Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
Zoekitkat said:
Hi everybody!

I am being sponsored by my Canadian husband I am originally from France. We send our Inland application in January 28th 2011 and they received it on February 2nd 2011. I applied for a open working visa at the same time in the same envelop. I am now, hopefully, few days away from they're first reply (the approval of the sponsorship and the working visa).

I therefore I am curious to know if anyone near my timeline heard something already. The website is still stuck on processing application from January 14th ( it's been almost 4weeks...)
Also I am really hoping that the first envelop from the immigration that I will receive will be my working visa. Does anyone knows if it's a mistake to hope for that first? Maybe I should receive a letter saying that they're processing my application and it will take X time to complete the first step (sponsorship approve)? Can they ask me for more information from my past years...

It has been almost a year that I am waiting for my husband to be approve and to receive a working visa. I am young and I have missed a big year in my career. The year has not be easy and those last days are getting worse (mentally)... These past year I have been bored as I never through it would be possible. Feeling useless, and trying to rich a goal that will never come... Depression has always been near me, and these experience has changed me.
I am curious to hear from people that are waiting or have been waiting for their papers from an inland application. If you were not working what did you do of your days, how did you kept your life busy and kept yourself useful...

Thanks to all of you on this forum that have already gave me lots information just by reading you... I wish to all of you a lot of patience and keep the head high it's coming.
The last person i know received it from 21th Jan. Keep your fingers crossed :)

Serendipity

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
missha said:
Serendipity,

When did you send the second medical?

The second medicals were done in mid Sep./2011, a couple of months before the first ones were expired. Since their validity is for one year, this guaranteed that the examining officer would find valid medicals on file at the time of assessing the First Stage, which was schedule to happen in late Dec. 2011/early 2012 based on the date they received our file.

S. :)

Dominican22

Jun 23, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-12-2011
Med's Done....
23-11-2010
missha said:
The last person i know received it from 21th Jan. Keep your fingers crossed :)
Hi Missha! Can you please correct my info in the chart??? I got AIP on Dec 19 2011 and DM on Dec 21st 2011. Waiting for the landing date. Thanks!

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Wow, this thread is so quiet today. Is anyone there? I know most of us come on here daily and just check out the updates. Is anyone excited for our wed jump tomorrow? I sure am. It has literally been 3 full weeks since it has moved. Here's hoping for a decent jump tomorrow. Although, the kids went back to school this past Monday and a lot of parents take the 2 weeks off during Xmas and nye to spend time with there kids. I hope that does not slow us down for tomorrows jump. I guess sesame is next on the list.

Have you heard anything yet sesame?

Canadagirl85

Star Member
Jan 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
23/12/10
Interview........
Waved
angtao said:
Wow, this thread is so quiet today. Is anyone there? I know most of us come on here daily and just check out the updates. Is anyone excited for our wed jump tomorrow? I sure am. It has literally been 3 full weeks since it has moved. Here's hoping for a decent jump tomorrow. Although, the kids went back to school this past Monday and a lot of parents take the 2 weeks off during Xmas and nye to spend time with there kids. I hope that does not slow us down for tomorrows jump. I guess sesame is next on the list.

Have you heard anything yet sesame?
Ya super quiet today~! I check here like 3 times a day! I am hoping for a big jump tomorrow too! Really dont want the applications to hit the 1 year mark... Wooo for a big jump!!

In Limbo

Star Member
Nov 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16, 2011
Congrats Serendipty...I can only imagine the joy you are feeling right now :)
I thought the early part of waiting was the worst but I was wrong. It's these last few weeks that are the worst. Angtao and Canadagirl...waiting on our turn eh?

garry4u55

Jan 11, 2012
Hi everyone,
I am new on this forum .i appiled Inland canada my application.i am on work permit but wife is in manitoba she is canadian and i have 1 year old doughter but i am working in alberta.can any body suggest me how can i get open work permit.

Thanks

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
I'm PLOP!!! I went to check the CIC site to see if they moved ahead... and for the first first firssssst time I read the top... and I got so discouraged and frustrated and mad... grrrrrrrr... so it does not take 12 month to get anything it takes 20 months actually... what a bomer!!!

"Processing Times: Family Sponsorship
This information is updated weekly (step 1) and quarterly (step 2) and shows the time it takes to process an application after we receive a complete application package.

There are two steps in processing family sponsorship applications. In order to know the total approximate time it may take for your application to be processed, ADD the time in step 1 to the time in step 2 (the two steps are consecutive).Last update: January 4, 2012

garry4u55

Jan 11, 2012
Hi Karma,
Thanks so much for the Information I appiled in Sept 27,2011 CIC Recevied in 29 Sept,2011.Application Is in Process Dec13,2011.you have any idea how long it takes.

Once again Thanks very Much..

kdmosco

Star Member
Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2012
wow! so upsetting! last update on Jan 4th they were working on files received jan 15... today jan 11 they are working on files received jan 15? takes them a whole week to check 1 days worth of applications? looks like the wait will be a lot longer!

kaybee55

Jul 24, 2010
They are working over there....

We checked e-cas and got accepted for 2nd stage today !!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!

Submitted Jan 12/11
In process Feb 22/11
AIP + OWP Dec 19/11
PR Jan 9/12

visita44

Jun 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 4, 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 27, 2011
Interview........
Mar 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2012
kaybee55 said:

Submitted Jan 12/11
In process Feb 22/11
AIP + OWP Dec 19/11
PR Jan 9/12
Congratulation !!! Is your date Submitted Jan 12/11 the same as the date Application Received on your ecas... Thanks in advance,,

karma123

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2011
kaybee55 said:

Submitted Jan 12/11
In process Feb 22/11
AIP + OWP Dec 19/11
PR Jan 9/12
At least a good new, permanent residence can take less time than what CIC shows in their website :),, I'm so happy for you, congratulations and Welcome to Canada Kaybee55. :D

kdmosco

Star Member
Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2012
congrats kaybee55! that's great news!... i actually don't really understand the abbreviations that are used on this forum, sorry! can one of you help me out? like AIP and all the other ones that are used.. what do they stand for?

kaybee55

Jul 24, 2010
kdmosco said:
congrats kaybee55! that's great news!... i actually don't really understand the abbreviations that are used on this forum, sorry! can one of you help me out? like AIP and all the other ones that are used.. what do they stand for?
THANK YOU !!!

AIP= approvan in principle (meaning 1st stage approval)
OWP= Open work permit
PR= Permanent Resident