+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Application 2011

Foofy

Dec 16, 2011
We received your application for permanent residence on February 28, 2011.

We started processing your application on March 31, 2011.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

what does this means?

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
Foofy said:
We received your application for permanent residence on February 28, 2011.

We started processing your application on March 31, 2011.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

what does this means?
Congrats, you only got first stage approved i.e AIP. Just realized, you were not added. My bad!

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
Chart update:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Ahz52YI3qp3VdHRWYWVYemlFdHdlT0tkWEktUG9hMVE&output=html

Cami

Feb 9, 2012
My mom called the call centre and they told her that on Monday they sent us a letter asking for more information :(
Anyone knows what it could be?
Tomorrow will be a year since we applied...
Thanks!

Foofy

Dec 16, 2011
missha said:
Congrats, you only got first stage approved i.e AIP. Just realized, you were not added. My bad!
ty for the quick answer missha, is there any chance that i will get second stage approval anytime soon? like i checked this morning there was nothing, i checked at 3 an nothing, i checked at 5 and decision made was there... maybe tomorrow they can decide second stage? :p

hakri

Oct 15, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2011
AOR Received.
never :)
File Transfer...
08-09-2012
Med's Done....
22-12-2011
LANDED..........
24-09-2012 Vancouver
Hi Guys,

Actually you were right.

First stage is approved.

We got 2 letters today. (sent on Feb.12) One for me, one for my husband.
Husband is accepted as sponsor.
Me: first stage approved, may apply open work permit (sure! I`ve already done it online, cause my study permit will be expired in 28th Feb, 2012)

hakri

Oct 15, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2011
AOR Received.
never :)
File Transfer...
08-09-2012
Med's Done....
22-12-2011
LANDED..........
24-09-2012 Vancouver
missha said:
Chart update:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Ahz52YI3qp3VdHRWYWVYemlFdHdlT0tkWEktUG9hMVE&output=html
Hi Missha!

Thanks for the hard work with this chart. I think there is one more information would be interesting. The Country of origin. Just for the record..... And this way we could see is there any connection between processing time and countries.

liza-laziza

Star Member
Oct 23, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-11-2010
hakri said:
Hi Missha!

Thanks for the hard work with this chart. I think there is one more information would be interesting. The Country of origin. Just for the record..... And this way we could see is there any connection between processing time and countries.
Agree!!! Good point!! I always thought it could be a very good addition. Missha, would you be able to add this category to the chart? Regardless, you've been really helpful and I think our thread is the most informative and easy-to-use thanks to the chart that you are carefully filling out. Thank you!

Canadagirl85

Star Member
Jan 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
23/12/10
Interview........
Waved
liza-laziza said:
Agree!!! Good point!! I always thought it could be a very good addition. Missha, would you be able to add this category to the chart? Regardless, you've been really helpful and I think our thread is the most informative and easy-to-use thanks to the chart that you are carefully filling out. Thank you!

Yes I agree!! I love the chart! Its what I looked forward to reading :) . Also I think adding the country of origin would be interesting!

Inlandme

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2011
hakri said:
Hi Missha!

I think that would be a great addition to our chart.

johanna125

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanAusGal said:
Hi johanna,
I sent my OWP request after my PR app as well (which was approved back in September), here is what I did:
1. Use form IMM 1249
2. Write on the top left “OPEN WORK PERMIT. Please kindly add to my file (xxxx-xxxx) ASAP and process once AIP is granted.
3. Tick that I am applying for ‘C'
4. A) Personal Information: as is
5. B) My Family Members: my spouses name, of course dependent children should go here too;
6. C) Coming to Canada: same as I had on PR App;
7. D) My Request: I want to extend my stay in Canada until – enter a date 2 years from now to be safe. Explanation something like: I have recently applied for PR under Spouse, In Canada class. I need to remain in Canada for my application to be valid and continue living my husband, blah blah blah. The above date represents the approximate processing time, per the CIC website, to get PR approval plus additional time for a landing interview and arrival of my PR card;
8. To support myself: put whatever you have, even yours and your spouse's salary;
9. E) Additional Information: Assess as needed for your situation;
10. Sign and Date
11. Checklist: I just put N/A next to most things there, I only sent in: Application; Document Checklist; Receipt; Marriage Certificate; Photocopies of passport (for both me and my spouse);
12. I then wrote a cover letter explaining that I didn't know I had to send this with my PR application and again if they could kindly add it to my file ASAP to process only after AIP is approved (this is important otherwise it will be denied)
13. I then sent mine to CPC Vegreville; 6212-55th Ave, Vegreville, AB T9C 1W5

Dear CanAusGal,

Wow, very well explained reply. I greatly appreciate it. I do apologize if I'm in the 2011 inland forum even if my application falls in 2012. I find the 2011 forum very informative and accurate. Thank you too to Missha for taking time to reply to my query and to all members' queries.

Just some clarifications:
1. Regarding your item #2 reply above, should I submit my OWP application now even though I still don't have a file number because I just submitted my application middle of January 2012 and it CPC has not yet acknowledged receipt of it yet. Or should I wait for the file number first before I send OWP?

2. When and how will CIC acknowledge receipt of our application for the first time? Canada Post acknowledgment receipt is Jan 20, 2012. But as of today, we haven't heard from them (though it's been a month only).

By the way, I called up the visa call center last week. The person that I talked to said that as of Feb 10, 2012, they are opening November 15, 2011 envelopes received. Just a background, I called them up to inquire because I did not include my medical report in the application I sent last January 2012. She told me to do it now and send the receipt immediately to VO because my envelope has not been opened yet.

Anyway, many thanks again and good luck everyone :)

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
Umm,

I have been thinking about it. Country of origin means which country you born in? As some people raised in difference countries but born in different?

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
johanna125 said:
Dear CanAusGal,

Wow, very well explained reply. I greatly appreciate it. I do apologize if I'm in the 2011 inland forum even if my application falls in 2012. I find the 2011 forum very informative and accurate. Thank you too to Missha for taking time to reply to my query and to all members' queries.

Just some clarifications:
1. Regarding your item #2 reply above, should I submit my OWP application now even though I still don't have a file number because I just submitted my application middle of January 2012 and it CPC has not yet acknowledged receipt of it yet. Or should I wait for the file number first before I send OWP?

2. When and how will CIC acknowledge receipt of our application for the first time? Canada Post acknowledgment receipt is Jan 20, 2012. But as of today, we haven't heard from them (though it's been a month only).

By the way, I called up the visa call center last week. The person that I talked to said that as of Feb 10, 2012, they are opening November 15, 2011 envelopes received. Just a background, I called them up to inquire because I did not include my medical report in the application I sent last January 2012. She told me to do it now and send the receipt immediately to VO because my envelope has not been opened yet.

Anyway, many thanks again and good luck everyone :)

Seriously, there are different options here. I let you choose one of them :)

As per medical:

1) If you go by book. As per the manual, you are required to do your medical with your inland application.
2) I have seen some lawyers suggesting medical to be done later in order to extend the medical validity
(i.e to go beyond the current timeline which is 11-12 months now). CIC do accept that approach as well. Sometime Visa Officers, do request to get the medical done and put u in second stage as seen some cases in 2010 forum and sometimes, they extend it as seen in 2011 cases.

As per OWP:

It would be easier with client ID but looks like CIC is taking time to open envelops. People who sent in January 2011, their enveloped were opened quite in time.

If you see inland tracking sheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ahz52YI3qp3VdHRWYWVYemlFdHdlT0tkWEktUG9hMVE#gid=0

Have you tried getting your client ID btw? If not, call them and ask if you are able to get ur client ID.