Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2012
newCanuck said:
update: On Jan 24 rec'd letter from CIC to go to the Vancouver office for the PR confirmation on Jan 30 and to pay the 490 Right to PR fee and have 2 photos.
Congrats on your DM and that makes you the last person from January, get ready February people!!!Suivant/Next!!! like the say here in Quebec!!

mariela11

Nov 29, 2011
Hi Guys! congrats to all the peolple who are getting approvals.

I really need your opinion in this one guys: I am in a visitor visa, waiting for m application to be processed. I was offered a job as a nanny and the person is willing to write a letter as a propective employer to get a work permit (not open) just to work with her. Will CIC give it to me? the processing time is only 15 months for workpermits! so it is great but will they give it to me if I am in a tourist visa now and waiting for PR? What do you think?

taoqi

Jan 19, 2012
Hi everybody!
This amazing forum, I am so glad I found

Here's my timeline:
Office: Vergerville
14.04.2011 - App. received
29.04.2011 - Started processing
13.07.2011 –Receive the “client history update form”,
13.07.2011 –send the “client history update form” to VEGREVILLE。
27.09.2011 - docs for CSQ sent
13.10.2011 - CSQ issued and sent to CIC
CSQ have some mistake,
17.10.2011 - docs for CSQ resend
21.10.2011 - NEW CSQ issued and sent to CIC
Waiting for AIP...

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
mariela11 said:
Hi Guys! congrats to all the peolple who are getting approvals.

I really need your opinion in this one guys: I am in a visitor visa, waiting for m application to be processed. I was offered a job as a nanny and the person is willing to write a letter as a propective employer to get a work permit (not open) just to work with her. Will CIC give it to me? the processing time is only 15 months for workpermits! so it is great but will they give it to me if I am in a tourist visa now and waiting for PR? What do you think?
No one here is dealing with nanny case. In my opinion, I think if you have solid reasons to work as the nanny for the kids, then CIC would give it to you.

Try post this question on the main forum. You will get relevant replies.

In Limbo

Star Member
Nov 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16, 2011
Hi everyone..just here waiting for that letter requesting that interview. From what I'm told it's a maximum 6 week wait here in Kitchener...thankfully. File was transferred January 17th...so hopefully in February sometime. Am I the only one in this group with a transferred to local office file?

heyhey1

Jan 13, 2012
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 7, 2011
AOR Received.
March 16, 2011
Med's Done....
Dec 8, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
AIP: Feb 11th, 2012
Hey guys and gals, I know im getting ahead of myself (waiting for 11 months 2 weeks and 6 days), but does anyone know where and how I apply for a SSI, and provincial health insurance number??

Serendipity

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In Limbo said:
Hi everyone..just here waiting for that letter requesting that interview. From what I'm told it's a maximum 6 week wait here in Kitchener...thankfully. File was transferred January 17th...so hopefully in February sometime. Am I the only one in this group with a transferred to local office file?
In Limbo,

I guess you are not "in limbo" any more now that things are moving forward. Good for you. Also, one quick question for you: was your application transferred to your local office for further assessment? In other words, was it transferred without AIP?

Given that I remember some of the background of your case from other threads, I am not surprised to learn that your file was transferred. That would be, in fact, the thing to expect. However, if that is true, you have to know that your case will be carefully scrutinized by CIC, which means that both of you guys should expect and be fully prepared for an exhaustive interview.

Provided that both of you are found to be eligible for the process, it is very likely that the interview will be focused on proving the legitimacy of the relationship. Getting ready for this type of interviews takes some preparation, and I would recommend you to not take it lightly.

Be curious and explore other threats about this specific subject so you can get some guidance about it.

All the best

S. :)

Zoekitkat

Jan 9, 2012
Hello here,

Quick update, I received the letter saying that my husband has met the requirements to sponsor me. I received today (friday 27) as well my OWP ( what a relief). So after DM it took me 7 days to receive the letter from Vegreville.

Next step; find a job. Wish me good luck. But I have to say, after waiting a year to be finally able to work nothing seem harder than that.

Good luck to all of you that are still waiting.

In Limbo

Star Member
Nov 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16, 2011
Serendipity said:
In Limbo,

I guess you are not "in limbo" any more now that things are moving forward. Good for you. Also, one quick question for you: was your application transferred to your local office for further assessment? In other words, was it transferred without AIP?

Given that I remember some of the background of your case from other threads, I am not surprised to learn that your file was transferred. That would be, in fact, the thing to expect. However, if that is true, you have to know that your case will be carefully scrutinized by CIC, which means that both of you guys should expect and be fully prepared for an exhaustive interview.

Provided that both of you are found to be eligible for the process, it is very likely that the interview will be focused on proving the legitimacy of the relationship. Getting ready for this type of interviews takes some preparation, and I would recommend you to not take it lightly.

Be curious and explore other threats about this specific subject so you can get some guidance about it.

All the best

S. :)
Thanks Serendipity...ooh trust me we have been preparing and yes it most likely has been transferred for further assessment. No AIP yet.

waitingitout

Jan 24, 2012
Phew! Missha, following your advice on how to contact CIC, I called them and after waiting on hold forever, acquired my client id number. It's a good thing too, since my lawyer seemed unable to dig up any other information... At any rate, I now have a client id number, and I was told over the phone that my status is that they received my PR and work visa application on May 21st, 2011. Nothing's changed, but I'm very glad I checked. :-* Thank you, everyone, for giving me the confidence to take these steps! Here's hoping they build up some speed in going through the applications.

Serendipity

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zoekitkat said:
Hello here,

Quick update, I received the letter saying that my husband has met the requirements to sponsor me. I received today (friday 27) as well my OWP ( what a relief). So after DM it took me 7 days to receive the letter from Vegreville.

Next step; find a job. Wish me good luck. But I have to say, after waiting a year to be finally able to work nothing seem harder than that.

Good luck to all of you that are still waiting.
Congrats!!! :)

Serendipity

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In Limbo said:
Thanks Serendipity...ooh trust me we have been preparing and yes it most likely has been transferred for further assessment. No AIP yet.
By the way, one thing you may want to do right away, that is if you have not done so already, is to order your FOSS Notes. This will let you know the exact reasons why the examining officer decided to have your file transferred. Once you identify the problem issues, you should be able to find a way to improve your chances of being approved by proactively taking care of them.

Following please find a link that explains how to obtain your immigration file notes (FOSS Notes): http://immipedia.ca/Ordering_FOSS_and_CAIPS_notes

Cheers

FRR

lyrical

Star Member
Sep 13, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2011
Med's Done....
29-03-2011
LANDED..........
02-05-12

perk

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 14,2011
AOR Received.
Aug 4,2011
Med's Request
Sept 2012
Med's Done....
Oct 2012
LANDED..........
12-3-2014
Frozen in time.

newCanuck

Jun 24, 2011
Richmond, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Final update: Landed without issue today at 1245pm in Vancouver -- almost 1 year to-the-day the application was sent in. Congrats to all the other 2011 applicants. Be patient, it may take some time but it's worth the wait.