Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep-2011
computergeek said:
Fire them. Send in the representative form to CIC indicating that you are withdrawing them as your representative. That will prevent any further information going to them.
Thank u !

I might do something after I landed .......

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
debbie690 said:
Thank u !

I might do something after I landed .......
After you land, all you can do is file a complaint. My thinking was that you might not want any more correspondence going to them. But if that doesn't matter, then by all means, wait until you are done and then file a complaint. http://www.iccrc-crcic.ca/home.cfm?setLanCookie=En

It's right on the front page.

debbie690

Jan 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep-2011
computergeek said:
After you land, all you can do is file a complaint. My thinking was that you might not want any more correspondence going to them. But if that doesn't matter, then by all means, wait until you are done and then file a complaint. http://www.iccrc-crcic.ca/home.cfm?setLanCookie=En

It's right on the front page.
Thank for all information !

Zion786

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
Hello again ppl,

Just an update, Ive been in background checks for 26 months now. File was transferred to montreal(local office) for further 2nd stage review. Got AIP in sep 2012. My lawyer sent the Montreal office a letter demanding an explanation, they have not replied for 2 months now. Lawyer says she will now send a letter every week, which makes our case if we take this to court a stronger one. Inland sponsorship btw.

My question is of I do end up taking this to court, how much will it cost and will it take really long anyway?

Thanks
Zion.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Zion786 said:
Just an update, Ive been in background checks for 26 months now. File was transferred to montreal(local office) for further 2nd stage review. Got AIP in sep 2012. My lawyer sent the Montreal office a letter demanding an explanation, they have not replied for 2 months now. Lawyer says she will now send a letter every week, which makes our case if we take this to court a stronger one. Inland sponsorship btw.
Well, you really should be asking your attorney.

What you would be seeking is Mandamus - an order from the court compelling CIC to make a decision. Almost no Mandamus cases make it to hearing - that's because Justice Canada pushes CIC to "finish it up" and make the issue go away, especially when its clear the delay has become unreasonable.

POLICAP

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
What a surprise Email!!!!!

Since March, 2011 my family's Inland PR application was finally approved this Morning by CIC.

A dependant security Checks took more than a year to be completed for a child who entered Canada as a Minor ( No Criminal Record). While the Security Checks for the Principal applicant took only 3 months. This is ridiculous! But at last his security checks came back last week. This morning , I received an email for Landing.

It was a long journey for them. In 2003, I applied for PR for them, it was denied in June 2005 for lack of insurficient supporting documents. With these frustrations, I moved to US. I have been living and working in the US since 2005. I used my Status in US to bring them into US. We lived there for about 2 years and I applied for visitor visa for them into Canada in 2010. This was granted by an officer who really understands what she was doing. With is, I was able to bring them into Canada. In January, 2011, I pushed in their Inland PR application. They started processing their application in March, 2011. In May, 2012 the application was transferred to Local Office for further processing. They were invited for Interview in September, 2012. We got AIP in January, 2013. With this they applied for OHIP, and OWP.
Since that time they have been asking for a series of information and documents which they already has in file, They did Medical 2 times. CIC requested for the 3rd Medical which I refused. US FBI Security Clearance, US State Clearance, Landing fees. DNA Test. They never asked for all this at once, They were asking for each document in piecemeal. My MP wadded in and the Immigration Prime Minister, All these people has no power on them at all.
They will do whatever they want. Nobody has control over them. This is bureaucratic power.
I left them alone. I kept on praying. If you have power, you have no power than "GOD" who is the Creator of all human beings. At the end, the application was approved.

This is my Story!!

POLICAP

Reactions: Eveslm

Watchie

Mar 1, 2013
POLICAP said:
What a surprise Email!!!!!

Since March, 2011 my family's Inland PR application was finally approved this Morning by CIC.

A dependant security Checks took more than a year to be completed for a child who entered Canada as a Minor ( No Criminal Record). While the Security Checks for the Principal applicant took only 3 months. This is ridiculous! But at last his security checks came back last week. This morning , I received an email for Landing.

It was a long journey for them. In 2003, I applied for PR for them, it was denied in June 2005 for lack of insurficient supporting documents. With these frustrations, I moved to US. I have been living and working in the US since 2005. I used my Status in US to bring them into US. We lived there for about 2 years and I applied for visitor visa for them into Canada in 2010. This was granted by an officer who really understands what she was doing. With is, I was able to bring them into Canada. In January, 2011, I pushed in their Inland PR application. They started processing their application in March, 2011. In May, 2012 the application was transferred to Local Office for further processing. They were invited for Interview in September, 2012. We got AIP in January, 2013. With this they applied for OHIP, and OWP.
Since that time they have been asking for a series of information and documents which they already has in file, They did Medical 2 times. CIC requested for the 3rd Medical which I refused. US FBI Security Clearance, US State Clearance, Landing fees. DNA Test. They never asked for all this at once, They were asking for each document in piecemeal. My MP wadded in and the Immigration Prime Minister, All these people has no power on them at all.
They will do whatever they want. Nobody has control over them. This is bureaucratic power.
I left them alone. I kept on praying. If you have power, you have no power than "GOD" who is the Creator of all human beings. At the end, the application was approved.

This is my Story!!

POLICAP
wow, Amen!!! I won't even comment about this process because it will be like preaching to the choir or like a broken record, all I can say is the day shall come. Just hang in there. things people have to do by choice is simple ridiculous. 2011 application hold tight, election is coming sooner than later which CIC will get the process moving.

POLICAP

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Finally, My Family landed yesterday at CIC Etobicoke. In the latter, there was no time in the letter but we decided to go there early as 7.30am.

We presented the landing letter, my family name was on the list but we found out that the interview was scheduled for 1.00PM ET. To my surprise, we are the first to be landed. We were also told that we may receive PR card in the mail in about 19 days,

The Journey is over.

Thank God it is over. I wish those of you awaiting PR approval all the best. These processes will strengthen your faith.

POLICAP

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
POLICAP said:
Finally, My Family landed yesterday at CIC Etobicoke. In the latter, there was no time in the letter but we decided to go there early as 7.30am.

We presented the landing letter, my family name was on the list but we found out that the interview was scheduled for 1.00PM ET. To my surprise, we are the first to be landed. We were also told that we may receive PR card in the mail in about 19 days,

The Journey is over.

Thank God it is over. I wish those of you awaiting PR approval all the best. These processes will strengthen your faith.

POLICAP
Congratulations! It may be time to "turn off the lights" in the Inland 2011 post...

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Zion786 said:
Im still here, in stage 2 for 27 months now. Any other 2011 inland application left?,
:-[

Any idea why it's taking so long for your case?

Zion786

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
Well, I received AIP in Sep 2012. In Oct 2012 file was transferred to Montreal for further assessment. My case notes revealed that there were "identity issues". I have been charged for a crime in Canada but got a discharged and was never convicted. So for the last 27 months they haven't been able to determine whether I am who I say I am or at least that's my understanding of "identity issues". I contacted CSIS and they cleared me in July 2012. My lawyer contacted Montreal office around 3 months ago, since then we have sent them more than 10 letters asking for an explanation, and they haven't replied.

I am so confused!!!!!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Zion786 said:
Well, I received AIP in Sep 2012. In Oct 2012 file was transferred to Montreal for further assessment. My case notes revealed that there were "identity issues". I have been charged for a crime in Canada but got a discharged and was never convicted. So for the last 27 months they haven't been able to determine whether I am who I say I am or at least that's my understanding of "identity issues". I contacted CSIS and they cleared me in July 2012. My lawyer contacted Montreal office around 3 months ago, since then we have sent them more than 10 letters asking for an explanation, and they haven't replied.

I am so confused!!!!!
Sigh. It does seem that complex cases can take longer. Of course, you're probably now reaching the point that your attorney could go to Federal Court and request Mandamus - that generally seems to kick CIC into gear. It's an expensive option, though...

Have you contacted the MP for your riding asking them to intercede on your behalf? Sometimes the political angle works well.

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
computergeek said:
Sigh. It does seem that complex cases can take longer. Of course, you're probably now reaching the point that your attorney could go to Federal Court and request Mandamus - that generally seems to kick CIC into gear. It's an expensive option, though...

Have you contacted the MP for your riding asking them to intercede on your behalf? Sometimes the political angle works well.
Do you know what is the wait time you need to pass prior to requesting a Mandamus? You say it's expensive? This isn't something that can be undertaken on your own without a lawyer?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
ACS said:
Do you know what is the wait time you need to pass prior to requesting a Mandamus? You say it's expensive? This isn't something that can be undertaken on your own without a lawyer?
There's no numeric limit, you just have to be beyond a reasonable time-frame. 2 years for an 8 months process seems to fall into that category.

Technically you do not HAVE to use an attorney, but Federal Court filings are legal proceedings and if you aren't comfortable drafting legal documents it's not going to work so well. But if you wanted to do it yourself, there are ways to accomplish that for little more than the filing fee ($50), some copying costs (a few hundred) and legal service fees (the initial filing is deemed served by filing with the Registry but everything after that must be served on Justice Canada as they represent CIC.) Having an attorney draft and file the documents will typically cost $3-5k and lots of attorneys have never filed in Federal Court (and even fewer have filed for Mandamus).

If I were doing it myself, I'd look through successful Mandamus decisions and pull the docket filings for those (part of the copying fees - you get them from the Registry). That provides a model for what successful Mandamus filings should look like.