Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
qw123 said:
cool. hello the updaters qw123 app receipt date is not correct...should have been May 30
I just corrected that for you :D

andkiss

Feb 24, 2012
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2011
AOR Received.
16-12-2011
LANDED..........
21-08-2013
hi missha and antago,

my app received date is not correct too. it should be received on 16 Dec 2011 and i don't know the in process date yet.
please correct that for me ;)

blistex

Star Member
Feb 26, 2011
Edmonton, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
missha said:
alright awesome... :D

Alright guys, now antago and Me are going to do the chart. I have been realizing this thing over sometime that if one is not available for whatsoever reason. The other could do it. There has to be 2 people doing it.

Now hoping that the chart update will be more frequent :D
Thanks for adding me, all the info are correct. :)

cililoca

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 5 2011
I'm an Inlander applicant! How can I have access to the chart and have my information added to it? I sent my application in August 2011.

ericc

Sep 21, 2011
Hello buddies,
I need your advice on the following question:

I have been living in US for 10 months. Do you think US criminal record is need for permanent resident applicant( inland option)? If needed, how can I get it?

Thank you.

cililoca

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 5 2011
I'm pretty sure you will need your background check, I lived in England for more than 6 months and I had to get it... Maybe if you go to any police station... I think that in the manual they tell you where to get it. I had to send the request to a special department in London. Anyways, follow the guidelines in the manual and you will be fine.

perk

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 14,2011
AOR Received.
Aug 4,2011
Med's Request
Sept 2012
Med's Done....
Oct 2012
LANDED..........
12-3-2014
ericc said:
Hello buddies,

I have been living in US for 10 months. Do you think US criminal record is need for permanent resident applicant( inland option)? If needed, how can I get it?

Thank you.
Unless America has recently become part of Canada I think you will have to follow all of the rules.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
ericc said:
Hello buddies,

Thank you.
Yes, you will need to obtain a copy of your finger prints and submit it to FBI for verification. Read about it here: http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/background-checks

This is a 6+ week process. My last request took 6 weeks - I sent it (via FedEx) on December 30, 2011 and they received it January 4, 2012. I received the clearance letter back from them (via FedEx) on February 15, 2012. I had my prints done at a professional agency here in Vancouver (in the US they can live scan them and print them onto a fingerprint card, but outside the US they still use ink and card stock.) I paid by credit card (which gave me a way of monitoring my request.) My credit card was charged the week prior to returning my form. I used a courier because I'm impatient and do not trust the mail (in my experience it takes 4-30 days to get mail from the US to Canada.) The actual fee is US$18.

I've gone through this three times. I have a reminder on my calendar to submit a new one in December if I still have an application pending, because I'm not going to wait until the ASK me to update it (adding 3+ months onto the process.)

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
ericc said:
Hello buddies,

Thank you.
hello, i have lived in the states so this is what you will do: 2 records needed
-STATE WHERE YOU WERE living( i.e. Maryland or new york) RECORD CHECK (call that state local fingerprint agency and they will tell you to have you finger prints taken in canada on some form of paper and ship that out with pmt and other info) +
- FBI RECORD CHECK (again take finger print in canada on some type of form and ship it out to fbi address) http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/background-checks

POLICAP

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Hi All,

My ECAs changed since I am sponsoring my wife. But the website says citizenship unknown. I am a Canadian and in the application I included a copy of my Canadian Passport, Citizenship and SIN .

Although the application is in process.

Did anybody sponsoring wife noticed something like this?

ericc

Sep 21, 2011
Thank you all for your advice. I get some clue now.

@ qw123 and computergeek: thank you so so so so much for the information provided; but Can you let me know steps to get my fingerprint? Where do I get the application forms? On which basis do I go to canadian professional for my print?

Please, let me know Which one comes first, second, third and so on to get my prints.

Thank you once again.

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
ericc said:

@ qw123 and computergeek: thank you so so so so much for the information provided; but Can you let me know steps to get my fingerprint? Where do I get the application forms? On which basis do I go to canadian professional for my print?

Please, let me know Which one comes first, second, third and so on to get my prints.

Thank you once again.
hello ericc, you can't do this without communicating with your state fingerprinting agency for more info like how much, address where to send, what else info they may need. AND as for fbi the link that has provided to you have all the info you need to do the fbi.

what forms? ...it's a card (provided by the agency when u get there and they know how to) with spots to roll in fingers....you may need 2 of it..one for fbi and one for the state...well when you go to the fingerprint agency of you area in canada tell them u just need to take your pints on card and have it send (you take the card and send it out yourself) to the states and to fbi for processing so you can get your clearance with immig. and that's the same reason you will need to provide fbi and your state (in US) processing agency know that you requesting your record for canadian immig.

how do you get the agencies in canada or US. well get on google and search for:

i.e. canada: search "fingerprint agencies in toronto" to whatever city u are and just call to make appointment to take prints
i.e. United states: get on google and search "fingerprint agency in New york" or whatever state you were...call that agency and get more info if needed
lastly for FBI,,,everything is in the link the price, address, how to proceed and so on.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
ericc said:

Thank you once again.
While it does not hurt to have the state report, my understanding is that you do not NEED to obtain this unless CIC asks you for it (I submitted all my states and FBI on my first application, but only the FBI clearance on the second one.) Each state has its own rules - for some, I was able to obtain the report on the internet, for others I had to send in a fingerprint card. But I found this all via the internet and a bit of searching.

I used L1 Identity services (http://www.l1id.com/pages/550-enrollment-services) but there are certainly other reputable companies that provide fingerprinting services. I had my prints done twice here in Vancouver, once in the US. Here in Vancouver (L1) they used ink and had standard FBI fingerprint cards. In the US they used Livescan and printed an FBI fingerprint card for me.

taoqi

Jan 19, 2012
Hello All,

My ECAs :

We received your application for permanent residence on April 14, 2011.

We started processing your application on April 29, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We sent you a letter on March 10, 2012 to **** Montreal, Quebec, Canada, about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

Inlandme

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2011
Hi everyone, i wanted to let you all know that our landing was scheduled for today and we just got back from our landing office in etobicoke. The wait was for about an hour after which the agent simply asked us to provide ids photos and check that evrything on their system was correct. It took us probably less than 5 mins. We then applied for SIN card in the same office as well.

It was so straightforward...my husband had been stressing over the word "interview" in landing interview hehe. Got ALL his documents with him for proof of our relationship pics etc. didn't need any of that. Just to hear the words congrats you are now permanent resident of canada was simply out of this world. All this wait will pay off u guys. Just stay positive, its hard but once you get through it feels like such an accomplishment.

I wish you all the very best! I wasnt able to sleep last night because of all the landing anxiety so will get some rest nowwww. I would love to answer any questions you might have...this forum has helped me so much...i would be more than happy to share my experience if anyone wants more info.