Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
23/12/10
Interview........
Waved
No lawyer here and sent the police report with the application.

CanAusGal

Star Member
Feb 6, 2012
threa said:
I got AIP on March 18,2012. Received the mail on the 22nd together with the OWP. And this morning my ecas status changed to Decision Made. Would I get a refund for the OWP?
Unfortunately not :( Especially as they have already issued it

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
Folks, it's good to know that it feels good to get OWP. However it's not for everyone. OWP can help you out if you already have a job with some type of permit that has expired or about to expire so you can keep working while PR being finalized.

However, why apply for OWP if you have no job or not working??? No need as the process really between AIP AND DM (LANDING PAPERS) wont take 1-2 months apart. so why waste your money on OWP... IF you've been patient enough to wait for AIP you should have been for Landing papers as well then be ready to step on the job market and work. UNLESS YOU REALLY REALLY REALLY AND BADLY NEED TO WORK

June2011

Feb 20, 2012
threa said:
I got AIP on March 18,2012. Received the mail on the 22nd together with the OWP. And this morning my ecas status changed to Decision Made. Would I get a refund for the OWP?
unfortunately not! And fortunately you got DM, just got celebrate with your family and congrats!

threa

Jul 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Doc's Request.
14-07-2011
Med's Done....
22-02-2011
June2011 said:
unfortunately not! And fortunately you got DM, just got celebrate with your family and congrats!
Got a letter today and I'm scheduled for landing interview on May 3, 2012, Calgary Office ;D Thank God they're working on my application soo fast.
Goodluck to those who's still waiting :)

ConfusedOne

Mar 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2011
Doc's Request.
29-02-2012
AOR Received.
27-04-2011
Med's Done....
27-03-2011
Interview........
Waived
Hi everyone,

I just checked my e-cas and in the sponsor one under sponsorship application says decision made; but in the permanent residence it says not available.. is this normal ?

ryan_stw

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SL1980 said:
How did the celebration go Ryan? As for me, I didn't call. Lets see, I thought I will wait for a week or so. They are working fast now eh...
It was good, but did not party too much because of the baby:) Hopefully you will get DM and landing real soon SL. As for me, i did not receive any papers in the mail yet

SL1980

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-April-2011
ryan_stw said:
It was good, but did not party too much because of the baby:) Hopefully you will get DM and landing real soon SL. As for me, i did not receive any papers in the mail yet
Hi,

How old is your baby? I got my AIP letter and the OWP today. Now I can check the status from my husband's ecas too. He got his client ID number.

SL1980

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-April-2011
ryan_stw said:
Has your ecas been updated to DM yet?

dentpratik

Mar 23, 2012
Hi i am 2012 inland applicant as well. I think i made a huge mistake by applying inland bcoz it take around 19 months to get PR as per website processing time. Let's get on to point. I was a dentist in India and I passed my exams for dentist in USA as its easy to get admission in US dental schools then Canadian dental schools. Now I can get interview call from US university at any time. SO, my question is: will they allow me to come back here in canada? I have valid study permit in Canada as well along with TRV.

Please guide me friends.

ryan_stw

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SL1980 said:
Has your ecas been updated to DM yet?
Our baby is 2 month old:) Yes my ecas changed to Decision Made on the main page, but the details remain the same. How about yours?

SL1980

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-April-2011
ryan_stw said:
Our baby is 2 month old:) Yes my ecas changed to Decision Made on the main page, but the details remain the same. How about yours?
Oh I remembered that your baby is 2 years. But I wasn't sure. Nothing changed on my ecas. Waiting.... :(

SL1980

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-April-2011
Sorry I meant 2 months..

SL1980

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-April-2011
ryan_stw said:

Hey guess what.... on the work permit they have mentioned in bold, block letters "this does not authorize re-entry"!!! But anyways now you wouldn't have any issue with traveling back in April eh?

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
Berber_amazigh said:
Hey guys! :(

my sister applied for a visitor visa but she got denied today.but my parents got the visa !
i was hoping if i can do something to re apply again for my sister to come here and meet my wife!!
Thanks for your help!
Usually if your country is less wealthy than Canada, it's hard for young people to get visitor visa, but easier for the senior (As my own experience).
So in this case, if your sister can prove that she returns to her country before the visa expiry, I think you can re-apply for her.
(Mostly if she can proves she owns big property like houses or huge amount of money in a bank, those would help!)

Jewels said:
No lawyer. I sent my police check (FBI) in with the application. It was just, or almost, expired by the time they stared working on my application though. They didn't seem to care. Based on my experience it's probably best to send everything, including the Right of PR fee, from the get go.

Does anyone know if I can get a job before I have the actual, physical, SIN and/or PR card? I have the paper from the Service Canada guy with my SIN and a COPR. Enough?
As far as I know, unless you have a valid work permit, or else you may need to wait until you get your PR card.

qw123 said:
Folks, it's good to know that it feels good to get OWP. However it's not for everyone. OWP can help you out if you already have a job with some type of permit that has expired or about to expire so you can keep working while PR being finalized.

However, why apply for OWP if you have no job or not working??? No need as the process really between AIP AND DM (LANDING PAPERS) wont take 1-2 months apart. so why waste your money on OWP... IF you've been patient enough to wait for AIP you should have been for Landing papers as well then be ready to step on the job market and work. UNLESS YOU REALLY REALLY REALLY AND BADLY NEED TO WORK
I think applying for OWP would help in at least 3 cases:
1. your status is valid as "implied" during the time you're waiting for PR processing (even though your regular work permit/visitor visa was expired). Or else, u have no status.
2. In the case as Jewels' above, (s)he really needs a work permit even though just a couple of weeks before the PR if (s)he gets a job offer right now.
3. Who knows if the 2nd phase will be fast or lengthy, a work permit allows u to search for job and do self support better at least in a couple of months.

dentpratik said:
Hi i am 2012 inland applicant as well. I think i made a huge mistake by applying inland bcoz it take around 19 months to get PR as per website processing time. Let's get on to point. I was a dentist in India and I passed my exams for dentist in USA as its easy to get admission in US dental schools then Canadian dental schools. Now I can get interview call from US university at any time. SO, my question is: will they allow me to come back here in canada? I have valid study permit in Canada as well along with TRV.

Please guide me friends.
They do state on your permit that the permit doesn't guarantee for re-entry. However, as my own experience on my work permit, I was ok to move back and forth between my country and Canada during the time as long as it was valid. I also know two other people was fine for re-entry with the work permit too. You may take your own risk but in my own opinion, it's pretty safe.

sarakhans said:
Hi people, just a poll.

How many of you guys hired a lawyer to process your inland application?

And did you send Police Certificate with/without the application?
I didn't hire anyone, just me to put everything together.
I did send police cert. with fingerprints for my original country.
I sent RCMP check for Canada too (this one actually was done automatically. I went to police office in Canada to take fingerprints service. The lady asked my original country and she made two copies, one was sent electronically to RCMP by her, one was given to me for my original country. RCMP check confirmation came to me by mail around a week after that day).