Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2011
qw123 said:
Sorry, I thought you speak Djoula as you are my neighbor as per your flag. I am originally from Mali, but never mind. Take care.

The end of the rod is far away but will come as time goes by.
No, I'm from Ireland but thank you :) :)

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
akinmike said:
Hi All,
I was at on CIC website to check the status of our application . Here is what I saw. What deos this means? Any idea please?. This is almost one year of waitting. How can they say that, they started processing ypur application after one year of submission of application.

We received your application for permanent residence on March 9, 2011.

We started processing your application on April 6, 2011.

We started processing your application on February 21, 2012.

Thanks.
it's normal ... nothing to worry about as depending on what side you are viewing this so you should be hearing from them very soon. The former date is the date the applicant is supposed to see; the latter date is latter is the date that's seen from the sponsor's view. Take it easy as the race is at its end for you.

Lavenderyyt

Mar 29, 2011
hi all, we send our application on feb 24, 2011. We just received our first letter from the Imm office yesterday. However, I did not send an work permit application togehter with my PR application. The letter we recieved did not say I can apply for a work permit now. I am wondering if I am eligible to apply for a work permit now and how should I apply it? Is there anyone can help? Thanks

TU160

Star Member
Nov 30, 2011
Lavenderyyt said:
hi all, we send our application on feb 24, 2011. We just received our first letter from the Imm office yesterday. However, I did not send an work permit application togehter with my PR application. The letter we recieved did not say I can apply for a work permit now. I am wondering if I am eligible to apply for a work permit now and how should I apply it? Is there anyone can help? Thanks
Yes, you're eligible. It takes less 1 month.

Berber_amazigh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lavenderyyt said:
It is very easy as you already have your AIP.just download the form from CIC website, fill it out and send it and make sure you mention that you already have AIP.
Good luck!

karma123

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2011
Hello!!!

Misha:
I wonder if CIC has updated your e-Cas or not yet, because you're the next in the list. Also, I want to thank you for all the job you have been doing during all this time in the forum. Thanks Misha

Best wishes for all of us! :D

andkiss

Feb 24, 2012
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2011
AOR Received.
16-12-2011
LANDED..........
21-08-2013
Hi everyone! I am new to this forum. so happy to know this forum exist. i just found this yesterday!!
my app was sent on 12 Dec 2011 and was received on 16 Dec 2011. however, no news from cis until today.
i know it's just the beginning. i have to be patient ;) anyone's timeline same as me?

CanAusGal

Star Member
Feb 6, 2012
Lavenderyyt said:
What does your letter say? The first stage letter does tell you to apply for a work permit.

Were you perhaps approved for both stages at once?

hakri

Oct 15, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2011
AOR Received.
never :)
File Transfer...
08-09-2012
Med's Done....
22-12-2011
LANDED..........
24-09-2012 Vancouver
Lavenderyyt said:
If you had study or work permit before, you can apply online, if not, you have to fill the normal work permit application documentation and send the asked document. (There is a question in the application for PR applicants about first stage approved or not. (that`s why the permit open)

hakri

Oct 15, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2011
AOR Received.
never :)
File Transfer...
08-09-2012
Med's Done....
22-12-2011
LANDED..........
24-09-2012 Vancouver
TU160 said:
Yes, you're eligible. It takes less 1 month.
It takes 16 days if you apply online.

blackmoon2908

Feb 24, 2012
Hi everyone,
I was around for quite long but just reading everyone post mainly since i don't have any important thing to share.
However, today I decide to log in and share something that may help other people.I don't think you need to waste money to redo your medical and apply for work permit because CIC seems to process the paperwork faster now.
My medical was done in Aug 2010 so it supposed to expire in Aug 2011 and I was approved yesterday for second phase without redo it.
Now I send my application in March 8, 2011. They received in March 10, 2011. They said the start processing it in April 11, 2011. I called on Valentine day Feb 14, 2012 and one lady told me to call back in 7 weeks because they won't be doing my file until then. However on Saturday Feb 18, I got updated on e-case (funny date right I thought they updated on Tuesday only) that fdecision was made. So Monday Feb 20 ( I know it is holiday) but we called CIC to check whether or not the decision was an approval or refuse and they told us it was an approval for first phase. We received the letter for my husband (the sponsor) today so I called them CIC (again) to see if they send me one for AIP because we didn't see it in the mail and want to apply for OWP. Plus there was a question online in the OWP about medical so I want to know if I need to redo it or not. And LUCKILY, the told use I was approval for second phase yesterday Feb 23 and they sent me a letter yesterday so don't worry about OWP because I will be PR soon.
We didn't want to send OWP permit because we applied outland before in Aug 2010 and was refused in Dec 2010 but everything seems fine now. So good luck to everyone and hope my information is helpful.

iamxiaogua

Star Member
Jun 14, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 28, 2011
AOR Received.
Feb 3, 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
Feb 3, 2012
Med's Request
Mar 30, 2012
Med's Done....
Apr 14, 2012
Interview........
WAVED
Passport Req..
Jun 19, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 16, 2012
LANDED..........
Jul 25, 2012
congratulations blacknoon!

Just want to be sure if I understand you correctly:

You sent outland application in Aug 2010, and sent inland application in Mar 2011. When you submitted your inland application, you didn't redo your medical?

blackmoon2908 said:
Hi everyone,
I was around for quite long but just reading everyone post mainly since i don't have any important thing to share.
However, today I decide to log in and share something that may help other people.I don't think you need to waste money to redo your medical and apply for work permit because CIC seems to process the paperwork faster now.
My medical was done in Aug 2010 so it supposed to expire in Aug 2011 and I was approved yesterday for second phase without redo it.
Now I send my application in March 8, 2011. They received in March 10, 2011. They said the start processing it in April 11, 2011. I called on Valentine day Feb 14, 2012 and one lady told me to call back in 7 weeks because they won't be doing my file until then. However on Saturday Feb 18, I got updated on e-case (funny date right I thought they updated on Tuesday only) that fdecision was made. So Monday Feb 20 ( I know it is holiday) but we called CIC to check whether or not the decision was an approval or refuse and they told us it was an approval for first phase. We received the letter for my husband (the sponsor) today so I called them CIC (again) to see if they send me one for AIP because we didn't see it in the mail and want to apply for OWP. Plus there was a question online in the OWP about medical so I want to know if I need to redo it or not. And LUCKILY, the told use I was approval for second phase yesterday Feb 23 and they sent me a letter yesterday so don't worry about OWP because I will be PR soon.
We didn't want to send OWP permit because we applied outland before in Aug 2010 and was refused in Dec 2010 but everything seems fine now. So good luck to everyone and hope my information is helpful.

blackmoon2908

Feb 24, 2012
BTW, I forgot to say my e-case was not updated for second phase decision yet. It still saying in process. I got the news from the agent when I called CIC. They didn't want to let me know when I asked about the letter decision on the first phase (why my husband get one and I didn't when everyone said I should get one and he should get one for AIP). But he helps out when I tell him I need to know whether or not I can apply for OPW now and whether I need to do my medical for my OWP. He ends up pull out my file and surprised to let me know that I was approved for the second phase yesterday. I was EXTREMELY polite, sweet, and patience when talking to him so I guess it is the reason he decides to helps out later. So be careful when you talk to them. And don't beat around, just get to the questions and make sure you have all your information that they can ask about in front of you. Don't use SPEAKER phone when talking to the agent because they don't seem to like it. I was asked to turn it off when I called them before on Feb 20 because my husband and I both want to hear what they said. But they asks us to turn it off and talk to us separately.

blackmoon2908

Feb 24, 2012
iamxiaogua,

I didn't redo my medical, just get the new form for inland and asked my doctor to sign it again. He did so and up to now, no trouble with medical. I was tempted to redo my medical but scare that they would rejects my application again and it would be waste of money if we has to go to interview or appeal stuff. Even our lawyer said we maybe interview because they may question our relationship.

If the decision was not accepted, my husband and I would fight to the end but we are not the type who would go for refugee (no offense to anyone so please don't judge or get angry). I may end up applied for skilled worker like my husband but anyway, the decision was approval so we are glad.

By the way we will be seeing the Etobiko office. Do you know if they will give us an appointment or we need to call them and set up an appointment? I don't have a letter in hand yet so I am REALLY curious and want to know what to expect next.