Med's Done....
done
Interview........
none
LANDED..........
sep 12 2012
finebaby said:
Hello everyone,
I landed yesterday and it was less than 30mins for the whole process. the officer just called us on our time, told me to sign, looked at my photos, then congratulated me wit some explanation on things i can do as a permanent resident, he said i can travel too but shld call for my travel document since i dnt have PR card now. I got my SIN and OHIP too.
I just thank God for the whole process and lessons from this experience. I thank you all for been there, for the encouragements and words of wisdom. To all of you still waiting, you will soon laugh and rejoice soon. I know God is launching us all to a better life and higher heights . The patient dog eats the fattest bone. I will still be around to cheer you. Its time to know what Canada holds for Us..(as per job)
Big Congrats to all those that got AIP & 2nd stage
Have a wonderful day ya all

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§
congratulations to you!!! when did u first apply,, and how was the process?

avigtr

Jan 11, 2012
under_way said:
hi all,
so it was brought to my attention that if you go through immigration process
your self...chances are the response will be slow, however if you have a lawyer
things go alot faster and easier...

how true is that?...anyone has experience with a lawyer
Lawyers has nothing to do with the Immigration process and cannot make your process faster.
They would double check the forms(like we all did 200 times) and make sure that everything is included so there will not be any delays.
They will take your forms and send them for you and once they are in the queue it doesn't matter if you had a lawyer or not.
I even read that they suggested to people not to send meds exams and background checks before first approval which is weird due to the fact it delays the all process(especially when the first stage is less than 11 months and meds are for 12 months with possibility for extension to 15).
The only reason I would think you will need a lawyer is when your case is not straight forward for example you have dependants abroad, divorced from a Canadian before etc...
Ask around here for more advice and get the bigger picture|

Hope I helped :)

under_way

Star Member
Jul 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 22, 2011
AOR Received.
may 23
Med's Done....
done
Interview........
none
LANDED..........
sep 12 2012
avigtr said:
Lawyers has nothing to do with the Immigration process and cannot make your process faster.
They would double check the forms(like we all did 200 times) and make sure that everything is included so there will not be any delays.
They will take your forms and send them for you and once they are in the queue it doesn't matter if you had a lawyer or not.
I even read that they suggested to people not to send meds exams and background checks before first approval which is weird due to the fact it delays the all process(especially when the first stage is less than 11 months and meds are for 12 months with possibility for extension to 15).
The only reason I would think you will need a lawyer is when your case is not straight forward for example you have dependants abroad, divorced from a Canadian before etc...
Ask around here for more advice and get the bigger picture|

Hope I helped :)
thanks, i thought so too i was telling my friend that she's better of doing it herself
instead of paying a lawyer $5000 but the lawyer convinced her that she can be
landed with his help by 10months..

dawie.south.africa

Jun 14, 2012
Hi guys! Wow, congrats to the first Aug AIP's!!! Do you know more or less how long they take per month to process? Like how many days or weeks before they start with Sept, Oct etc. Cic received my appl Oct 7th 2011.

StoneTable

Star Member
Sep 28, 2011
Tilbury, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
LANDED..........
09-19-2013
under_way said:
thanks, i thought so too i was telling my friend that she's better of doing it herself
instead of paying a lawyer $5000 but the lawyer convinced her that she can be
landed with his help by 10months..
It all depends on the lawyer/consultant. We used a reputable consultant who used to work for the CIC. It didn't cost us that much and he didn't make outlandish claims about speeding up the process. Anyone who claims/promises they can they can beat the system...if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. They're preying on desperate people. If your friend wants to use a consultant to do it, there are much better people out there. Otherwise, there are plenty of resources (like this forum) if she wants to do it herself.

theinlander

Jun 17, 2012
nazam80 said:
Hi everyone,

I applied last year in 31 August 2011. I have visitor visa which is valid till 15th August 2012. I also applied for the owp in jan 2011. I am wondering should I apply for the extension of my visitor visa or wait till August to hear something about Aip?

Second my wife is pregnant and she is due with twins in November , will this help my case even on humanitarian grounds? I have already gave Cic a letter about my wife's pregnant in Jan along with owp application

Your response will be highly appreciated.

Naz
Hi Naz,

If you want to travel before you receive your second stage approval, then yea, renew your visa. Otherwise, I wouldn't bother...

According to the CIC website, pregnancy doesn't help any case.

Good luck!

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
finebaby said:
Hello everyone,
I landed yesterday and it was less than 30mins for the whole process. the officer just called us on our time, told me to sign, looked at my photos, then congratulated me wit some explanation on things i can do as a permanent resident, he said i can travel too but shld call for my travel document since i dnt have PR card now. I got my SIN and OHIP too.
I just thank God for the whole process and lessons from this experience. I thank you all for been there, for the encouragements and words of wisdom. To all of you still waiting, you will soon laugh and rejoice soon. I know God is launching us all to a better life and higher heights . The patient dog eats the fattest bone. I will still be around to cheer you. Its time to know what Canada holds for Us..(as per job)
Big Congrats to all those that got AIP & 2nd stage
Have a wonderful day ya all

please tell us where or what office you landed.

cililoca

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 5 2011
We sent you a letter on June 25, 2012 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

uhuuuuuuuuuu

cililoca

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 5 2011
cililoca said:
We sent you a letter on June 25, 2012 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

uhuuuuuuuuuu
I was just wondering of anybody would know that... We just moved to Edmonton from Kamloops, we actually moved in the 25th the date they sent the letter!!! hehe I updated my address online but it hasn't changed yet, I wonder if they have access to it already...

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
cililoca said:
I was just wondering of anybody would know that... We just moved to Edmonton from Kamloops, we actually moved in the 25th the date they sent the letter!!! hehe I updated my address online but it hasn't changed yet, I wonder if they have access to it already...
well, maybe too late but you have three option to ensure you get the mail:

1- change address at postal office right away so they know your new address
or 2- go back to your old address to pickup your mail from the current owner
or 3- tell the call center to send you another copy to your new addess

If i were you, I would go to the postal office for change of address rather.

johanna125

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cililoca said:

uhuuuuuuuuuu

congrats cililoca :)

TheProfessorsWife

Star Member
Jul 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 4, 2011
AOR Received.
August 15, 2012
Med's Done....
June 8,2011
yffAm said:
I will surely do that! can you pls send me the sample copy of ur letter note about the outland medical mistake (if u still have the copy :D)? I just paid the fees online earlier but I mistakenly put the wrong address on it instead of vegreville I put missisauga on it. what I did is I paid it again I hope there's not gonna have a problem with that. I just hope that they just return my first payment and it will not delay my application..
Hi yffAm,

My letter looked something like this (I have a photo copy of it but I'll just re-type it out):

To Whom it may concern,

My (full name_____) medical assessment was done in the USA (or whatever country yours was done in), however shortly after my sponsor (sponsors full name____) and I decided to send our application in-land as opposed to out-land. I was advised to attach this explanation note by a representative at the cic call center. I apologize for any difficulties this may cause in processing the application.

Best Regards,
Full name

;D And that's that!!
TPW

adrian_calgary

Oct 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 12 2011
cililoca said:
When I updated my address online (albeit it was within the same city as before) it took 3 weeks to see the change online.

If I were you, I would call CIC and tell them that you've moved on the day they sent the letter, and that you weren't aware that they were processing August applications yet as it says 'April 30' on the CIC website. Ask them if they can see the address change that you've made online.

TheProfessorsWife

Star Member
Jul 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 4, 2011
AOR Received.
August 15, 2012