Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2011
garry4u55 said:
Hi Karma,
Thanks so much for the Information I appiled in Sept 27,2011 CIC Recevied in 29 Sept,2011.Application Is in Process Dec13,2011.you have any idea how long it takes.

Once again Thanks very Much..
Hello! According to the process time, It could take a year, but I hope CIC will reduce it, to get an answer sooner :)

But don't worry about it, at least you have a work permit (Much of us don't have it).

You can continue working,,, Until when is your work permit valid? because maybe you should send your application for Open Work Permit, to be attached to your sponsorship file, so once you get the first stage approved you will received your OWP. And if your work permit ends before having an answer, you will be in Implied Status, and according to what I read, you can continue working under the same instructions of the expired work permit.

But I suggest you to call CIC, to ask what's the better option you have, and what you should do.

visita44

Jun 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 4, 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 27, 2011
Interview........
Mar 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2012
If in case you current Work Permit expire before you get First Stage Approval. You can talk to your current employer that you are in Implied Status while your application is in Process and like your Open Work Permit is in Process too until you get AIP/First Stage Approval. You can show him the ecas update that you have your appplication really In Process. Just a suggestion...

Canadagirl85

Star Member
Jan 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
23/12/10
Interview........
Waved
kaybee55 said:
They are working over there....

We checked e-cas and got accepted for 2nd stage today !!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!

Submitted Jan 12/11
In process Feb 22/11
AIP + OWP Dec 19/11
PR Jan 9/12

WOOOOOO Sooo happy for you congrats hun!!! WOOOOOOooooooOOOOOOOooooo

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
kaybee55 said:
They are working over there....

We checked e-cas and got accepted for 2nd stage today !!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!

Submitted Jan 12/11
In process Feb 22/11
AIP + OWP Dec 19/11
PR Jan 9/12
Congratulations for both of you... all the best...

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
I got a question.
When we sent the file early dec 2nd we also added the extension stay demand and OWP.
Problem is my wife entered Canada 1st of september and soon end of February she can't stay any longer without an extension (6 months pass so fast sometime...)
If the file is not opened yet how can they know we wanted also to extend her stay?
We have paid both for the additional work permit and extension of visitor visa (we may have paid more than necessary but anyway).
Should we then pay again and file a separate demand for her extension ?
We don't want that she end up in an illegal situation at all.

thank you

Am_lina11

Star Member
Oct 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 6 2011
Doc's Request.
30 May 2012
Med's Done....
March 2011/ June 2012
vinlander said:
I got a question.
When we sent the file early dec 2nd we also added the extension stay demand and OWP.
Problem is my wife entered Canada 1st of september and soon end of February she can't stay any longer without an extension (6 months pass so fast sometime...)
If the file is not opened yet how can they know we wanted also to extend her stay?
We have paid both for the additional work permit and extension of visitor visa (we may have paid more than necessary but anyway).
Should we then pay again and file a separate demand for her extension ?
We don't want that she end up in an illegal situation at all.

thank you
Vinlander, you don't have to worry! If the application to extend the stay in Canada was sent before the previous permit expires you can remain legally in the country until the decision made on the application! You did right by sending your application for OWP and extend your stay! Now your wife is under implied status until you get the response from CIC, and it doesn't matter if they open it later or earlier your expiry date! Just make sure they got your application and wait for their response! In regards legal stay your wife shall not worry! She is leagally in Canada untill they make decision on the application! Good luck!

garry4u55

Jan 11, 2012
visita44 said:
If in case you current Work Permit expire before you get First Stage Approval. You can talk to your current employer that you are in Implied Status while your application is in Process and like your Open Work Permit is in Process too until you get AIP/First Stage Approval. You can show him the ecas update that you have your appplication really In Process. Just a suggestion...
Thanks Visita for you suggestion.

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
garry4u55 said:
Thanks Visita for you suggestion.
HI Garry,

Dont worry at all. I was also entered legally and then they cancelled my visa and with my application i applied for Visitor visa and got permit after 5 months so dont worry.

Naz

chau01

Star Member
May 29, 2006
Hi

can some family member who is on visitor visa in Canada, apply for Open Work Prmit with extension of visa?

thanks

Inlandme

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2011
Hi everybody! I am so glad i found this amazing forum :D. Loving the success stories, makes me so much more hopeful. Here's my timeline so far

We received your application for permanent residence on March 17, 2011.

We started processing your application on April 12, 2011.

I did have a question - read someone saying they sent in medical reports as additional documents in their application before cic's request - to speed up the process and to avoid delays i guess is that what people are doing? Basically i think the person knew by the time the agent would be processing the file the medical would have expired. Do you think i should also do the same because its almost been a year since my application?

Canadagirl85

Star Member
Jan 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
23/12/10
Interview........
Waved
No jump again today... Like what is going on:-(

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Canadagirl, there was a 1 day jump yesterday. In 3 full weeks they only moved 1 day. How is that even allowed? Don't they have any quotas to meet? When I don't get my work done on time at work, I get in trouble. Wtf?

Last year this time they were working on march apps. This is crazy. They better have a huge jump next week. That 15 day jump we saw in December was amazing. I have 0 confidence in Canada's immigration system. This is bullshit.

peru87

Sep 15, 2010
Hi!

I have been following this forum for the past few weeks, but never had anything relevant to post. I’d like to thank everyone for been so helpful with each other, and creating an amazing group.

Today I got a call from a blocked number, did not answer until the third call –three-to-four-hour intervals between calls-. It was CIC, informing me that I have been approved for second stage, and will be landing this Monday. So, if you happen to receive a call from a blocked number DO NOT IGNORE THE CALL, as it may be CIC delivering good news.

Wishing you all the best,

A

Application received: January 20. 2011
Started processing: February 28. 2011
AIP: January 4, 2012
DM: January 12 , 2012
Landing: January 16, 2012

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Peru, that is amazing news. We have a lot of people being approved for both stages do quickly. I am glad you posted your timeline and shared your info with us.

Did they call u from vegreville or your local office. Btw, what city is your local office in? Lucky you that your landing date is so soon.