Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011: application received
Doc's Request.
07-21-2011: received AIP & PPR request
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
Besunshine said:
Has anyone been requested fingerprints on the letter they received saying they got AIP?

If yes, how long did it take until your 2nd stage status changed to Decision Made?

We initially sent our canadian criminal record check (with digital fingerprints from commissionaires) together with our completed application, but they still requested fingerprints again, so we went back to commsionaires to do it again. The lady there told us that CIC i now requesting for traditional ink and roll prints this time around, so that is what we did. Amyone else had the same experience?

they requested finger prints for my application too but they didn't say it has to be ink, initially I was gonna do ink but I was told the digital was faster so that's what I did and it was all good. the timing depends on the checks. if they have done the clearance checkup already but they want a another copy of your finger prints then it shouldn't take long. but if the checkup is not done yet. it might take 2 months. and this wait time is due to RCMP being a bit slow at the process I've been told. CIC checks with them and waits for an answer.

i'm sure they accept digital as mine was digital (unless something has changed since I landed). did the lady in the fingerprinting location told you it has to be ink?

Besunshine

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
kitchener_inland said:
they requested finger prints for my application too but they didn't say it has to be ink, initially I was gonna do ink but I was told the digital was faster so that's what I did and it was all good. the timing depends on the checks. if they have done the clearance checkup already but they want a another copy of your finger prints then it shouldn't take long. but if the checkup is not done yet. it might take 2 months. and this wait time is due to RCMP being a bit slow at the process I've been told. CIC checks with them and waits for an answer.

i'm sure they accept digital as mine was digital (unless something has changed since I landed). did the lady in the fingerprinting location told you it has to be ink?

We initially did digital ones and got it sent to the rcmp amd then they mail us back a letter saying that no criminal revord wasnfoind, and we included this letter from the rcmp with our application. We told this to the lady at the fingerprinting place and she said she's seen a similar situation before amd said that we should do ink ones this time around cuz maybe CIC wants a physical hard copy of fingerprints. I dont know... I hope we did the right thing

gjfst

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
London , ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ItisTime said:
Does anyone on this forum knows where I can get information describing what I am eligible to do with AIP?

Thanks!
With AIP:

You can apply for OHIP , (you are coverd after 3 month of your AIP)
Apply for Work permit, (with that you can apply for social insurance number)
With the SIN you can get a job , debit card.
Basically that's it , you can work and you can make money.(which is awesome)
Nothing special other than that...

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
kitchener_inland said:

Hi there they requested my ink finger prints on 6th nov. Since then I m waiting.

Naz

labhouise

Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 07 2011
Doc's Request.
24 04 2012
Passport Req..
AIP & OWP Oct 1 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan. 29th 2013
LANDED..........
Feb 14th 2013
nazam80 said:
Hi there they requested my ink finger prints on 6th nov. Since then I m waiting.

Naz
Hi

They requested my Ink fingerprints on April 28th
They received them May 3rd
I got Aip on Oct 1st
They sent my fingerorints to RCMP on Sept. 19th and CIC still haven't got them back.
According to the RCMP website, it can take 18 weeks plus !! :(

Besunshine

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
labhouise said:
Hi

They requested my Ink fingerprints on April 28th
They received them May 3rd
I got Aip on Oct 1st
They sent my fingerorints to RCMP on Sept. 19th and CIC still haven't got them back.
According to the RCMP website, it can take 18 weeks plus !! :(
Did they specifically say 'ink' fingerprints in the letter to u? My letter just stated 'original' fingerprints. In your case, did you include a RCMP background check togethernwith your application? I included mine, so i dont understand why they asked for fingerprints again

labhouise

Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 07 2011
Doc's Request.
24 04 2012
Passport Req..
AIP & OWP Oct 1 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan. 29th 2013
LANDED..........
Feb 14th 2013
Besunshine said:
Did they specifically say 'ink' fingerprints in the letter to u? My letter just stated 'original' fingerprints. In your case, did you include a RCMP background check togethernwith your application? I included mine, so i dont understand why they asked for fingerprints again
Hi
My letter said the same as yours, original fingerprints. When I went to get them done the guy said I should get ink ones done.
I didn't include a background check with my application.

Hopefully we will hear something soon

Lab

Besunshine

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
labhouise said:
Hi
My letter said the same as yours, original fingerprints. When I went to get them done the guy said I should get ink ones done.

Lab
Thanks Lab,
Thats exactly what the lady at the fingerprint place told me too; but i was wondering why CIC would want 'ink' ones as opposed to digital ones since those can be processed much quicker. O well, we did as we were told. Hopefully it wont take too long. good luck!

Besunshine

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
labhouise said:
Hi

Lab
Another question, how did you know what date your fingerprints were sent to the RCMP? Did you just call the call centre??

Thanks,
Besunshine

labhouise

Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 07 2011
Doc's Request.
24 04 2012
Passport Req..
AIP & OWP Oct 1 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan. 29th 2013
LANDED..........
Feb 14th 2013
Besunshine said:
Another question, how did you know what date your fingerprints were sent to the RCMP? Did you just call the call centre??

Thanks,
Besunshine
Hi
I found it on my Foss notes
And when I called CIC they said they haven't received the results yet :(

Lab

anticipation

Star Member
Apr 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14,2011
AOR Received.
March 1, 2012
File Transfer...
DM Received February 21
Med's Request
11-09-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012 received in Ottawa
LANDED..........
ON 24-04-2013. Yeah!
I think many would agree that it is not just the waiting that is stressful. It is the lack of communication which makes wonder whether your file has fallen under the desk.

The immigration fairy, swoops down and gives you AIP and a work permit, asks for an additional medical exam. You are joyful! You scurry to get in the exam and then, silence, and some more silence. You scan the skys for signs of the immigration fairy...

So, I'd like to work on suggestions on how to increase communication.
What if they sent an e-mail update on BF date? It could even be some what automated. We're waiting for ..... You're next BF date is.... Then maybe the call center would have a lot less traffic from stressed out immigrants. It could be argued that this would slow down work, but if the officer is looking at the file anyway, it would take 1 minute to send off an little e-mail.
Any other ideas? Comments?

avigtr

Jan 11, 2012
Good news my fellow 2011 applicants!
After 18 months of waiting I just got my decision made in my Ecas.
I really felt that when the day will come I won't be ecstatic as for all of those days of checking the ecas and being disappointed but I was wrong! I jumped around for about 30 minutes :)))
I guess they looked at my timeline and said oops one more month and we will get a call from a MP :)
I will update soon,

Thanks for everything

labhouise

Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 07 2011
Doc's Request.
24 04 2012
Passport Req..
AIP & OWP Oct 1 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan. 29th 2013
LANDED..........
Feb 14th 2013
avigtr said:
Good news my fellow 2011 applicants!
After 18 months of waiting I just got my decision made in my Ecas.
I really felt that when the day will come I won't be ecstatic as for all of those days of checking the ecas and being disappointed but I was wrong! I jumped around for about 30 minutes :)))
I guess they looked at my timeline and said oops one more month and we will get a call from a MP :)
I will update soon,

Thanks for everything
Great News :) :) :) Congrats 8) 8) 8)