+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Application 2011

wery

Aug 31, 2011
Hi everyone!

More updates! :) this evening there were 3 letters on my mailbox, 2 addressed to me and one to my wife.

The letter for my wife and of one of mine's said that we meet the eligibility requirements (first stage of the process?) and that they were now working on second stage. (medicals, security checks, etc.)

The third letter said that I have to go for an examination interview on March 22 to the Calgary immigration office! my wife has to come with me, I have to pay some fees the day of the interview ($490), take 2 pictures and bring my passport but I think that this is the end of the process for me right?

I'm not sure how long it takes to get the pr card after that but it feels better to wait for that now that i have a date to look forward to.

March applicants, get ready to receive good news soon because seems like they are speeding up over there!

Inlandme

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2011
Wery and dorina, congratulations to you both on getting both the stages approved. You guys must be so so happy! Thanks for sharing your stories, really keeps us all motivated here.

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
heyhey1 said:
WHEW...LOL....I sure hope its both!!!!...I sit and watch for the mail person every day, as my OWP is comming with it. I so just want to get to work!!!..thank you for responding so fast Missha..!!! your doing a awesome job!!
kdmosco said:
hey everyone, so no one's received this letter yet? i think there are about 5 or 6 of us that got the same response on our e-cas at around the same time... guys and girls please update us as soon as you can!!! missha, you are so knowledgable! you should work at cic!!! LOL.. thanks everyone for all your support and advise, this forum really makes the waiting not so painful!!
heyhey1, and kdmosco,

I try my best to help as much as i could. We all are in the same boat :) . Seriously, I wish to work at CIC and then I'd def. speed up the processing :D

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
wery said:
Hi everyone!

More updates! :) this evening there were 3 letters on my mailbox, 2 addressed to me and one to my wife.

The letter for my wife and of one of mine's said that we meet the eligibility requirements (first stage of the process?) and that they were now working on second stage. (medicals, security checks, etc.)

The third letter said that I have to go for an examination interview on March 22 to the Calgary immigration office! my wife has to come with me, I have to pay some fees the day of the interview ($490), take 2 pictures and bring my passport but I think that this is the end of the process for me right?

I'm not sure how long it takes to get the pr card after that but it feels better to wait for that now that i have a date to look forward to.

March applicants, get ready to receive good news soon because seems like they are speeding up over there!
awesomeness wery!!!!

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys......there is a good news .CiC has updated the processing time.oh.mine what a good and great jump..now processing application received on feb 19,2011. ;D thats means march applicants are next........4 weeks jump ...great 8)

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Holy crap guys. A 29 day jump. Working on feb.19 now. Go cic. They owed us big time for those disappointing jumps these past 6 weeks.

Get ready March peeps. Here we go. It is our turn. It is too bad I am on the last day of the month.

Horselover. R u new to this thread? What is your timeline?

Liza, u r next. Get ready girl!

I can't believe we have a 14 day gap in our thread from Feb.24-Mar.10
I am sure we will see some new people pop up from now till then

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
angtao said:
Holy crap guys. A 29 day jump. Working on feb.19 now. Go cic. They owed us big time for those disappointing jumps these past 6 weeks.

Get ready March peeps. Here we go. It is our turn. It is too bad I am on the last day of the month.

Horselover. R u new to this thread? What is your timeline?

Liza, u r next. Get ready girl!

I can't believe we have a 14 day gap in our thread from Feb.24-Mar.10
I am sure we will see some new people pop up from now till then

omggg........im anxious, im the 6th number in march....

johanna125

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
missha said:
Congrats guys.. you all got your AIP.. Awesome!!! I am very happy for you.

Buckle up March people. Its our turn now....

Hi Missha. Thank you for leading this forum. You're very helpful to all members. By the way, just some questions:
1. When I sent my PR inland sponsorship application recently, I forgot to include an OWP application. I'm planning to send it now. Should I send it to the department handling PR applications in vegreville or to the one handling work permits?

2. I saw the document checklist for work permits. There are lots fo requirements there which I don't have now such as HRSDC confirmation, job offer, return ticket and others, and so forth. What exactly did you submit when you applied for your OWP?

Many thanks and good luck on your application too.

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
Horselover said:
Working on Feb. 19th :) They should keep those jumps up!!!!!!
cann u share ur timeline?

CanAusGal

Star Member
Feb 6, 2012
johanna125 said:
Hi Missha. Thank you for leading this forum. You're very helpful to all members. By the way, just some questions:
1. When I sent my PR inland sponsorship application recently, I forgot to include an OWP application. I'm planning to send it now. Should I send it to the department handling PR applications in vegreville or to the one handling work permits?

2. I saw the document checklist for work permits. There are lots fo requirements there which I don't have now such as HRSDC confirmation, job offer, return ticket and others, and so forth. What exactly did you submit when you applied for your OWP?

Many thanks and good luck on your application too.
Hi johanna,
I sent my OWP request after my PR app as well (which was approved back in September), here is what I did:
1. Use form IMM 1249
2. Write on the top left “OPEN WORK PERMIT. Please kindly add to my file (xxxx-xxxx) ASAP and process once AIP is granted.
3. Tick that I am applying for ‘C'
4. A) Personal Information: as is
5. B) My Family Members: my spouses name, of course dependent children should go here too;
6. C) Coming to Canada: same as I had on PR App;
7. D) My Request: I want to extend my stay in Canada until – enter a date 2 years from now to be safe. Explanation something like: I have recently applied for PR under Spouse, In Canada class. I need to remain in Canada for my application to be valid and continue living my husband, blah blah blah. The above date represents the approximate processing time, per the CIC website, to get PR approval plus additional time for a landing interview and arrival of my PR card;
8. To support myself: put whatever you have, even yours and your spouse's salary;
9. E) Additional Information: Assess as needed for your situation;
10. Sign and Date
11. Checklist: I just put N/A next to most things there, I only sent in: Application; Document Checklist; Receipt; Marriage Certificate; Photocopies of passport (for both me and my spouse);
12. I then wrote a cover letter explaining that I didn't know I had to send this with my PR application and again if they could kindly add it to my file ASAP to process only after AIP is approved (this is important otherwise it will be denied)
13. I then sent mine to CPC Vegreville; 6212-55th Ave, Vegreville, AB T9C 1W5

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
CanAusGal said:
Hi johanna,
I sent my OWP request after my PR app as well (which was approved back in September), here is what I did:
1. Use form IMM 1249
2. Write on the top left “OPEN WORK PERMIT. Please kindly add to my file (xxxx-xxxx) ASAP and process once AIP is granted.
3. Tick that I am applying for ‘C'
4. A) Personal Information: as is
5. B) My Family Members: my spouses name, of course dependent children should go here too;
6. C) Coming to Canada: same as I had on PR App;
7. D) My Request: I want to extend my stay in Canada until – enter a date 2 years from now to be safe. Explanation something like: I have recently applied for PR under Spouse, In Canada class. I need to remain in Canada for my application to be valid and continue living my husband, blah blah blah. The above date represents the approximate processing time, per the CIC website, to get PR approval plus additional time for a landing interview and arrival of my PR card;
8. To support myself: put whatever you have, even yours and your spouse's salary;
9. E) Additional Information: Assess as needed for your situation;
10. Sign and Date
11. Checklist: I just put N/A next to most things there, I only sent it: Application; Document Checklist; Receipt; Marriage Certificate; Photocopies of passport (for both me and my spouse);
12. I then wrote a cover letter explaining that I didn't know I had to send this with my PR application and again if they could kindly add it to my file ASAP to process only after AIP is approved (this is important otherwise it will be denied)
13. I then sent mine to CPC Vegreville; 6212-55th Ave, Vegreville, AB T9C 1W5
Yes Johanna,

I was also about to type but CanAusGal made it so right and PERFECT.

Send your OWP asap as they take time to attach it to the original documents :)

Good Luck!

Canadagirl85

Star Member
Jan 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
23/12/10
Interview........
Waved
BIG CONGRATS to the feb people !! So happy for you !! So happy about the jump woo! I'm third on the list! In checking my wifes ecas daily! I can't wait to tell her we are approved and its all over!! Hopefully not much longer!!!

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Marriage on your mind for immigration? Think again

Married newcomers to Canada better be in love or be prepared tough it out in the relationship for two years if they don't want to be kicked out of the country.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada is changing Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations to make a sponsored spouse stay in the relationship for at least two years once they receive permanent residence status, or they have to leave Canada.

"For two years, you have to stay married," said Winnipeg Liberal MP Kevin Lamoureux, who heard the news on Valentine's Day as a member of the standing committee on Citizenship and Immigration. The government is bringing into force regulatory changes to deter marriage fraud, he said.

It will impose a two-year "conditional residency" on sponsored spouses, common-law partners and conjugal partners. If they don't stay in a bona fide relationship, they'll be removed by the Canada Border Services Agency, he said. Jilted spouses may be happy to see them get the heave-ho but victims of violent spouses could be in jeopardy, critics say.