Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 6th 2011
Doc's Request.
July 18th 2012
Med's Done....
July 31st 2012
Congratulations waiting mode!!

I got a question if u have time...I suppose you are gonna start celebrate this amazing moment :)

I saw from your timeline CIC requested you further docs in March. Well, I applied Sept 2011 and July 2012 CIC requested more evidence of my relationship and because I didn't do my medical exams last year I decided to do them now, hoping I will make step 2 a bit faster.

Did you get step 1 and 2 approved at the same time after u sent more docs?

labhouise

Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 07 2011
Doc's Request.
24 04 2012
Passport Req..
AIP & OWP Oct 1 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan. 29th 2013
LANDED..........
Feb 14th 2013
LauraCanada said:

I got a question if u have time...I suppose you are gonna start celebrate this amazing moment :)

I saw from your timeline CIC requested you further docs in March. Well, I applied Sept 2011 and July 2012 CIC requested more evidence of my relationship and because I didn't do my medical exams last year I decided to do them now, hoping I will make step 2 a bit faster.

Hi Laura

I'm in a similar situation to you, just a few months earlier
I applied July 2011
CIC requested more information April 25th 2012
They received it May 10th 2012
And I'm still waiting

waiting mode^__*

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21, 2011 AIP & WP.... March 19, 2012
Doc's Request.
PCC - March 19, 2012
Med's Request
March 19, 2012
Med's Done....
April 21, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
LauraCanada said:

Thanks Laura ^__^

For your query... I got my AIP ( & asking me to do medical & send PCC), work permit, sponsor approval on March 2012. I did not get step 1 & 2 approval at the same time.

You have to submit a of proof of relationship right away. Once CIC received them ( hopefully there is no back log in opening additional info. ), your file will be open again & an IO can make a decision by that time & you will get your AIP. And if you can do your medical right away & will show in there system right away ( hopefully ) you might get stage 1 & 2 approval at the same time.

LauraCanada

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 6th 2011
Doc's Request.
July 18th 2012
Med's Done....
July 31st 2012
Thanks for you reply waiting mode.

I received the letter on July 24th and sent everything on August 1st - 1 week only. I couldn't do it any faster.
I also did my medical exams last monday and the doctor told me in 1 week my medicals will be in Ottawa and then Ottawa will sent them to Vegreville.

It's just so frustrating waiting...but what can I do? Just dreaming that the moment in which I will be a Permanent Resident will come soon :)))

LauraCanada

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 6th 2011
Doc's Request.
July 18th 2012
Med's Done....
July 31st 2012
labhouise said:
Hi Laura

I'm in a similar situation to you, just a few months earlier
I applied July 2011
CIC requested more information April 25th 2012
They received it May 10th 2012
And I'm still waiting
I hope you will get a reply from CIC soon. It has already been 3 months for you :( Consider CIC slows down during summer so that might the reason.
I'm trying to be optimistic I really would love to be done by the end of this year.

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
Hi congrats!
I just want ti know when the cic ask for additional proof do they send it to you directly or to ur sponsor? Do they send it u by mail or email thanks!

waiting mode^__* said:
Thanks Laura ^__^

For your query... I got my AIP ( & asking me to do medical & send PCC), work permit, sponsor approval on March 2012. I did not get step 1 & 2 approval at the same time.

You have to submit a of proof of relationship right away. Once CIC received them ( hopefully there is no back log in opening additional info. ), your file will be open again & an IO can make a decision by that time & you will get your AIP. And if you can do your medical right away & will show in there system right away ( hopefully ) you might get stage 1 & 2 approval at the same time.

LauraCanada

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 6th 2011
Doc's Request.
July 18th 2012
Med's Done....
July 31st 2012
xxpazaway said:
Hi congrats!
I just want ti know when the cic ask for additional proof do they send it to you directly or to ur sponsor? Do they send it u by mail or email thanks!
The letter was for me (applicant) and CIC sent it via mail.

labhouise

Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 07 2011
Doc's Request.
24 04 2012
Passport Req..
AIP & OWP Oct 1 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan. 29th 2013
LANDED..........
Feb 14th 2013
LauraCanada said:
I hope you will get a reply from CIC soon. It has already been 3 months for you :( Consider CIC slows down during summer so that might the reason.
I'm trying to be optimistic I really would love to be done by the end of this year.
I'm trying to be optimistic too but as the time goes by it gets harder
Let's hope we both get good news soon

Lab

labhouise

Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 07 2011
Doc's Request.
24 04 2012
Passport Req..
AIP & OWP Oct 1 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan. 29th 2013
LANDED..........
Feb 14th 2013
LauraCanada said:
The letter was for me (applicant) and CIC sent it via mail.
Same here.
Lab

LauraCanada

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 6th 2011
Doc's Request.
July 18th 2012
Med's Done....
July 31st 2012
labhouise said:
I'm trying to be optimistic too but as the time goes by it gets harder
Let's hope we both get good news soon

Lab
You should have seen me when I got the letter. At the beginning I was so excited that I could not even open it, then I read it and I thought I would have died. I was so angry, mostly with myself. After a week, today is the first day that I feel better.
I thought about going away 2 days by myself cos I didnt want my partner to be negatively influenced by my mood. But then I am not a child, problems dont get solved by leaving but by solving them. I sent everything I could do to prove we are in a genuine relationship.
I started to be positive again and to think that one day I will tell our story to our future kids and we will be a good example/model of love, commitment and support toward each other, we will tell them everything their mommy and daddy did to be together for life. Plus, it's a good test for us as couple because CIC is giving us the opportunity to see how strong and in love we are. Not that we really need this test, we already knew how much in love we are but I think this frustrating wait is making me realise how lucky I am to have met the other half of my apple (that's an Italian expression, not sure if in English makes sense lol).

Sorry I am a very romantic Italian loool

We will get there and trust me I will organise a huge celebration party once I get my PR :D All forum is invited :D

waiting mode^__*

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21, 2011 AIP & WP.... March 19, 2012
Doc's Request.
PCC - March 19, 2012
Med's Request
March 19, 2012
Med's Done....
April 21, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
LauraCanada said:
Thanks for you reply waiting mode.

I received the letter on July 24th and sent everything on August 1st - 1 week only. I couldn't do it any faster.
I also did my medical exams last monday and the doctor told me in 1 week my medicals will be in Ottawa and then Ottawa will sent them to Vegreville.

It's just so frustrating waiting...but what can I do? Just dreaming that the moment in which I will be a Permanent Resident will come soon :)))
Hi again Laura, I think once your additional proof of relationship received & an IO will open your file again, an IO can make a decision by that time, nothing to verify with docs. such as proof of relationship I think but you might want also to wish that your file will be open once your Medical result is in there system. Hopefully you will get an AIP soon for now. And if you don't have any dependent children from your back home it shouldn't be a long wait for the second stage. RCMP & verifying background check should not be a long waiting game. With my case my BFD was June 20, I called them on the 21st & call center said that they are just verifying background check now. After 3 weeks I got my 2nd stage.

And you are right that we can't do much!!! Don't let yourself be stress with the waiting. I am myself was so stressed too with waiting process, looking back now I shouldn't be.

Just funny of you when you said the you will throw a party once you get your PR & everybody in the forum will be invited, haha... Is it gonna be CanadaVisa "Inland Spousal Sponsorship Forum Party", lol... JUst wanna make you smile ^__^

labhouise

Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 07 2011
Doc's Request.
24 04 2012
Passport Req..
AIP & OWP Oct 1 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan. 29th 2013
LANDED..........
Feb 14th 2013
LauraCanada said:
You should have seen me when I got the letter. At the beginning I was so excited that I could not even open it, then I read it and I thought I would have died. I was so angry, mostly with myself. After a week, today is the first day that I feel better.
I thought about going away 2 days by myself cos I didnt want my partner to be negatively influenced by my mood. But then I am not a child, problems dont get solved by leaving but by solving them. I sent everything I could do to prove we are in a genuine relationship.
I started to be positive again and to think that one day I will tell our story to our future kids and we will be a good example/model of love, commitment and support toward each other, we will tell them everything their mommy and daddy did to be together for life. Plus, it's a good test for us as couple because CIC is giving us the opportunity to see how strong and in love we are. Not that we really need this test, we already knew how much in love we are but I think this frustrating wait is making me realise how lucky I am to have met the other half of my apple (that's an Italian expression, not sure if in English makes sense lol).

Sorry I am a very romantic Italian loool

We will get there and trust me I will organise a huge celebration party once I get my PR :D All forum is invited :D
I love your quote, the other half of the apple !!
I hope we do hear soon, but I am loosing hope to be honest. Its been 3 months now.
My hubby is great support bu he sees how stressed I am.
But we have our little guys 1st birthday coming up in 2 weeks, so I will concentrate on that :)

labhouise

Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 07 2011
Doc's Request.
24 04 2012
Passport Req..
AIP & OWP Oct 1 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan. 29th 2013
LANDED..........
Feb 14th 2013
waiting mode^__* said:
Hi again Laura, I think once your additional proof of relationship received & an IO will open your file again, an IO can make a decision by that time, nothing to verify with docs. such as proof of relationship I think but you might want also to wish that your file will be open once your Medical result is in there system. Hopefully you will get an AIP soon for now. And if you don't have any dependent children from your back home it shouldn't be a long wait for the second stage. RCMP & verifying background check should not be a long waiting game. With my case my BFD was June 20, I called them on the 21st & call center said that they are just verifying background check now. After 3 weeks I got my 2nd stage.

And you are right that we can't do much!!! Don't let yourself be stress with the waiting. I am myself was so stressed too with waiting process, looking back now I shouldn't be.

Just funny of you when you said the you will throw a party once you get your PR & everybody in the forum will be invited, haha... Is it gonna be CanadaVisa "Inland Spousal Sponsorship Forum Party", lol... JUst wanna make you smile ^__^
Hi Waiting
Congrats on your success story !!
I hope to hear something soon . CIC did tell me that my medical results have been updated on the system, so I'm hoping this is good news

Lab

LauraCanada

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 6th 2011
Doc's Request.
July 18th 2012
Med's Done....
July 31st 2012
waiting mode^__* said:

Our case is very simple: no kids, no previous marriages, no criminal records (we never even got a speed or alcohol ticket lol), I did my medicals and I should be ok (only time I've been in a hospital was for the appendix 20 years ago and on monday my blood pressure and heart beat were perfect). I sent my police certificates last year and CIC told me they don't expire (also I haven't gone back to Italy since I applied for PR).

Only because you are so nice :) I got another question if u have time: Did you sent also Canadian police certificate? I didn't because I believed if CIC wants they can check, but I read lots of people did it. I also sent to CIC copies of our Ontario driver's licences just in case they wanna check, they have already the numbers :) trying to make their job easier lol

Oh yeah MEGA PARTY IN TORONTO...when? who knows...But I will do it! and straight after we are organising our wedding in Barbados in April 2013 (if my PR gets approved)

My partner always tell me that one/two years waiting compare to a lifetime together is nothing :) and he's right!

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
Deutschbug said:
You know what, I stopped checking several months back because it just wasn't moving at all anymore. I was so glad to have the forums, I would have gone bonkers thinking they are processing April the entire time.

On a slightly different note, I still haven't heard anything again about my job offer :( I'm scared they'll withdraw it again because it's just too complicated and takes too long to hire a foreigner. If it does work out, it also looks like I have to flagpole to renew my work permit, which scares the bejeezus out of me because there's always a risk they might deny re-entry. Man, do I ever wish for our file to finally come up on top of the pile. It's really only a couple of months left, though. I can't believe we've been waiting this long.
We here completely understand what you mean dear!!!!!! Hang in there and good things will come. Wish you the best luck and please keep us updated!

johanna125 said:
Hi canadianwife43 and hatrang.
Thanks for the update. I stopped checking the processing time website a few months ago because I'm tired of seeing "Working on applications received on April 30, 2011". I think the last time I checked it was sometime in May 2012 and I stopped after that.

Thanks to CIC for updating the processing website. At least now, we'll have a clearer picture of what's going on there.

Good luck everyone.
Oh boys! Seem like CIC succeeded to discourage most of us ;D
Anyway, when CIC threw out an update, this forum is warm up 8)

Congrats to waiting mode, finally you've got there! I'm convincing myself 1 more month to go, be patient and be patient!!!!