May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
Midcityjohn said:
Received my OWP today. An excellent holiday gift. If I had sent it with my PR app, I would have already had it. Hind sight is 20/20.
Congratulations John... would you kindly please tell us your timeline? lets say when did you send your application? etc.. thank U

Angus

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Midcityjohn said:
Received my OWP today. An excellent holiday gift. If I had sent it with my PR app, I would have already had it. Hind sight is 20/20.
Congrats Midcityjohn! Do you know what date your OWP app was received by CIC?

Deutschbug

Star Member
Dec 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-09-2012 AIP
Interview........
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2013 DM
LANDED..........
Hopefully Dec. 2013?
MrMass said:
It's frustrating to have to stay home and have your wife go out, work hard, and your at home feeling like your on unemployment(not really because we have no befits for being in this situation).

Like you said tho it's close and I'm trying to stay positive, but the holidays aren't helping considering i can't go see my family in Italy, it makes it harder to deal with the delay in process time.
This. I'm so worried that we have to use up our savings because of me not being able to work, even though I want to. I'd do anything to work. I think the main issue is not waiting for the PR, but not being able to get an OWP/OHIP sooner.

We have a 3 month old baby, and I'm currently our primary income, while my husband (Canadian citizen) is staying at home because he got laid off from work. However, my temporary work permit expires in April, and I have a hell of a hard time to find a new job, because there are not very many openings in my field non-PRs would be able to get, because it's very hard to get a positive LMO for these types of job (currently, I'm LMO exempt because I work in academia as a junior researcher, but I've pretty much maxed out all opportunities in the area since my field of work is rather exotic, and I'm also not eligible to apply for any grants/scholarships myself, because you either have to be Canadian/PR, or you are not allowed to have a PR application in process). I feel so stuck. I've been on temporary work permits for 3 years now. I'd finally like to get a real job, after all those years of schooling and doing a PhD and what not, and to enable our family to move on.

We had a super hard time to decide which immigration route to take, outland vs. inland, Canadian experience class, etc. But the waiting times seem so random, with some people getting approved within 4 months and some waiting for more than a year. It really sucks. Right now, I'm having second thoughts if inland was the right thing to do, because I feel so trapped. Our main consideration was that this will hopefully get me an OWP as soon as possible, and OHIP eligibility. However, since we started gathering our documents, the waiting time has jumped from 9 months to 12. And then again, there are people who do get the AIP a lot quicker... I really wonder what it depends on!

Midcityjohn

Nov 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My timeline follows app sent:7-2011, app received:7-2011, app in process: 10-2011, AIP: 10-2011, OWP app received: 10-2011, Med results received 11-2011, OWP received: 12-2011.

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
Great... this is awesome... I guess there is a CIC Officer working well and harder than the others :) these type of news makes me so happy... thank you for sharing your timeline...

MrMass

Nov 26, 2011
Midcityjohn so it took them 5 Months to give you your papers. It took only 3 months for the AIP. and then 60 days for the OWP!
wow, i have to say congratulations to you (luckier then most of us) but i have to say that it doesn't make me any happier with immigration.

Basically i should have just gotten lucky and applied in July and by now i would have been sorted. i mean instead of them working hard on the applications which have been in the pipeline they pick up the earlier ones so then their average processing time goes down and makes it seem better, Meanwhile the older applications have a longer waiting time.

It's like having a huge line in-front of a club and then there's a bouncer that lets in who ever they want, so then the club stays happening, while everyone sits their butts outside looking in.

You have people like Deutschbug that's in a hard situation. If you're unable to find work and your left waiting for someone to process your file, so then what can you do, update your address to "Under a Bridge". This is what i mean about being a dog waiting for a bone.

MrMass

Nov 26, 2011
I apologize for my previous post.

Just ticked off and bored of waiting for papers to come through the mail.

INSANE!!!!

Angus

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Midcityjohn said:
My timeline follows app sent:7-2011, app received:7-2011, app in process: 10-2011, AIP: 10-2011, OWP app received: 10-2011, Med results received 11-2011, OWP received: 12-2011.
Such awesome news - congratulations!

Did you write something on the front of the envelope (with your OWP app) to indicate that it was urgent? Also what address and postcode did you send it to?

I sent my OWP in and it was received October 3, but whenever I call they just say they are opening mail from July, 2011. So just wondering how much truth is in that.

Sorry for all the questions and Thanks again!

karma123

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2011
Hello! I would like to make a question please, What should I do if i want to send more information to my file, because I think I didn't send enough photos of our relationship, so I would like to add a hundred of them... But i don't know how, because I read somewhere that they put the letter in the cover of the envelope with the name of both sponsor and sponsored and both client numbers... in addition of the phrase PLEASE ADD TO FILE ASAP, so in this way CIC added the information sooner that in other cases. Is this the correct form??? Please can someone help me??

And my other question is if each photo must be accompanied of an explanation of places, dates and people who is in the photo or just places and people...or just send the photos. ???

I will appreciate your help very much.

Thank you.

Midcityjohn

Nov 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Angus, all I wrote on the envelope was the address to the work permit department provided in the application guide. I have read posts detailing other addresses and things to write on the OWP envelope. But I could not see anything to back up such claims. I just followed the instructions and hoped for the best.

MrMass, no need to apologize. Everyone here understands the frustrations of going through the CIC process.

visita44

Jun 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 4, 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 27, 2011
Interview........
Mar 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2012
Midcityjohn said:
Angus, all I wrote on the envelope was the address to the work permit department provided in the application guide. I have read posts detailing other addresses and things to write on the OWP envelope. But I could not see anything to back up such claims. I just followed the instructions and hoped for the best.

MrMass, no need to apologize. Everyone here understands the frustrations of going through the CIC process.
Can you PLEASE post here the address you use to send your OWP application ? Thanks

Angus

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Midcityjohn said:

Thanks! Will just re-send mine there then

ilovecanada4ever

Star Member
Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
Med's Done....
30-06-2011
MrMass said:
hey ilovecanada4ever, i wanted to thank you for your kind words and explanation. Your right, it's just when someone is telling you how to live your life it's kind of hard to accept.

I can also understand the fact of seeing if your truly a couple but I've been with my wife now 4 years and i'm not planning to go anywhere with out her. I think if anything it really puts a hold or real strain in your relationship as well. It's frustrating to have to stay home and have your wife go out, work hard, and your at home feeling like your on unemployment(not really because we have no befits for being in this situation).

Like you said tho it's close and I'm trying to stay positive, but the holidays aren't helping considering i can't go see my family in Italy, it makes it harder to deal with the delay in process time.

I want to congratulate you Midcityjohn, i think I'd probably flip out or pass out if i saw that in the mail. It's good to hear some positive news.
We can't change the process as it's out of our hands, we can be frustrated while waiting for the day to come but we can't let it beat us down. We need to make full use of our free time because we know that we will lose our freedom as soon as we are able to work again.

I hope you can make it to meet your family in Italy. I always wanted to visit Italy. What an artistic country!

ilovecanada4ever

Star Member
Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
Med's Done....
30-06-2011
Deutschbug said:
This. I'm so worried that we have to use up our savings because of me not being able to work, even though I want to. I'd do anything to work. I think the main issue is not waiting for the PR, but not being able to get an OWP/OHIP sooner.

We have a 3 month old baby, and I'm currently our primary income, while my husband (Canadian citizen) is staying at home because he got laid off from work. However, my temporary work permit expires in April, and I have a hell of a hard time to find a new job, because there are not very many openings in my field non-PRs would be able to get, because it's very hard to get a positive LMO for these types of job (currently, I'm LMO exempt because I work in academia as a junior researcher, but I've pretty much maxed out all opportunities in the area since my field of work is rather exotic, and I'm also not eligible to apply for any grants/scholarships myself, because you either have to be Canadian/PR, or you are not allowed to have a PR application in process). I feel so stuck. I've been on temporary work permits for 3 years now. I'd finally like to get a real job, after all those years of schooling and doing a PhD and what not, and to enable our family to move on.

We had a super hard time to decide which immigration route to take, outland vs. inland, Canadian experience class, etc. But the waiting times seem so random, with some people getting approved within 4 months and some waiting for more than a year. It really sucks. Right now, I'm having second thoughts if inland was the right thing to do, because I feel so trapped. Our main consideration was that this will hopefully get me an OWP as soon as possible, and OHIP eligibility. However, since we started gathering our documents, the waiting time has jumped from 9 months to 12. And then again, there are people who do get the AIP a lot quicker... I really wonder what it depends on!
Hi Deutschbug, Congratulations on your new born baby! I can understand how you feel about the whole new situation now. If you asked me the question on whether it's faster to apply through inland or outland two months ago, I would give you a definite answer. But as you see it, some peeps received their OWP in 2-3 months from inland, so, it's like a gamble until we are sure about what makes them to get it in such a short period! Remember though, CIC has the edge!

Good Luck!

ilovecanada4ever

Star Member
Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
Med's Done....
30-06-2011
MrMass said:
It's like having a huge line in-front of a club and then there's a bouncer that lets in who ever they want, so then the club stays happening, while everyone sits their butts outside looking in.
I won't think of it as someone cuts in the line tho. If the rules are changed in June, people from the back have to follow the old rules, otherwise it will complicate more applications. This is how government usually works.