Med's Done....
22-12-2011
LANDED..........
24-09-2012 Vancouver
mattman said:
Just checked ecas and it says
Received your application: march 7, 2011

Started processing: February 18th, 2012

Decision Made. We sent you a letter February 18th, 2012.

I still haven't received the letter yet and I'm nervous. Should we be worried about them processing and deciding the same day?
Are you the sponsor? Same was in my husband e-cas. We got our letters 5 days (business day) later. You will get that letter on Monday. Do not worry :)

ontario6791

Feb 22, 2012
Hello guys, I have a question , my ecas says my file was transferred to CIC local office in Etobicoke, and they will contact me , they transferred it on February 2, do you know how long I will get a mail from them, I thought it will take few days and almost one month and I have not received anything yet??

johanna125

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone. Quick question:

What is the format for the client number (a.k.a. Personal identification number) from CIC? IS it alpha or numeric? And how many characters or digits? thanks.

Canadagirl85

Star Member
Jan 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
23/12/10
Interview........
Waved
johanna125 said:
Hi everyone. Quick question:

What is the format for the client number (a.k.a. Personal identification number) from CIC? IS it alpha or numeric? And how many characters or digits? thanks.
Hey Johanna its a 8 digit #. It looks like this on the top right corner of a visa>> 0000-0000.

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
CPC/VEGREVILLE TRANSFERRED TO CIC-EDMONTON
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-10-2013 received by cic 31-10-2013
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
June 24,2014 To God be the glory! PR CARD received: August 22, 2014 (exactly 60 days after landing)! Son's PR card arrived August 27, 2014 (exactly 65 days after landing)
ontario6791 said:
Hello guys, I have a question , my ecas says my file was transferred to CIC local office in Etobicoke, and they will contact me , they transferred it on February 2, do you know how long I will get a mail from them, I thought it will take few days and almost one month and I have not received anything yet??
It depends how busy ur local office is. Our file was transferrd to edmonton last oct. 2011. Submitted additional infos from nov. To feb and now preparing for march sunmission. We have not heard anything yet :(

waitingitout

Jan 24, 2012
Hi, guys! I was wondering, how have the 2011 applicants fared with their medicals? I think mine may be expired by the time they get to me (I did my medicals in late March and CIC received my application on May 21st). I've seen some positive and negative thoughts on redoing medicals, so I'm not sure if I should do mine... it'd be worth saving the time, for me! On the other hand, I know that my police records are way expired (some had a 3-6 month cap on them) and who knows, CIC may want other docs from me, thus rendering doing the medicals over again pointless.

So, to reiterate, 2011 applicants, how have your experiences been with the medicals? Did you need to redo them? Or was it just fine not having done so?

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
Hello, I wonder if someone can assist:
My wife's student visa is about to expire very soon and we do not want to renew that student visa (as it will be too much paper work and school too expensive anyway....we rather just wait until she becomes PR to continue school. She only has 3 classes left) but rather would like to apply for a visitor record as the PR app is in process.... what forms will we need to fill out. give out the link or form number pls.

see my signature and you will see how far we are in the sponsorship process.

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
karma123 said:
Hello!!!

Misha:
I wonder if CIC has updated your e-Cas or not yet, because you're the next in the list. Also, I want to thank you for all the job you have been doing during all this time in the forum. Thanks Misha

Best wishes for all of us! :D
Hey, Youre very welcome :) I just checked my status. I didnt get a chance to check on friday and there is no change at all..:(

Lets see :)

tzing

Jan 23, 2012
qw123 said:
Hello, I wonder if someone can assist:
My wife's student visa is about to expire very soon and we do not want to renew that student visa (as it will be too much paper work and school too expensive anyway....we rather just wait until she becomes PR to continue school. She only has 3 classes left) but rather would like to apply for a visitor record as the PR app is in process.... what forms will we need to fill out. give out the link or form number pls.

see my signature and you will see how far we are in the sponsorship process.
you just need to apply online and pay online, it takes about only about 16 days according to the CIC website, it's called change your status, changing from student visa to visitor record in your case. the links are:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp#change

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/extend-visit.asp

by the way, if you get the AIP letter for first stage approval, you can show it to the school, and you just need to pay the local student tuition fee instead of international. hope this helps

Berber_amazigh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
missha said:
Hey, Youre very welcome :) I just checked my status. I didnt get a chance to check on friday and there is no change at all..:(

Lets see :)
Hey
if i were you i would even bother to extend as you are close to hear some good news from CIC
I am in the same situation as i had a student visa which already expired last year and i am in implied status.
am also only 3 courses to graduate!
when i get my pr then i will finish it

hope this helps as we have the same experience!
Good luck!

liza-laziza

Star Member
Oct 23, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-11-2010
blistex said:
Happy Birthday Liza, that is indeed a wonderful gift. My fiance who is my sponsor has received a letter and same with me, I received a letter from cic. I think you just have to wait for it.
Thank you Blistex. I guess I will have to wait for the letter...
On the other hand, I wish you to have positive decision in the letter that you are waiting for!

sheikfa

May 16, 2011
Guys, congrats to everybody getting their decisions!! Hope this indicates a faster application process.

I have a quick question.

My wife is an international student - her study permit is valid till Aug 30, 2012. After that, she is eligible for a 1-year post graduate work permit. So in total, she has 18 months of valid status in Canada.

1 - I plan to submit my wife's in-land application this week. Just wondering whether I should include an OWP application as well?

2 - Also, whats the difference between applying for the OWP now as opposed to when we gets our AIP?

3 - Additionally, given the off-chance that her application takes more than 18 months; how can we make sure she maintains a valid status in Canada? Does the OWP application give her implied status?

Thanks a bunch.

blistex

Star Member
Feb 26, 2011
Edmonton, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
liza-laziza said:
Thank you Blistex. I guess I will have to wait for the letter...
On the other hand, I wish you to have positive decision in the letter that you are waiting for!
Thanks Liza. same to you. :)

To everyone, thanks for all the information you provide us here. Its good to know I'm not the only one who anxiously waiting for PR. ;) Good luck and God bless to all of us.

maldita

Jan 20, 2012
Hi guys!

I noticed a few days ago some changes in my eCas... it now says:

We received your application for permanent residence on July 20, 2011.

We started processing your application on August 12, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

We received the requested information on December 29, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

We transferred your application to the CIC Etobicoke office on January 17, 2012. The CIC Etobicoke office may contact you.

Last week, it never said "Medical results received." and it didnt mention that it was transferred to Etobicoke, it only said "local office" until a few days ago...

Anyone had the same experience?

Thanks!