeline...

April 2011, they received my application
May 2011, start processing
March 2012, AIP letter & asking me to do med. & send them police clearance from back home, OWP, letter saying Hubby eligibility to sponsor.
April 1, 2012, I sent my police cert.
April 21, 2012, done with Medical Exam
May 7, 2012 Ecas updated that they received the requested info.

July 9, 2012 my Ecas updated to DM with medical results received.

Almost 3 months after medical exam before I got my DM.

Hopefully, everyone that are waiting for second stage will get there DM soon:)

marbles

Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qw123 said:
Hi, I understand but you are really on a wrong foot here. your file got trsf because they dont believe still your relationship is genuine. so be prepared with your wife for tricky interview questions...ask each other all sort of questions to make sure you really are on the same page when it comes to knowing one another and one another interests. Good luck.
Hello qw123,

Thanks for your reply... I have no idea why they would doubt the relationship as we have been together 3 years and living together for 2. I sent in the proof as common-law/spouse partner for medical/dental insurances car insurance as I am the principal driver. Her whole family/friends has known me for 3 years already. We got married after 1 1/2 after we met. I don't get it!!!!

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
marbles said:
Hello qw123,

Thanks for your reply... I have no idea why they would doubt the relationship as we have been together 3 years and living together for 2. I sent in the proof as common-law/spouse partner for medical/dental insurances car insurance as I am the principal driver. Her whole family/friends has known me for 3 years already. We got married after 1 1/2 after we met. I don't get it!!!!
I understand but guess what lots of people tend to send to many stuff to prove their relationship is genuine like phone record and chats. How do you know you will get these in years to come for immigration if that relationship and sponsorship wasnt planned way ahead of time. I am not saying that this is your case. The point I am trying to make is by providing some extra proof can make thing suspicious as we really dont think we would need it in the future...whether phone number get changed, skype accounts get closed or you changed pc ....proofs need to be reasonable like wed pictures, mariage certificate, common bank accounts, lease/rent in both names. that's all.

marbles

Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qw123 said:
I understand but guess what lots of people tend to send to many stuff to prove their relationship is genuine like phone record and chats. How do you know you will get these in years to come for immigration if that relationship and sponsorship wasnt planned way ahead of time. I am not saying that this is your case. The point I am trying to make is by providing some extra proof can make thing suspicious as we really dont think we would need it in the future...whether phone number get changed, skype accounts get closed or you changed pc ....proofs need to be reasonable like wed pictures, mariage certificate, common bank accounts, lease/rent in both names. that's all.
Thanks qw123, I guess what I have to do now is wait for them to contact me. This waiting game is very nerve recking!!!

PanEva

Jun 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
November 2, 2011
Interview........
September 26, 2012
Just to give an idea for those who are waiting like me:

Currently my ecas is "We received your application for permanent residence on November 2, 2011."

I've sent additional documents in Feb. 2012. As of today, nothing else has been updated since then.

So I guess I have to wait til end of Sep or beginning of Oct to get my 1 stage approval.

I have a question if anyone try to apply for care card before stage 1? I'm from BC and my wife (applicant) doesn't have care card. I called MSP in BC last month, they said I can only apply for BC care card after first stage approval (which is different answer when I called MCP beginning of 2012).

Currently, my wife is pregnant. I wonder should I call cic about this.

Anyone here also from BC knows about MSP?