+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Application 2011

Markm

Jun 1, 2012
lilizinha said:
•you are advised to stay in Canada while your application is being processed (If you leave Canada and cannot re-enter, the application will be abandoned)

Things to remember
•Leaving Canada can automatically cancel temporary resident status as a visitor, student or worker.

The person being sponsored has no guarantee that he or she will be permitted to return or re‑enter Canada if he or she leaves before permanent residence is approved. This is especially true if a Temporary Resident Visa is required to enter Canada.
These statements seem to contradict eachother, but such is the nature of CIC.

Also, when we applied for the multiple-entrance VISA after we applied for the sponsorship, and we even had to reference our inland application before they would approve this VISA. We clearly stated the reason for wanting the multiple-entrance VISA was so that she could visit Mexico while we wait for our application to be processed. She went for 3 months in October - December 2011, and we told the CBSA guard upon re-entry about our application and why she was in Mexico - no problem at all. Also, according to multiple CIC agents she has implied status. They all also told me that though theres always a risk of not being allowed re-entry, a mulitple-entrance VISA lowers this risk significantly. I can totally see the issue with people and SINGLE entrance VISAs, as they would have to re-apply for entrance every time they wanted to come back. However, this is not the case with a multiple-entrance VISA.

Now im curious to know if anyone one here whos providing me with advice has a multiple entrance VISA? Because otherwise, I think I may in a different situation than most.

cililoca

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 5 2011
The inland process is designed to people that will stay IN Canada, not outside. You have implied status when you apply for your immigration INLAND and even with multiple entry visa you can be denied if the official at the port of entry thinks that you do not have plans to leave Canada after your stay. What happens is sometimes even the immigration officers have mixed information about the process, knowing very little about what really is allowed and what is not and to be safe they deny whatever is in front of them if he can't find your case in his books.

The outland process is designed for people in your situation, that want to come and go with MULTIPLE entry visa! That's why you apply OUTland, because you are going to stay OUTside and possibly come in as a visitor. In your case you are on the board's official hand, because normally who has multiple entry visa has to provide proof that they want to leave Canada and do not want to stay long term, if a picky immigration official is in a bad day he can think you are trying to dupe the system as even though you have an application for immigration it's INSIDE and she should be at least living with you for the majority of the process if not the whole thing that's the meaning of INSIDE application that your spouse resides with you IN Canada, doesn't matter if you have bills and so on together, residence requires presence, and if she is not here it's not the right processing.

You have been lucky so far and I hope you continue to be so, but you are not in a different situation, you have just been misinformed and are risking your spouses immigration you keep asking the same questions and people have answered time and again, it seems you keep pushing to hear your case is somewhat different, you have to understand it's not, you just have gambled with chance! Sometimes you win, good, but sometimes you lose, hope it doesn't happen to you but if it does in the last minute you will regret big time. I suggest you read a bit more the CIC website and this forum as well, I'm sure you will find the answer for many of your questions.

Other than that I hope things work for you, but in your spouses place I would come back right away, specially because your first stage is close to an end and they can schedule the landing interview quite quickly.

vincystress

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
etobicoke
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
september ,12,2011
Doc's Request.
june,16,2012
AOR Received.
october,11,2011
File Transfer...
jan.16,2012
Interview........
june,13,2012
Passport Req..
dec,13,2012
LANDED..........
jan,16,2013
hi every one i have started the process and it has been hell for me :'( i send my app in it was receavied on jan 12 2012. on feb 1 it was send to etbicoke office in march i was sent a letter to go and do finger printing asap and i send them back in. in 21 of may cbsa came to my house to look for me i turned my self in to them and was asked to sgin in every month on on may 5th i was sent a letter to come in for an interview on the 13 of june 2012 am scared can any one who have had this happen tell me what i should do my interview is at ten and am a mess right now :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

johanna125

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vincystress said:
hi every one i have started the process and it has been hell for me :'( i send my app in it was receavied on jan 12 2012. on feb 1 it was send to etbicoke office in march i was sent a letter to go and do finger printing asap and i send them back in. in 21 of may cbsa came to my house to look for me i turned my self in to them and was asked to sgin in every month on on may 5th i was sent a letter to come in for an interview on the 13 of june 2012 am scared can any one who have had this happen tell me what i should do my interview is at ten and am a mess right now :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Hi. So sorry to hear about your story. Just curious. What is the nature of your violation? Why did CBSA visit you at home?

Cangaceiro

Star Member
Aug 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/2011
File Transfer...
09/12/2011
Interview........
11/06/2012
Hi guys, i went to the interview at Etobicoke Office yesterday, and I like to share with you guys, the interview was "OK", we stay together all the time, she asked couple questions, easy questions, and looked the documents i provided (joint bank accounts, Mortgage, Utility bills, extra photos), to make the long story short, my wife (the sponsor) she had a 2 years previous marriage, and divorced 5 months after she got the PR, because his ex-husband committed adultery, she caught him with another woman and she didnt accepted that! The officer asked direct to my wife's face! Do you married to get status in Canada? My wife said NOT! and she asked to my wife to explain why she divorced so fast! My wife explained to her all the issues of the adultery, everything!! she said ok, i dont have more questions, you guys can go and wait for the letter with my decision! I don't know what is gonna happen, the only thing I know is my file was transfered because of my wife's previous marriage! Have you guys know similar situation and what was the decision from them?!

Please excuse my English, I'm learning!
Thank you!

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
vincystress said:
What is your violation? Could u please give a brief explanation?

avigtr

Jan 11, 2012
Congrats ABozzy!! Dont worry the letter will be there soon :)
Anyone know an August applicant that received a notification on e-Cas?
ABozzy said:
Congrats to everyone getting such great news. Finally...I have an update.

My wife got a letter yesterday saying that she is eligible to sponsor me.

My e-Cas says: "A decision has been made and you will be contacted."

I was hoping that my letter would come today, but it didn't. :( Hopefully soon.

avigtr

Jan 11, 2012
WOW!
Really sorry to hear about their insensitivity.
Do you know how much time you need to wait for the decision?
Cangaceiro said:
Hi guys, i went to the interview at Etobicoke Office yesterday, and I like to share with you guys, the interview was "OK", we stay together all the time, she asked couple questions, easy questions, and looked the documents i provided (joint bank accounts, Mortgage, Utility bills, extra photos), to make the long story short, my wife (the sponsor) she had a 2 years previous marriage, and divorced 5 months after she got the PR, because his ex-husband committed adultery, she caught him with another woman and she didnt accepted that! The officer asked direct to my wife's face! Do you married to get status in Canada? My wife said NOT! and she asked to my wife to explain why she divorced so fast! My wife explained to her all the issues of the adultery, everything!! she said ok, i dont have more questions, you guys can go and wait for the letter with my decision! I don't know what is gonna happen, the only thing I know is my file was transfered because of my wife's previous marriage! Have you guys know similar situation and what was the decision from them?!

Please excuse my English, I'm learning!
Thank you!

Kidney Bean

Apr 24, 2012
Hi guys,

Does any of you know if I can apply for a job after the landing interview or I need to wait till I have the PR card in my hands?
Thanks again! :)

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
tzing said:
i think the requirement for applying for in-land sponsorship cases is that you have to be inside the country, otherwise everyone else will be doing what you are doing, apply then leave the country. however, i've never read on the government website or the forum here what they will do if you apply then leave Canada. but if your wife has a visa to come back to canada, i don't know if customs and CIC can see the PR application when she comes back. and if she doesn't have a visa to come back, then she can't go to the landing interview in Canada. even if she apply for a visa, they will ask her if she has applied for PR etc. A lot of the applicants on this forum dare not to leave Canada after they submit the application unless emergency. so I think you need someone with the exact same experience to share with you. hopefully there is one.
I dont think she should be out of Canada while applying for inland PR, if CIC founds out that she is out of the country, they have the right to stop the process, trust me on that, the law says that... be careful, you will loose your money and time. When the CIC officer check files, they have acces to all the system, specifically the in and out (airport entries)....

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
finebaby said:
Hello everyone
My husband and i just got our letters in the mail...confirming AIP, and asking me to apply 4 owp. please how do i go about my health card ? someone shld help out pls... what and what do i need? i know i have bn in this forum for long , giving advice and reading up but when it is happening to u, it just seem u are clueless about everything...(i guess its over excitement). please some one should send me d online link for open work permit....i cant go back on the forum looking for where its posted.
To all the people still waiting, Keep on keeping on! it will soon happen 4 all u.....
call cic 1888 242 2100 to get the application package link sent to your email. they changed the system so cant see what we filed before.

with AIP got to service canada in your area to get your provincial health card....bring AIP, proof of address or lease.

CanAusGal

Star Member
Feb 6, 2012
This whole process is frickin bull$%&t.

After getting decision made over 4 months ago and then being caught up in a bunch of 'computer glitches' and office closures I'm now apparently looking at another 9 month wait to land.

So beyond frustrated - they've made us lose $17K, it's been an huge strain on our relationship and now I'm ready to just pack it all in and move back to Australia. How can they expect us to 'love' our new country when they make us act like a circus dog just to be accepted?

Over it!

avigtr

Jan 11, 2012
OH no!! SO sad to read this!
The only thing that matters is you relationship! everything else is meaningless.
I like you spent a lot of my savings as I cant work and it doesn't make me feel good at all ,and I am always looking ahead and taking a deep breath knowing it will be over one day so I can completely understand you when your hope is being postponed.
What the @#$%#% is 'computer glitches' ? That is their formal answer to you? Why another 9 months?
CanAusGal said:

After getting decision made over 4 months ago and then being caught up in a bunch of 'computer glitches' and office closures I'm now apparently looking at another 9 month wait to land.

So beyond frustrated - they've made us lose $17K, it's been an huge strain on our relationship and now I'm ready to just pack it all in and move back to Australia. How can they expect us to 'love' our new country when they make us act like a circus dog just to be accepted?

Over it!

cililoca

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 5 2011
CanAusGal said:

Over it!
I agree with you 100%!! I'm not at all impressed with Canada, it's been really difficult to get to like if after all this circus we have been put through, we are seriously contemplating moving to Brazil, the only problem is my husbands Portuguese is not very good yet and it would be harder for him to find a job there than for me to find a job here. We are investing in more language classes for him and hopefully within a few years we will be able to move. He is really disappointed on his own country and we just want to get it over with.

Hopefully we will have some good news soon, its all very unfortunate that we have to wait for a year to get it done... Just across the border it takes 3 months for spouses to get their green card, and the US is much bigger than Canada, I'm sure they have at least double the applications to process!!!

lilizinha

Star Member
May 15, 2012
Everybody here is trying to help you if the information we have.
I think you come across a bit rude time to time, sounds like you really think your case is different.
Hope is not the case, because is everybody on the same boat here and does not matter level of education or how much money you have, we all on the cic hands.
Would be really great to hear from some one who is on the same situatios as you, but I think will be hard to find someone who did the same after read the CIC Guide and all the information you can get on CIC website.
Hope your case ends soon and well!

Markm said:
These statements seem to contradict eachother, but such is the nature of CIC.

Also, when we applied for the multiple-entrance VISA after we applied for the sponsorship, and we even had to reference our inland application before they would approve this VISA. We clearly stated the reason for wanting the multiple-entrance VISA was so that she could visit Mexico while we wait for our application to be processed. She went for 3 months in October - December 2011, and we told the CBSA guard upon re-entry about our application and why she was in Mexico - no problem at all. Also, according to multiple CIC agents she has implied status. They all also told me that though theres always a risk of not being allowed re-entry, a mulitple-entrance VISA lowers this risk significantly. I can totally see the issue with people and SINGLE entrance VISAs, as they would have to re-apply for entrance every time they wanted to come back. However, this is not the case with a multiple-entrance VISA.

Now im curious to know if anyone one here whos providing me with advice has a multiple entrance VISA? Because otherwise, I think I may in a different situation than most.