AOR Received.
June 8, 2011
Med's Request
May 8, 2012
Med's Done....
May 24, 2012
liza-laziza said:
Hi Missha!

Wow, we are in the same situation! And I also got my Health Card today!! Yes, I am waiting for the 2nd stage, they asked me to redo my medicals (very upsetting because I saw people here whose medical was expired even more than mine was, but they got AIP and DM together). It's such a long wait. Do you know your BFD? Mine will be at the end of June.
I'm also in Quebec and had to redo my medical... May I ask how long it's been since you redid the medical? I was just wondering how long they take, as we'd like to go on vacation, but I'm worried they might schedule the landing while we're gone... Thanks!!

mariela11

Nov 29, 2011
perk said:
We got both letters today everything is good. Now I can log on to the sponsor page. Second stage will
take a little while for us but we new this would happen.
Wow Congrats! so I'll probably get it today too... or tomorrow... I hope to "land" soon!

grippy

Feb 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1 June 2011
Doc's Request.
additional proof of relationship
LANDED..........
23 May 2012
grcan said:
I'm also in Quebec and had to redo my medical... May I ask how long it's been since you redid the medical? I was just wondering how long they take, as we'd like to go on vacation, but I'm worried they might schedule the landing while we're gone... Thanks!!
I live in Montreal. I got DM on Apr 18 and landed on May 23.

hope this help :)

Dorina

Apr 5, 2011
Montreal,Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/31/2011
Interview........
March 21, 2012
LANDED..........
March 21, 2012 :)
missha said:
Just an update from me.

I got my Health Card finally. Phew!!!

My police clearance has been sent by April end and waiting on to be attached with the documents. I wonder who else is waiting on 2nd stage approval other than me?
Me too. I got my RAMQ card in the mail. Did you hear anything new Missha?

Am_lina11

Star Member
Oct 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 6 2011
Doc's Request.
30 May 2012
Med's Done....
March 2011/ June 2012
I just got one envelope with my work permit in it. Nothing else. What do they actually say in the second letter? I hope my second letter will be in my mail box tomorrow, as I need to know what else they need to proceed with my application!

All the rest is just fine, applied for SIN and will apply for health card tomorrow. ;D

perk said:
We got both letters today everything is good. Now I can log on to the sponsor page. Second stage will
take a little while for us but we knew this would happen.

BestPlace

Dec 23, 2011
Am_lina11 said:
I just got one envelope with my work permit in it. Nothing else. What do they actually say in the second letter? I hope my second letter will be in my mail box tomorrow, as I need to know what else they need to proceed with my application!

All the rest is just fine, applied for SIN and will apply for health card tomorrow. ;D
May I know how we can apply SIN and Health Card? Where can we apply and what document need to bring along. After we landed izzit we need to change again for the SIN card and Health Card?

lilizinha

Star Member
May 15, 2012
HI everyone,
just let you know that if you live in Alberta ( i dont know about other provinces) and you get a visitors visa valid for at least 1 year you can apply for your health card.
I did it and just got my health card.
Hope that info helps

Am_lina11

Star Member
Oct 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 6 2011
Doc's Request.
30 May 2012
Med's Done....
March 2011/ June 2012
For Social Insurance Number (SIN) you need to find Service Canada office in your city/town and show up in person. You will need valid work permit and your passport. My SIN was expired so I brought my old SIN with me. You come up to reception they put you in the line and you wait. Then an agent will call your name, look at your work permit, passport, verify some info and that is it. You will get SIN in the mail after 10-14 business days.

Health card: I have never had one, so will just share what I know and will do tomorrow. I found an office downtown for Health Care Insurance Registration Service. I went there and a lady at the register gave me an application to fill in and asked my husband (who is Canadian and therefore will add me to his health care plan) to sign that application. What is more I will need to bring my passport and valid work permit. I filled in an application, my husband signed it so I will try my luck tomorrow, will let you know how it goes.

Hope that helps. And bear in my mind all provinces may have different requirement, I live in Calgary, Alberta.

BestPlace said:
May I know how we can apply SIN and Health Card? Where can we apply and what document need to bring along. After we landed izzit we need to change again for the SIN card and Health Card?

Am_lina11

Star Member
Oct 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 6 2011
Doc's Request.
30 May 2012
Med's Done....
March 2011/ June 2012
I don't know what happens after you land, as i only plan and pray to land as soon as possible, but I know your SIN will change from 9 and won't have an expiration date, what happens to health card I really don't know. Hope some members have a better answer for you.

If I may share, I didn't feel very confident today when I started a job search. Firstly, my last working experience ended in 2010 and now it is 2012. Who wants a person who didn't work for 2 years. I don't know where to look for a job and how to apply. I remember being confident that I find a job, and now I doubt it. Hope something good comes along....

BestPlace said:

ConfusedOne

Mar 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2011
Doc's Request.
29-02-2012
AOR Received.
27-04-2011
Med's Done....
27-03-2011
Interview........
Waived
missha said:
Just an update from me.

I got my Health Card finally. Phew!!!

My police clearance has been sent by April end and waiting on to be attached with the documents. I wonder who else is waiting on 2nd stage approval other than me?
Same here !! AIP received on February 29th, sent police certificates on March 22nd, nothing yet..

waiting mode^__*

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21, 2011 AIP & WP.... March 19, 2012
Doc's Request.
PCC - March 19, 2012
Med's Request
March 19, 2012
Med's Done....
April 21, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
lilizinha said:
HI everyone,
just let you know that if you live in Alberta ( i dont know about other provinces) and you get a visitors visa valid for at least 1 year you can apply for your health card.
I did it and just got my health card.
Hope that info helps
180 days i think.

lilizinha

Star Member
May 15, 2012
waiting mode^__* said:
180 days i think.
Sorry my mistake, you are right

■Committed to being physically present in Alberta for at least 183 days in a 12 month period (NOTE: Periods of temporary absence will be counted as being physically present in Alberta. If you are planning to be away for more than six months, contact our office.);

PanEva

Jun 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
November 2, 2011
Interview........
September 26, 2012
Anyone here got their BC health care card while waiting for first stage?

kalamkm

Jun 4, 2012
Hello Everyone

I'm applying for Canada PR under CEC.

I need your expert advice regarding police verification certificates.

I've got PCC from my home country. I was in Uruguay(on Business Visa) for 8 months.
I contacted Uruguay Embassy for police clearance certificate, but as per the rules they need "cedula identidad" to initiate police verification process.

"cedula identidad" is an Identity document, which is not issued for anyone on Business Visa.

I dont have "cedula identidad" document and not sure how I can proceed with my PR application.

Will it be any issue if I apply for PR without the police certificate from Uruguay.

Thanks
Kalamkm

sdillon

Jun 4, 2012
I am new here also. Our application was received Aug 26th, 2011. Still waiting for them to even look at it. Our visitiors visa has been extended til Jan 2014. We want to apply for a work visa so he has something to do while we wait for this never ending process to be done. Anyone apply for one before the sponsor was approved?