No interview
Passport Req..
27-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sooooon
LANDED..........
Sooooon
torcky said:
hi Aiman I just want to ask u did u apply for common law before ur refugee claim got refused? what happens when your case for refugee is refused and ur application for common law is being processed?
did they ask you to leave canada?sorry im asking too many questions im just in the same situation an my hearing is in 2 months and i need to know if applying now is the best choice just incase they refuse me as well thanks!
My wife sponsored me we were together before but we got married a month after I got denied from my hearing. I appealed to the federal court and submitted the sponsorship application at the same time when I submitted the appeal. In your case you haven't had your hearing yet so wether u already submitted the application or about to submit you still got time but the best thing to do is to submit the application before having your hearing cuz that will increase your chances if u win ur refugee case you can withdraw your sponsorship application and proceed with the sponsorship as a convention refugee. Good luck :)

micanada

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
nov 21 2011
Doc's Request.
feb 2012
AOR Received.
feb 7 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9 2015
Med's Request
Feb 2015(dependant)
Med's Done....
nov 2011/ march 2014
Interview........
Oct 21 2015
Passport Req..
July 22 2014(dependant)
VISA ISSUED...
Dependant??
LANDED..........
oct 21 2015
johanna125 said:
Hi. Please click link below for chart updates as of 11-July-2012.

Thank you to everyone for supplying information about their timelines. I may not be able to reply to your posts individually, but rest assured that you're all counted in. I'm glad to see lots of new people being added to our chart. I will try my best to update the inland chart once every 2 weeks to keep everyone posted on what dates are currently being processed by the visa office. Good luck to all of us.

johanna
thanks joanna for adding me on the chart!! :) and congrats to those who got their 1st and 2nd stage approval!!

torcky

Jul 10, 2012
Aiman said:
My wife sponsored me we were together before but we got married a month after I got denied from my hearing. I appealed to the federal court and submitted the sponsorship application at the same time when I submitted the appeal. In your case you haven't had your hearing yet so wether u already submitted the application or about to submit you still got time but the best thing to do is to submit the application before having your hearing cuz that will increase your chances if u win ur refugee case you can withdraw your sponsorship application and proceed with the sponsorship as a convention refugee. Good luck :)
thanks for the quick reply!! my last question is how long does an appeal take? I will take your advice and apply asap just as a back up again thanks alot :D

waiting mode^__*

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21, 2011 AIP & WP.... March 19, 2012
Doc's Request.
PCC - March 19, 2012
Med's Request
March 19, 2012
Med's Done....
April 21, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
My Ecas updated today to DM.

Here is my timeline...

We received XXXX application for permanent residence on April 21, 2011.

We started processing XXXX application on May 5, 2011.

A decision has been made and XXXX will be contacted. (AIP)

Medical results have been received. (Meds done April 21, 2012 )

We received the requested information from XXXX on May 7, 2012. ( I sent police cert from home country on April 1, 2012)

We sent xxxxx a letter on July 9, 2012 to xxxx about the decision on the application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

Hopefully this is it.... ^__*

dawie.south.africa

Jun 14, 2012
johanna125 said:
Hi. Please click link below for chart updates as of 11-July-2012.

Thank you to everyone for supplying information about their timelines. I may not be able to reply to your posts individually, but rest assured that you're all counted in. I'm glad to see lots of new people being added to our chart. I will try my best to update the inland chart once every 2 weeks to keep everyone posted on what dates are currently being processed by the visa office. Good luck to all of us.

johanna
You can add my timeline to the chart. Application received: 7 October 2011. Strarted processing 19 December 2011.
Thanks for your effort regarding the chart!

labhouise

Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 07 2011
Doc's Request.
24 04 2012
Passport Req..
AIP & OWP Oct 1 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan. 29th 2013
LANDED..........
Feb 14th 2013
Hi Johanna
Can you add my timeline to the chart please....
Application received July 5th 2011
Started Processing July 14th 2011
Requested fingerprints and more proof of relationship April 26th 2012
Sent that information May 10th 2012
Now waiting, waiting, waiting

labhouise

Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 07 2011
Doc's Request.
24 04 2012
Passport Req..
AIP & OWP Oct 1 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan. 29th 2013
LANDED..........
Feb 14th 2013
I just got off the phone with CIC. They told me they are opening additional information received on the 26th of april and I should wait another 3 weeks !! So frustrating. Its over a year now and not even AIP. Anyone else here in a similar situation ?

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
adelaf said:
Hi guys,

first congratulations to the successfull ones! Envy you :)
I was just wondering if there is somenone else who applied in December 2011 and is still waiting for PR? We got a letter in March 2012 saying that they received our app in Dec 13th. Does it mean its in process? No news/letters since then. It makes me a lil nervous but I guess its normal and I read here that they are working on Aug 2011 apps now.
And I am sorry for my stupid question but can someone tell me what AIP, DM means?

Thank you!

Btw. Very good website!
Hello, we applied in december 2011 and like you, we got a letter and and email (sponsor) from CIC telling our application was received.
As we are in Quebec we had news my sponsorship was approved and to continue with provincial MICC (Quebec is special) to get our CSQ which we got. But like you we got no news from them (CIC) since April. So CIC wise we are more or less in the same situation and probably our file is being shelved in queue and we should get news 11 months after dec 2011 which should be around end of October start of November for 1st stage and if lucky 2nd stage too...
AIP is also called first stage and is Approval in Principle (means the sponsorship is approved).
DM stands for Decision Made (by CIC).
We can consider our files being In Process right now even if they are not really showing in ECAS...I stop really relying on that information or even their website to know about the real processing date...

Aiman

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2011
Med's Done....
29-09-2011
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
27-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sooooon
LANDED..........
Sooooon
torcky said:
thanks for the quick reply!! my last question is how long does an appeal take? I will take your advice and apply asap just as a back up again thanks alot :D

For the appeal you'll get an answer between 3-8 weeks but take my advice and apply ASAP !
Before you get your court, this way you'll have two application at the same time if one fails you still got another chance.

Azsereth

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
Montreal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
20-06-2011
adelaf said:
Hi guys,

first congratulations to the successfull ones! Envy you :)
I was just wondering if there is somenone else who applied in December 2011 and is still waiting for PR? We got a letter in March 2012 saying that they received our app in Dec 13th. Does it mean its in process? No news/letters since then. It makes me a lil nervous but I guess its normal and I read here that they are working on Aug 2011 apps now.
And I am sorry for my stupid question but can someone tell me what AIP, DM means?

Thank you!

Btw. Very good website!
The inland sponsorship application is a two stage process. Stage one is when they assess the sponsor and the person being sponsored (and the relationship between the two). When this stage is approved, it's called approval in principle (AIP) or first stage approval. Having first stage approval gives you the ability to apply for an open work permit (OWP), study permit, and depending on the provincial requirements, you may also be able to apply for health insurance card. Because health insurance is provided by the provinces, they don't mention it in the AIP letter. Also, if the applicant intends to study in a university or CEGEP, AIP may make you eligible for resident tuition.

During stage two, they start reviewing your medical exam and background check, as well as processing your actual permanent residency application. DM probably stands for decision made, but I do not know whether that refers to stage one or stage two.

Also, if anyone has anything to add or correct, please feel free...this whole thing is a learning process :)

You should check out Johanna's spreadsheet with the actual processing time information of people participating in the forum...I can't post links, but she shared it again recently. You'll notice that the processing times are a bit different than the CIC web site's. I applied late July of 2011 and only received AIP a couple weeks ago, so don't be alarmed if you are waiting close to a year to receive a decision about yours.

Edit: I saw that I was too slow to respond, and someone else beat me to it...another person from Quebec too :)

AVS

Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 29, 2011
AOR Received.
November 11, 2011
File Transfer...
August 2, 2012
Hi All,

Does anyone know whats wrong with the CIC phone numbers?? I tried calling them a couple of times but the line gets disconnected saying that the call centre is busy to answer the calls?

Anyone else facing the same kind of problem

Thanks

Markm

Jun 1, 2012
AVS said:
Hi All,

Does anyone know whats wrong with the CIC phone numbers?? I tried calling them a couple of times but the line gets disconnected saying that the call centre is busy to answer the calls?

Thanks
That always happens - easiest way I've found to get a hold of them - call the number, as soon as the voice comes on, press 0 four times. Then they'll tell you that you've made several wrong entries, and that they are transferring you to an agent - press 0 again at this point to skip the message.

You will be put on hold, and one of two things will happen - the voice will come back saying the agents are all busy and they cannot transfer your call - in which case you hang up and try again - or they will tell you the approximate wait time until someone answers, which means usually waiting on hold for about 10 minutes.

Takes me on average 3-10 times to get put on hold for a real agent, but it works. Hope that helps!

Aiman

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2011
Med's Done....
29-09-2011
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
27-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sooooon
LANDED..........
Sooooon
AVS said:
Hi All,

Thanks
I've got the same problem I've been trying to call them since Monday :S

AVS

Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 29, 2011
AOR Received.
November 11, 2011
File Transfer...
August 2, 2012
I Know seems like they are too busy .. But thanks for the replies :)

My Husband even tried calling last friday and it was the same story.. no answer from the CIC

My husband is the one sponsoring and he is not able to access his ECAS so I am a little worried because my ECAS just shows the application received date

chu2010

Apr 11, 2012
I have checked the ecas and i got an updated

We sent you a letter on July 9, 2012 to xxxx about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

I'm so happy right now and can't wait to receive the letter!!

Hi johanna, would you please help to update the chart as well?