Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
Our first applicant of 2011 "Junglist82" has got her AIP. The timeline is App Received on Jan 7th, 2011.

Finally!

Junglist82

Star Member
Aug 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2011
missha said:
Our first applicant of 2011 "Junglist82" has got her AIP. The timeline is App Received on Jan 7th, 2011.

Finally!
Thanks, I didnt expect to hear from them so soon. I hope everyone gets approved really soon.

Canadagirl85

Star Member
Jan 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
23/12/10
Interview........
Waved
missha said:

Finally!

Wooo congrats Junglist82!!! 2011 apps!!!

Gemauru

Mar 28, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
AOR Received.
AIP 26-03-2012
Med's Done....
11-11-2010
LANDED..........
14-03-2012
Congratulation Junglist!!!!!! Finally they got to 2011!!!!!! You might even be lucky and get both approvals at the same time....
Let's cross our fingers!!!!!

In regards to July app who already got AIP.... Stop questioning that. Nothing will change, good for them! I wish it will be me the next lucky one!

My friend (this was a couple of years ago), got he whole thing in 32 days... they couldn't believe it...
Nothing special in their application or situation... In 2 days they received one after the other all the envelopes.
That's the only case we know... Why? How? Who knows... doesn't change my or your or nobody else application.

Just hope for the best, for an exception... but keep your feet on the ground, and wait 11 to 12 months!!!!!!

Good luck to everybody!!!!!

Gemauru

Mar 28, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
AOR Received.
AIP 26-03-2012
Med's Done....
11-11-2010
LANDED..........
14-03-2012
Junglist82 said:
Thanks, I didnt expect to hear from them so soon. I hope everyone gets approved really soon.

Is the normal time line... 11 months... Perfect..... sooooo goooooood to see, we can hope for the 11 months at least!!!!!!!

annabruce

Jan 15, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received: 01-11-2010
File Transfer...
09-10-2012 (Ottawa)
Med's Done....
30-11-2011, x-ray delayed (pregnancy), redone on August 31, 2012
I was just thinking that this visa officers and more importantly their managers, are probably under a lot of pressure to maintain the required timeline for processing applications of 10 to 11 months. So imagine being a manger in a situation where you staff has been badly slowed down for a variety of reasons. How would you mess with the statistics to show that you ensuring that your staff is doing their job in a suitable length of time?

Go do a bunch of applications from July and process them in a couple of months. Suddenly, the average timeline has been reduced, even though other applicants have been royally screwed.

Midcityjohn

Nov 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This conversation has gotten incredibly irrational. Calling call center agents with random complaints about other peoples processing times...Visita44 if you read my post, the address is in the application guide....s i m p l e. No need to post it. If u fill out the guide app then you will see it.

Schillachi

Oct 30, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2011
Med's Done....
03-06-2011
Come on now you guys all this crap talking.... For the period of say about April - say June when it took CIC has short as less than a week to open application when others had to wait 3 months. I don't remember this massive non-belief or this about copying & pasting e-cas just to prove. Its hard for 98% of us with the wait and not being able to support ourselves & all that's why we should be more focused on being happy when a fellow one of us makes it out quickly. I don't know as much about the process as most of you do, but I think less technical & political things can contribute to lengthy processing too eg. In a room there is tons of applications to be processed but if I am to be honest with my self I wouldn't readily choose one of the 7lbs (tons of papers).

Maybe too with the July applicants is../ they just implemented this new bar-code systems, so they tested them right away (beta testing, to see if the system could work)

As for calling CIC, I really don't think that will help any, I can testify that I know 2 people that has permanent residence in far less than the timeline predicted by CIC call center or website. I think of course call agents know of fast approving situations but maybe are bound by job to only state info on website, beside its being recorded and monitored so they don't want to loose their job. Correction I know 3 PR holders in less the timeline stated, here is a little proof it happens but a call agent will never admit it, PR in less than 1 month.

http://www.coastreporter.net/article/20110701/SECHELT0101/307019972/-1/sechelt/sechelt-doctor-gets-back-to-work

greyghost

Sep 22, 2011
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-04-2011
I think a couple of things.....

1. I think its ok to question the system and to politely ask a questions as to why..... Although that may be the American in me.
2. I think its ok to express appropriate frustration here because we understand and support one another through a situation only another inland applicant can understand.

MidcityJohn - No one advocated calling the center with irrational complaints. All that was suggested was a polite question. Given the nature of the Call Centre one of us might find something out. Its not about changing reality its about knowledge giving a little relief. This is a hard process and people find relief where they can.

I think the discussion is a good one...but lets be careful about making people feel bad for being frustrated and a little weary. If those lucky few want people to be happy for them, then I think they have to give that same understanding to those left waiting....

visita44

Jun 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 4, 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 27, 2011
Interview........
Mar 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2012
I agree with Greyghost.. As I said in my last post,, NO OFFENDS MEANT... I don't want to start an argument... Just want everybody to feel some relief of the pressure of waiting... So it's unfair to join this forum to not lay all the cards down when it comes to whats this Forum is all about... It will make the wait more bearable if people be fair in posting all the facts...

AGAIN --- HAPPY HOLIDAYs TO EVERYBODY

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Where we're you guys all a few weeks ago when the July people got approved? Now you are all concerned. Lol

Omg, they are already working on jan 2011. This is great news.

Jung. Go post this in the 2010 thread as they are way more knowledgable then us. I think dm is a very good thing. Amazing news. The wait is such a killer but there is light at the end of the tunnel guys.

greyghost

Sep 22, 2011
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-04-2011
LOL @ Angtao....I was hiding under the covers rocking back and forth repeating "AIP soon" over and over! :p

In Limbo

Star Member
Nov 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16, 2011
2011 Here we go!!!

dawnng

Dec 10, 2011
Hi,

I'm completely new to this thread. I have some questions and hope someone would be able to advise me.

I'm from Singapore and at present visiting my husband who is a Canadian. We were married by law in Singapore in Feb 2011 and we will be going through a customary wedding ceremony in Feb 2012. My husband would like to sponsor me as a PR in Canada (it doesn't make sense for us to be living seperately or me flying in and out once every 6 months).

I have read in other threads that the wait for applications going through the Singapore VO is extremely loooooooooooong and therefore we would like to consider applying for the sponsorship for PR when we are back in Canada in Mar or Apr 2012. Which means, our application would be an Inland Application.

Our concern, if we apply while I continue to stay here from Apr onwards - which means I would only have 6 months to wait for the result of the application, what should I do when my validity of stay here as a visitor expires and there is still no news on our application (understand that Inland Application can take ages too!). Do I apply to extend my stay as a visitor or they will allow me to continue staying till I have news of the application? I have already extended once this year, so do they allow me to extend again when we are back in Apr?

Some say that Outland Application is faster but I noticed that the processing time for Singapore is 22 months! If we apply outland, can I still visit my husband and stay in Canada and if I have news or result of my application fly back to Singapore? Not sure how or which way is the best option for us.

Can someone advice?

Canadagirl85

Star Member
Jan 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
23/12/10
Interview........
Waved
greyghost said:
I think a couple of things.....

1. I think its ok to question the system and to politely ask a questions as to why..... Although that may be the American in me.
2. I think its ok to express appropriate frustration here because we understand and support one another through a situation only another inland applicant can understand.

MidcityJohn - No one advocated calling the center with irrational complaints. All that was suggested was a polite question. Given the nature of the Call Centre one of us might find something out. Its not about changing reality its about knowledge giving a little relief. This is a hard process and people find relief where they can.

I think the discussion is a good one...but lets be careful about making people feel bad for being frustrated and a little weary. If those lucky few want people to be happy for them, then I think they have to give that same understanding to those left waiting....

I totally agree !!!

I hope I didn't offen anyone I am so happy for the people that got AIP it is just confusing to see 3 people from July getting it and the rest of us are left in the dark. I do want to call and hope maybe they can maybe give me some info.

I think the comment schillachi made makes sense... Maybe they wanted to try out the new system . I'll call and see if I hear anything different its worth a shot at least .