LANDED..........
02-05-2012
My timeline is as below:

They received my application on May 4, 2011
They started my application on May 16, 2011
Medical results have been received.
A decision has been made and letter has been sent on March 20, 2012
I received the letter on March 23, 2012

The letter says my application has been completed. CIC in Montreal will contact me for my permanent resident status. However, I have to pay for the Right of Permanent Residence fee, $490, when I'm scheduled to obtain my confirmation of permenent residence document.

Does anyone know:
1) How long I will/might get the letter from CIC in Montreal about my scheduled appointment?
2) Will they issue me PR card on the sight? Or, if not, how long it takes them to issue me the PR card?
3) When I am allowed to leave the country?
4) Am I allowed to leave the country without PR card after having the appointment with CIC in Montreal?

ryan_stw

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Berber_amazigh said:
Thanks Rayan but how do you know if you are granted a decision made ?
thanks again!
Call CIC after 3-4 days, or check your ecas main page, it will change to decision made, even if the details are still the same as before.

Berber_amazigh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ryan_stw said:
Call CIC after 3-4 days, or check your ecas main page, it will change to decision made, even if the details are still the same as before.
Thank you!
i will def call them after 5 days to check!
one more question my e-cas still says in Process, and my wife(the sponsor says DM) when do you think they will update my ecas?

lyrical

Star Member
Sep 13, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2011
Med's Done....
29-03-2011
LANDED..........
02-05-12
brookechung said:
My timeline is as below:

They received my application on May 4, 2011
They started my application on May 16, 2011
Medical results have been received.
A decision has been made and letter has been sent on March 20, 2012
I received the letter on March 23, 2012

The letter says my application has been completed. CIC in Montreal will contact me for my permanent resident status. However, I have to pay for the Right of Permanent Residence fee, $490, when I'm scheduled to obtain my confirmation of permenent residence document.

Does anyone know:
1) How long I will/might get the letter from CIC in Montreal about my scheduled appointment?
2) Will they issue me PR card on the sight? Or, if not, how long it takes them to issue me the PR card?
3) When I am allowed to leave the country?
4) Am I allowed to leave the country without PR card after having the appointment with CIC in Montreal?

Hey our timeline is so alike.
1) I ve got the letter from CIC Montreal Today dated on March 23 2012. They did not schedule a date for landing yet; however, they sent me a form to verify my information, send payment for Residency Right Fee or whatever, and to re-send two PR pictures. they say after they receive these documents, they will schedule the landing interview. so I sent them all the information today. I believe it took exactly 9 days for them to contact me. very fast in my opinion.

2) According to CIC . Your PR should take about 35 Business days after the landing interview.

3/4) I got the same questions, and what I found out its that if your using a commercial flight to come back they will request you the PR Card to get on board, or a travel document which is adquired at the country your visiting and takes about 3-5 days. The Confirmation of PR that they gave you on the landing day wont not valid for travel by air. But, some people have been able to come back by crossing the canada/us border with that document . I have personally decided to wait until I got my card so I can book my vacations.

If you are from a country who does not require visa, I dont think you have to wait for PR Card but im not sure on that.

Good luck :)

ryan_stw

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Berber_amazigh said:
Thank you!
i will def call them after 5 days to check!
one more question my e-cas still says in Process, and my wife(the sponsor says DM) when do you think they will update my ecas?
Probably tomorrow. Mine is not fully updated yet, front page says Decision made but details inside only reflect that of AIP

taoqi

Jan 19, 2012
Hello lyrical,

You can bring your DM letter , CSQ and passport to apply Health Insurance Card.

the fee: $10.31

the location:
425, boulevard De Maisonneuve Ouest
3rd floor, suite 300
Montréal (Québec) H3A 3G5

Metro Place-des-Arts exit rue De Bleury Nord
Metro Mcgill exit rue Union

office hours are as follows:

Monday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Wednesday from 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Thursday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Good luck :)

Berber_amazigh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
waitingitout said:
Berber_amazigh (May 18) and I (May 24) both got AIP today, Mingming :)
did cic updated you e-cas?mine still says in process!!did you get the letter and your OWP?

threa

Jul 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Doc's Request.
14-07-2011
Med's Done....
22-02-2011
Hello everybody? Does anyone know if I can still apply for temporary SIN coz I'm planning to work right away (I got AIP & OWP March 18, 2012 then got DM March 21 and is scheduled for the landing appointment on May 3, 2012)

CanAusGal

Star Member
Feb 6, 2012
You can just go into your local Service Canada and apply for a temp SIN with your OWP

http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/cgi-bin/sc-dsp.cgi?rc=4802&ln=eng

June2011

Feb 20, 2012
threa said:
Hello everybody? Does anyone know if I can still apply for temporary SIN coz I'm planning to work right away (I got AIP & OWP March 18, 2012 then got DM March 21 and is scheduled for the landing appointment on May 3, 2012)
I think you should wait for your landing interview on May 3rd and apply for the permanent SIN number at the same place, otherwise you will have to spend $150 for the temporary, and you will have to change it for the permanent one on May. Do you have a job offer right now?

CanAusGal

Star Member
Feb 6, 2012
June2011 said:
I think you should wait for your landing interview on May 3rd and apply for the permanent SIN number at the same place, otherwise you will have to spend $150 for the temporary, and you will have to change it for the permanent one on May. Do you have a job offer right now?
You don't have to pay for a temp SIN # (or a permanent one for that fact) It's free - http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/about/reports/sin/applying.shtml

It's $150 for an OWP, of which the OP already has

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
Congratulations to everybody who got AIP, DM, OWP, DM again and PR CARD :)

Travel Tips
Today, we just got confirmation from the Canada Consulate in a country that is not USA, that we can get Travel Documents to re-enter Canada without PR Card.. we need to provide the following:
Please be advised that permanent residents of Canada seeking to re-enter Canada require a Permanent Residence Travel Document (PRTD) to re-enter Canada if their permanent resident card is lost, stolen, expired or if they are in the process of obtaining a Permanent Residence card.
Applications for travel document must be submitted in person at the Visa Section of the Embassy of Canada.
To apply for a PRTD you must submit:
xx Document Checklist [IMM 5627] (PDF, 121 KB)
xx Application for a Travel Document (Permanent Resident Abroad) [IMM 5524] (PDF, 167 KB
xx Two Visa photos.
xx Updated passport.
xx Fee payment: $ 50.00 CAD.
(Attached to this email you will find the application package)
Please note, this office processes travel documents the same day, however this is average processing times only. Some applications take longer to process for various reasons. For example, the following factors could delay the processing of your application:
ü incomplete applications;
ü interview required;
ü verification of documents needed; or
ü Other factors that complicate your case.
Applications are dealt with in the order in which they are received.
For more information please check Web site below:
It is not necessary to book up an appointment to apply for a PRTD.
Please Hours of Operation below:
ü Monday to Thursday from 8:30 am a 5:00 pm.
ü Friday from 8:30 am a 2:00 pm.
We are closed for lunch from 12:00 m to 1:30 pm

SO... WE ARE GOING ON VACATION BEFORE GETTING OUR PR CARD. this travel document is not to re-enter Canada because we are in the system, but is for the Airline who needs to have valid travel document to let us enter Canada. hope this help you guys

liza-laziza

Star Member
Oct 23, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-11-2010
waitingitout said:
By the way, if they want extra documents (new medicals, etc), where do they usually tell you? In the AIP letter, on the website (ecas), or both?
Generally they ask you to redo exams in the AIP letter. They don't call and don't post anything on e-cas. This happened in my case. I checked that also with the 2010 thread - they said the same thing.