Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
canadianwife43 said:
im in ontario, and not sure what a CSQ is?, im just getting antsy and sooooo ready to work. i see they r very close to Sept. I know we r all in this together, im just looking for any encouragement. ;D
CSQ stands for Quebec Selection Certificate because we Quebecers like to be distinct :p kidding aside, in Quebec case the province also must give its approval; but anyway point is that you should not worry too much about the status of your ECAS.
In our case it was received in december and after 2 or 3 letters and our CSQ in May it still only say application received, as if it was not even in process which can't be...

ViviTaylor

Dec 10, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, guys, I submitted my application on July 20, 2011, and I got my AIP on the 6th of June, but I have been waiting for more than two weeks for DM. I even called call centre, but nothing is helpful.
Do you think is normal, because I saw so many cases with DM just a couples of days right after AIP?

I actually had my medical check on the 30th of May, 2011. According to the one year effective time, it's expired. Although CIC told me they will automatically extend the time for us, and they only ask some people to redo the medical check.

I don't think I have any mistake on my application, so I m worried why they don't give me a decision made.

Is there anyone please give me some advices?

Thank you!

theinlander

Jun 17, 2012
canadianwife43 said:
im in ontario, and not sure what a CSQ is?, im just getting antsy and sooooo ready to work. i see they r very close to Sept. I know we r all in this together, im just looking for any encouragement. ;D
Hi canadianwife43,

vinlander is completely right! So don't feel discourage! Quick question though, when you go to your ecas, and you click below: "Sponsorship Application Status," what do you see?

Have you called CIC? Because my ecas still says "in process," however, they made the decision three days ago.

Good luck Berber_amazigh!!!

cililoca

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 5 2011
ViviTaylor said:
Hi, guys, I submitted my application on July 20, 2011, and I got my AIP on the 6th of June, but I have been waiting for more than two weeks for DM. I even called call centre, but nothing is helpful.
Do you think is normal, because I saw so many cases with DM just a couples of days right after AIP?

I actually had my medical check on the 30th of May, 2011. According to the one year effective time, it's expired. Although CIC told me they will automatically extend the time for us, and they only ask some people to redo the medical check.

I don't think I have any mistake on my application, so I m worried why they don't give me a decision made.

Thank you!
it can take up to 8 months for them to give you your second stage... As far as I have observed, other people normally get them within 3 months in this forum... So you shouldn't worry, just wait...

Congratulations on your first stage :)

ViviTaylor

Dec 10, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cililoca said:
it can take up to 8 months for them to give you your second stage... As far as I have observed, other people normally get them within 3 months in this forum... So you shouldn't worry, just wait...

Congratulations on your first stage :)
Thank you very much!
I surely hope my case will be finished in 3 months as you said.
Although sometimes I think what takes them such a long time (8 months) to process our background?
I thought that's just one or two days work.

Anyway, I hope you have good news very soon.

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
Berber_amazigh said:
hey guys am landing tomorrow !!
Wish me luck Thank you!! :p
Good luck! And congrats!

mariela11

Nov 29, 2011
fhj1203 said:
^

during landing interview,they will ask you to sit in the seat number that they gave in the letter because your landing confirmation of permanent residence was there in the seat for you..then they will ask you to check every details,then they will check the picture one by one,watched some video regarding you as a permanent residence then the officer will ask you if you commit criminal offense here or outside Canada,then if dependants on list are correct or if you have other dependant that you didnt report there,thats it then you will sign it in front of the officer..

Actually nothing of that happened in my landing. Sorry for the delay of my answer, I've been very busy, I'm getting married in August! When we arrived we anounced ourselves so they crossed us out of a list. After that we went to a desk (like the bank) to pay the 490 dollars, 5 minutes after, a person called us by name, gave us a paper for us to check if all the info was correct and asked us if we had commited any crime. I signed and that's it! 10 minutes. After that my fiancee left to work and I stayed 10 minutes more to get my SIN. 20, 25 minutes in total. Etobicoke office

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
ViviTaylor said:

Thank you!
I'm from Quebec, and I got AIP and DM in the same day, go to your ECAS account, if you have Decision Made and AIP you should see Decision Made on both applications Sponsor and Applicant, I dont know how todescribe it but you can see it at a glance, the link is underline...

ViviTaylor

Dec 10, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadiancitizen said:
I'm from Quebec, and I got AIP and DM in the same day, go to your ECAS account, if you have Decision Made and AIP you should see Decision Made on both applications Sponsor and Applicant, I dont know how todescribe it but you can see it at a glance, the link is underline...
Thank you for your answers.

But my sponsor's account shows that sponsorship status is desision made while permanence resident status is still in process, so I don't think my second stage has been proved yet.

I was just wondering how come some people have got their AIP and DM at the same time but mine is not.

oh, well, guess I still have to wait other a few months. Too bad!

TCZQUEEN

Jun 1, 2012
Don't worry dear you are not the only one .....I also got my AIP and work permit on June 13th but still waiting for 2nd stage .!

On ECAS it says Medical received and we started the Processing on June 13.....lets see how it goes.

Will Call them tomorrow to see if any updates.

Good luck and keep us posted.

theinlander

Jun 17, 2012
ViviTaylor said:
Thank you for your answers.

But my sponsor's account shows that sponsorship status is desision made while permanence resident status is still in process, so I don't think my second stage has been proved yet.

I was just wondering how come some people have got their AIP and DM at the same time but mine is not.

oh, well, guess I still have to wait other a few months. Too bad!
Yea, call them and see what they say...

Ok... my ecas just changed:
We sent you a letter on June 18, 2012 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

I sent all my docs together, meds by July 15th, and the police certificate with the app. I think that my case is pretty straight forward, we've been married for 4 years now, I sponsored her in the US while I as completing a degree up there, so now she is sponsoring me back lol so...
Let's see how long they take with my Stage 2!

Michaelzheng

Mar 13, 2012
Anyone is going to land in CIC Montreal? Look like I have a problem:

May 28 I receiver a letter from them to request two photos and confirmation of PR
May 29 I send back

Three weeks so far, I haven't heard anything from this office, what should I do?

taiwancanada

Jul 8, 2011
I've been following the forum as a 2011 Inlander and appreciate the knowledge and updates from all the posters. I finally received an update from CIC.

We received your application for permanent residence on July 19, 2011.
We started processing your application on August 12, 2011.
A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

I received a letter dated June 12, 2012 telling me I met the eligibility requirements for PR (my sponsor was also approved). At the same time, I was asked to provide updated information concerning my work history, addresses, and organizations or associations I was a member of. Is that normal? I don't recall anyone else on the forum being asked for updates like that after getting AIP...

I have also been asked to provide an updated copy of my passport as the one I applied with expired during the processing of my application. The only trouble is, Taiwan will not issue me a new passport. This is because I must return to complete a year of military service before another passport will be issued. The call centre told me I should send a letter explaining my situation. I was able to find the following passage in the CIC "IP 8 Spouse or Common-law partner in Canada Class" operations manual:

"As a general rule, CIC should accept only validly issued and non-expired passports for the purposes of the grant of permanent residence in R72. This having been said, the use of a passport which has expired during the processing of an application may be appropriate to fulfill the R72 requirements when no identity issues remain."

Anyway, I'm hoping that someone on the forum might have some words of advice on this issue before I respond to CIC. Thanks guys...

ViviTaylor

Dec 10, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TCZQUEEN said:
Don't worry dear you are not the only one .....I also got my AIP and work permit on June 13th but still waiting for 2nd stage .!

On ECAS it says Medical received and we started the Processing on June 13.....lets see how it goes.

Will Call them tomorrow to see if any updates.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Thank you for your encouragement.
Hope we all have good news soon.

BTW, can you tell me what's ECAS, and how can I take a look at it?
I am not sure if they checked my medical or not because it doesn't show on my account.

Thank you!