AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
It's not always but I noticed that sometimes govt's mails came a little later than they stated. You hit the biggest holiday so no wonder.
They may ask you to get things (next steps) done in the letter. Did you finish medical exam and police check before?
(I'm sorry I don't know what H&C means.)

kochanie

Oct 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Serendipity said:
Dear all,

My wife's e-CAS today:

"We received your application for permanent residence on January 21, 2011.

We started processing your application on March 7, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We sent you a letter on January 4, XXXXXXX about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us."

S. :)
Congratulations Serendipity! Happy new year! Really feels good to hear good news!

alliecanada

Dec 31, 2011
hatrang said:
It's not always but I noticed that sometimes govt's mails came a little later than they stated. You hit the biggest holiday so no wonder.
They may ask you to get things (next steps) done in the letter. Did you finish medical exam and police check before?
(I'm sorry I don't know what H&C means.)
Oh, so it was probably Canada Post who received the letters late? H&C (humanitarian and compassionate grounds), the PR second stage process for it is like the regular PR. I have not done medicals during the process of this application; however, I have done them before sending it and they might still be valid. Which is why I want to get the letter asap, so I know what to do next :p.

Thanks for your reply!

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
I collected these from other threads, you may find it's good now in the waiting time. Don't worry, just enjoy your weekend, they will be yours shortly.

The sponsor approval letter starts off like this:
"This refers to the Application to sponsor a member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class you submitted to this office on behalf of (insert name here). You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The Application for Permanent Residence will be processed separately and the applicant will hear from this office shortly." (Then goes on to discuss your obligations as a sponsor.)

The applicant approval letter for AIP starts off like this:
"This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. However, a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements."

kochanie

Oct 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hatrang said:
Congratulations to Serendipity, I'm happy for you.

Here is my humble update guys. CIC sent an email to my hubby's box to confirm that our app. was received, yay :p :p :p :p :p :p!!!!!
So the date is Jan 5, 2012 in case you update the chart.
Oh by the way, both eCAS of mine and my hubby weren't updated, showing nothing :D

Yay Hatrang! Good news! Your apps have been opened:) Happy for you!

sesamerush

Nov 5, 2010
wow it's so great to see people from January getting great news from cic!! I've been popping in every once in a while but I haven't really been able to contribute to the forum because I forgot my pw - I finally got off my lazy bum and retrieved it! lol
I'd loooooove to hear from them soon as well, but when they requested some additional info I had to send it in a month later because I had to wait till my passport extension came back to me (I wanted to send it in together) *sigh* I can only hope it won't delay the process too long.

alliecanada

Dec 31, 2011
hatrang said:
I collected these from other threads, you may find it's good now in the waiting time. Don't worry, just enjoy your weekend, they will be yours shortly.

The sponsor approval letter starts off like this:
"This refers to the Application to sponsor a member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class you submitted to this office on behalf of (insert name here). You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The Application for Permanent Residence will be processed separately and the applicant will hear from this office shortly." (Then goes on to discuss your obligations as a sponsor.)

The applicant approval letter for AIP starts off like this:
"This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. However, a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements."
Thank you! It's a good thing I know what the letter is about :p (AIP). I just want to know if I'm going to have to do medicals AND police, so I can send them asap. Is there a deadline? I mean, do they consider that the mail might not arrive so fast during holidays? I appreciate all the answers!

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
kochanie said:
Thanks Kochanie, even it's just small comparing with the AIP, but anyway, it's my happiness for now. I know for sure I can go and take Knowledge test for driving license now, :p :p :p :p :p

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kochanie said:
good to hear that too.......when did you send in your applications....is it a 2012 application? there is a forum for 2012 applicant.u can also join that one too. ;D ;D ;D

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
oh you did open an new thread for 2012? Interesting! I was wondering about that yesterday :p :p :p :p.
I applied in October 2011 and my app was just received. I guess I'll be here until at least a half of 2012 guys got AIP, LOL.
ok, now is the news: eCas also updated for both me and my hubby today.

MrMass

Nov 26, 2011
Serendipity said:
MrMass, the good news is that all you need to do to is to call CIC and ask them whether you were in fact approved for both stages, which for what we have seen lately is quite possible. No need to guess, buddy, just call :)

S :)
The lady that called me to let me know that I was approved had mentioned that they were sending me my landing papers and my OWP.

My lawyer had mentioned that they don't necessarily have you take an interview, clearly if they have no problems with your application.

Plus I called CIC like 20 times on Friday and every time it would tell me to try again and hang up on me.

I guess I'll wait and see what the package contains.

Thank you again everyone for your help

Berber_amazigh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Inlanders!!

i was so busy with moving to a new place and i couldn't comment or contribute on this forum!
But seems like there is a lot of good news here! Congrats for ppl who got positive update for their PR!
Hope there will be a jump for this week!!
Cheeers!

Serendipity

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MrMass said:
The lady that called me to let me know that I was approved had mentioned that they were sending me my landing papers and my OWP.

My lawyer had mentioned that they don't necessarily have you take an interview, clearly if they have no problems with your application.

Plus I called CIC like 20 times on Friday and every time it would tell me to try again and hang up on me.

I guess I'll wait and see what the package contains.

Thank you again everyone for your help
Got it, but what you mention is actually great news. If the agent who called you said that they would be sending you your "landing papers", most likely meaning the letter from your local CIC office for the landing interview, you most definitely got both stages approved. :)

Also, this is very good news for everyone here since this means that CIC is proactively working to expedite those cases that already fulfill all requirements. This means shorter times for the Second Stage of Approval, which is nothing short of a total blessing.

About that, when we first sent out the application we were pretty much aware of that fact that once CIC receives the package, and verifies that all required info is there and that all forms have been filled out appropriately, nobody really touches it again until it is time for an agent to asses the First Stage of Approval.

In our original package, that weighed about 5 pounds, we included, of course, medical examinations plus police clearances, both of which are intended for the Second Stage of Approval. However, we were paying close attention to the expiration (expiry) dates of my wife's FBI and police clearances as well as her medicals, both of which did expire as we waited for the First Stage of Approval. Although CIC is quite forgiving when it comes to police clearances from the USA, medicals is a whole different story. However, instead of waiting for CIC to request new medicals after AIP, we made sure that they would have them way BEFORE the First Stage was assessed, which we believed would help expedite the whole process. And we were right! :D. Yes, that means that we paid twice for medicals, but if that was the one thing that was going to help my wife get her PR sooner, it was well worthy, and it proved to be the right thing to do.

I am hopeful and confident that many more people will get both stages approved at the same time, provided that all documents are valid by the time the First Stage is decided!! Do not wait for them to ask you for something you already know they will need. Be proactive! Good luck to everyone!! :)

S.

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
Serendipity said:
Got it, but what you mention is actually great news. If the agent who called you said that they would be sending you your "landing papers", most likely meaning the letter from your local CIC office for the landing interview, you most definitely got both stages approved. :)

Also, this is very good news for everyone here since this means that CIC is proactively working to expedite those cases that already fulfill with all requirements. This means shorter times for the Second Stage of Approval, which is nothing short of a total blessing.

About that, when we first sent out the application we were pretty much aware of that fact that once CIC receives the package, and verifies that all required info is there and that all forms have been filled out appropriately, nobody really touches it again until it is time for an agent to asses the First Stage of Approval.

In our original package, that weighed about 5 pounds, we included, of course, medical examinations plus police clearances, both of which are intended for the Second Stage of Approval. However, we were paying close attention to the expiration (expiry) dates of my wife's FBI and police clearances as well as her medicals, both of which did expire as we waited for the First Stage of Approval. Although CIC is quite forgiving when it comes to police clearances from the USA, medicals is a whole different story. However, instead of waiting for CIC to request new medicals after AIP, we made sure that they would have them way BEFORE the First Stage was assessed, which we believed would help expedite the whole process. And we were right! :D. Yes, that means that we paid twice for medicals, but if that was the one thing that was going to help my wife get her PR sooner, it was well worthy, and it proved to be the right thing to do.

I am hopeful and confident that many more people will get both stages approved at the same time, provided that all documents are valid by the time the First Stage is decided!! Do not wait for them to ask you for something you already know they will need. Be proactive! Good luck to everyone!! :)

S.
Serendipity,

When did you send the second medical?

Zoekitkat

Jan 9, 2012
Hi everybody!

I am being sponsored by my Canadian husband I am originally from France. We send our Inland application in January 28th 2011 and they received it on February 2nd 2011. I applied for a open working visa at the same time in the same envelop. I am now, hopefully, few days away from they're first reply (the approval of the sponsorship and the working visa).

I therefore I am curious to know if anyone near my timeline heard something already. The website is still stuck on processing application from January 14th ( it's been almost 4weeks...)
Also I am really hoping that the first envelop from the immigration that I will receive will be my working visa. Does anyone knows if it's a mistake to hope for that first? Maybe I should receive a letter saying that they're processing my application and it will take X time to complete the first step (sponsorship approve)? Can they ask me for more information from my past years...

It has been almost a year that I am waiting for my husband to be approve and to receive a working visa. I am young and I have missed a big year in my career. The year has not be easy and those last days are getting worse (mentally)... These past year I have been bored as I never through it would be possible. Feeling useless, and trying to rich a goal that will never come... Depression has always been near me, and these experience has changed me.
I am curious to hear from people that are waiting or have been waiting for their papers from an inland application. If you were not working what did you do of your days, how did you kept your life busy and kept yourself useful...

Thanks to all of you on this forum that have already gave me lots information just by reading you... I wish to all of you a lot of patience and keep the head high it's coming.