Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
TheProfessorsWife said:
Hello BeSunshine,

The OWP is $150.00 CAD

TPW
What is the requirement for owp? I didnt send it with my application but i was gonna send it with my new passport. Thanks in advance

TheProfessorsWife

Star Member
Jul 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 4, 2011
AOR Received.
August 15, 2012
Med's Done....
June 8,2011
xxpazaway said:
What is the requirement for owp? I didnt send it with my application but i was gonna send it with my new passport. Thanks in advance
If you didn't send it with your application you might not be able to send it at all at this point. Are you on a visa right now xxpazaway? If so you need to send it in a month before your visa expires, however, you are only eligible to apply for it if you are sending in a PR application if you are on a visitor's visa. Although, I just looked at the CIC website and it states that you can now apply online, so you might want to go ahead and do that and attach your RECEIPT # of your PR application a long with a note of explanation stating you have an application in process (and a letter from Immigration Canada stating such - if you have it). I'm pretty sure in order to have "implied" status you needed to have sent the OWP App with the PR App. You might want to go ahead an give the call center a buzz and see what they have to say... I was told I must send both the applications together in the same envelope with the OWP on top!

Here's a link to the "Application to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada as a Worker" page on the CIC website you might find more information there. I hope this helps!
TPW

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
xxpazaway said:
you wil be better off by waiting for your AIP then online or if you already have AIP go online and appl. thats the only requirement

stefi

Jun 26, 2012
Hi All!
there is something i still don't understand.. when i go and check online all it says is App received on august 11, 2011 - under both sponsorship app and PR application. everybody else in the forum seems to have: app received on... and then, started processing on ... etc. Any ideas? thanks so much in advance. :)

cililoca

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 5 2011
adrian_calgary said:
When I updated my address online (albeit it was within the same city as before) it took 3 weeks to see the change online.

If I were you, I would call CIC and tell them that you've moved on the day they sent the letter, and that you weren't aware that they were processing August applications yet as it says 'April 30' on the CIC website. Ask them if they can see the address change that you've made online.
Thanks Adrian, but actually I went to Canada post 1 week before we moved and did the address forwarding, so I don't think I will miss the letter at all. I called CIC, our application is approved and they sent us a letter. I believe it will come here next week or so. I changed my address in the website but again asked the CIC agent to do it as well.

I think it should be fine, they will only have to schedule the landing interview here in Alberta.

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
Any update from August applicants? Im so excited if someone got good news!

Markm

Jun 1, 2012
TheProfessorsWife said:
If you didn't send it with your application you might not be able to send it at all at this point. Are you on a visa right now xxpazaway? If so you need to send it in a month before your visa expires, however, you are only eligible to apply for it if you are sending in a PR application if you are on a visitor's visa. Although, I just looked at the CIC website and it states that you can now apply online, so you might want to go ahead and do that and attach your RECEIPT # of your PR application a long with a note of explanation stating you have an application in process (and a letter from Immigration Canada stating such - if you have it). I'm pretty sure in order to have "implied" status you needed to have sent the OWP App with the PR App. You might want to go ahead an give the call center a buzz and see what they have to say... I was told I must send both the applications together in the same envelope with the OWP on top!

Here's a link to the "Application to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada as a Worker" page on the CIC website you might find more information there. I hope this helps!
TPW
You can send your OWP in after you send your application - you need to write a letter of direction, including your names, client #s, the OWP app and payment receipt, and a request that they attach it to your application. Also, include a reason why you didn't include with the original app (we just wrote that a lawyer gave us bad advice). Make sure it's polite, and succinct.

This is what we did - we sent the OWP about 6 months after the application, and received our stage 1 approval AND the OWP on the same day.

Ematina

Star Member
May 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2011
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
Med's Done....
12-07-2012
Any of July 2011 applications got their second stage!!!!

yffAm

Star Member
Nov 16, 2011
TheProfessorsWife said:
Hi yffAm,

My letter looked something like this (I have a photo copy of it but I'll just re-type it out):

To Whom it may concern,

My (full name_____) medical assessment was done in the USA (or whatever country yours was done in), however shortly after my sponsor (sponsors full name____) and I decided to send our application in-land as opposed to out-land. I was advised to attach this explanation note by a representative at the cic call center. I apologize for any difficulties this may cause in processing the application.

Best Regards,
Full name

;D And that's that!!
TPW
Thanks again! Another question ;D coz I already sumitted our application just yesterday and I did enclose the letter u told me. Thanks much for that. I didnt had a chance to include my police clearance along the application coz I wasnt able to get it b4 I submitted the whole application. So how can I submitted my police clearance once I received it and where should I submit it to?

cililoca

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 5 2011
xxpazaway said:
Any update from August applicants? Im so excited if someone got good news!
I'm from August 5 and have my decision made on CIC webpage today!

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
avigtr said:
If by good news you mean AIP and OWP so yes,lots of us got it :)
There is few bad news and i was so sad to see those post. For now i want to see good news hehehehe ;D
Well, i was just trying get rid of my nervous. Almost July, and its been almost a year since i start reporting to cbsa and on 3rd of july i have to go again. I was hoping they will give me more time till i get my sponsorship papers. Anyway! I have to cheer my self up for my kids. And of course with the help from ABOVE.
Cheers to all applicants! Whoooop i wish we are all in one side of this country so we can get together and celebrate!

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
Is there anyone knows how long before they open the additional documents and put it togther in file. Do i need to get police criminal check in local police here in canada? I didnt send it with my application i call before they told me they will do that on their own.

avigtr

Jan 11, 2012
stefi said:
Hi All!
there is something I still don't understand.. when i go and check online all it says is App received on august 11, 2011 - under both sponsorship app and PR application. everybody else in the forum seems to have: app received on... and then, started processing on ... etc. Any ideas? thanks so much in advance. :)
When they get your application(August 11 in your case) the just put it aside for another month or so and when they actually move it to a different tray in the office:)) )they write the date they "started processing" it and send you a confirmation email(they won't process for 10 more months from the receiving date).
It doesn't really make any difference as we know the application arrival day is the important one.
Call them just to make sure everything is well and in any case if all is good with your application you will get good news from them in the next few days.

stefi

Jun 26, 2012
avigtr said:
When they get your application(August 11 in your case) the just put it aside for another month or so and when they actually move it to a different tray in the office:)) )they write the date they "started processing" it and send you a confirmation email(they won't process for 10 more months from the receiving date).
It doesn't really make any difference as we know the application arrival day is the important one.
Call them just to make sure everything is well and in any case if all is good with your application you will get good news from them in the next few days.
Thanks Avigtr for your reply. All i got from CIC is an email a long time ago saying that they received my app and assigning me a client number. I'll post any updates as they come. Thanks again! :)