+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Application 2011

theinlander

Jun 17, 2012
tinch said:
Hey hey!

..just a heads up for everyone to always carefully check your name and address on CIC letters.

My OWP (got it on Monday..) spells my last name incorrectly! I did check on all my copies/applications, it's always right.. They left out one letter since I've applied for the OWP in March.
I guess it does matter when I apply for SIN and OHIP since they would have to go by the name on the permit..?
Annoying. I've been trying to call CIC for two days now, but do not get transferred to an agent.

I guess there is no other way than the 1-888 number to contact them? Any similar experiences?

Good weekend to everyone!
Yea, for your SIN, they will go by your OWP. I have the same issue. There is an extra letter in my last name on my visitor visa. I didn't notice that at the time. When they sent me the acknowledgement letter for my app for permanent residency, they had the same mistake. So, I called them and told them about it. They said, they would fix it. I got all my letters and OWP the other day with the same mistake, I got my temp SIN, so It has the same mistake. Canada Service told me to make sure I get the PR card with the right name, so when they give me the permanent SIN, I get it right!

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
Cangaceiro said:
Hi guys its me again! Today I received another letter from CIC with this:
After reviewing your file it is noted that we are missing the following information:
-Medical examination
-Right of Permanent Fee $490,00.
I'm not sure, if I have to do again because it's expired, or if is missing this document on my file?! Also they sent (Medical Report : Section A) with my photo, i dont know what to do!?!
Another question is if they asking for a Right of Permanent Fee that means I got approved in the second stage? Because As far I know this Fee ($490,00)has to be paid in the land day, correct?
you will have to bring that med report to the doctor and do your tests adn the doctor will mail back the report to cic

No, you have no second stage yet. There is no second stage without medical for sure. you just have the first stage for now. They are giving you a headsup for the right of permanent fee. You can pay this fee now so you dont have to pay it later or you can wait until second stage then pay the $490 at your landing interview like most people here. it's upto you no difference in time.

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
Berber_amazigh said:
Hey guys!

I just wanted to let you know that i landed yesterday at Scarborough office and everything went so smoothly.
I had a very early appointment so i had to wake up around 6 am!
Now i understand why Scarborough office is the busiest landing office!!
But luckily i was the first in the list so basically it took me around 5 minutes.
The lady asked if i commit any crime or if i have any dependent children here or outside Canada and also if i am in welfare or getting any help from the gv So i answered NO
Then i signed the paper and she again reminded to not use the document as a travel so she advise me to wait until i get me pr card.
And after that i had to go to the waiting area to wait for another agent to call us in for the SIN
And yay i got my New SIN number and ready to and celebrate !!
The funny part is when i get home i found out that i got my health card in the mail!!
LOL

Just for people that are landing in Scarborough office it takes around 2-3 months to get the appointment so relax and enjoy your summer because you are almost there!

Thanks to everyone!
Congrats. I hope evrybody gets same kind of landing!

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
TheProfessorsWife said:
Hi everyone,

Okay I have another question... I was reviewing the spread sheet and I noticed there are some October applications that are in process (vincy stress, xxpazz away, hatrang & peanut brittle)... Where did you guys send your applications into? I sent mine into Vegreville, I'm bewildered that some October apps are already in process!!? How can this be?

Thanks gang!
When we opened my sponsors e-cas it shows they recieved our application on october 11, 2011 which is the same date in my tracking from canada post and it also says there they start procesiing on december, but when i checked my e-cas with my own client id its only says they recieved it. As far as i know the first stage is to determine if the sponsor is eligible to sponsor so the in-process shows only in sponsors e-cas client id.

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
Hi everyone,

I applied last year in 31 August 2011. I have visitor visa which is valid till 15th August 2012. I also applied for the owp in jan 2011. I am wondering should I apply for the extension of my visitor visa or wait till August to hear something about Aip?

Second my wife is pregnant and she is due with twins in November , will this help my case even on humanitarian grounds? I have already gave Cic a letter about my wife's pregnant in Jan along with owp application

Your response will be highly appreciated.

Naz

johanna125

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TheProfessorsWife said:
Hi Johanna, I just wanted to let you know my name was on the spread sheet twice (cell 149 &150), but cell 149 date is wrong, my application was received October 4, 2011 according to ecas.
Thanks for keeping us up to speed!

Also what does AOR mean and what is the difference between "in process" and AIP? I'm a little confused.

Cheers!!

Hi professor's wife. Thanks for the message. Will correct that next week.
About your question on AOR vs AIP in the spreadheet:

AOR : Date that CIC physically received your application, i.e. the date that your app reached CIC whether by Canada Post, Fedex or other means. You can check this either thru your Canada Post online tracking page, Fedex tracking, ECAS page.
Example, if you sent your app on June 1, 2012 and it reached CIC on June 6, 2012, therefore, AOR is June 6, 2012. Just to clarify, AOR is NOT the date that CIC actually opens envelope and starts processing your app.

on the other hand, IN PROCESS column in the spreadsheet refers to the date that CIC starts processing or looking into your app. IN PROCESS date is seen in ECAS.

HTH. tnx!

johanna

ViviTaylor

Dec 10, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, Johanna,

I saw your chart of the inland 2011 cases, which is very good.

The average waiting time from AIP to stage 2 only 10 days? But I have been waiting for 3 weeks already since AIP, do you think it's normal?

CIC received my app on July 20, 2011, and they started to process on Aug 12, 2011, AIP on June 6, but haven't had any update yet.

Thanks!

rawlster

Jun 21, 2012
hi does anyone know how long it takes for the visa office in port of spain to send in medicals and background checks to CPC-V as my wife's dependents did everyting about a month ago...any help would be appreicated

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
nazam80 said:
Hi everyone,

I applied last year in 31 August 2011. I have visitor visa which is valid till 15th August 2012. I also applied for the owp in jan 2011. I am wondering should I apply for the extension of my visitor visa or wait till August to hear something about Aip?

Second my wife is pregnant and she is due with twins in November , will this help my case even on humanitarian grounds? I have already gave Cic a letter about my wife's pregnant in Jan along with owp application

Your response will be highly appreciated.

Naz
Sorry but cic clearly says pregnancy is not a mean of to prove a genuine relationship nor process booster. so my guess is you will still maintain your spot in the queue as usual regardless of your current situation. congratulations though.

as for your visitor record, wait----you can apply within 30 days of it being expired but sure it won't be necessary thus if all your appl is complete and accurate you should get AIP/OWP by then.

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
rawlster said:
hi does anyone know how long it takes for the visa office in port of spain to send in medicals and background checks to CPC-V as my wife's dependents did everyting about a month ago...any help would be appreicated
no matter where it's coming from...your med will take 3 to 4 months after the doc sent it for cic to have it in their system and proceed with application process

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
ViviTaylor said:
Hi, Johanna,

I saw your chart of the inland 2011 cases, which is very good.

The average waiting time from AIP to stage 2 only 10 days? But I have been waiting for 3 weeks already since AIP, do you think it's normal?

CIC received my app on July 20, 2011, and they started to process on Aug 12, 2011, AIP on June 6, but haven't had any update yet.

Thanks!

it depends, some people here been few days apart and others many months and yes it's normal as cic clearly says can take up to 8 months for stage 2. it can also depend on whether you were asked to redo your medical or if your previous one is accepted. nevertheless, you are within the time frame and nothing to worry about. see my signature below for my dates.

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
xxpazaway said:
When we opened my sponsors e-cas it shows they recieved our application on october 11, 2011 which is the same date in my tracking from canada post and it also says there they start procesiing on december, but when i checked my e-cas with my own client id its only says they recieved it. As far as i know the first stage is to determine if the sponsor is eligible to sponsor so the in-process shows only in sponsors e-cas client id.
it's normal, you just have to wait as you will see something on yours when a decision is made so around aug or sept 2012. your are on track so be patient.

mila_mac

Apr 17, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys! I finally landed on the 21-st of June, Scarborough office... as it was said before, the landing is super quick and easy, there were only 2 questions - if I commited any crime or if I had any dependant children(all the landing took 5 mins). I was a little bit nervous, I guess because I was realizing that this was it and when the lady told me - congratulations! I had tears in my eyes. Then another 5 minutes to get my new sin number and I was on the way home. Now it will take 6-8 weeks to get my PR card and I will be able to go back home and see my mom!
One more thing - I heard that you can apply for a travel document if you don't want to wait for a pr card...cause it takes 4 weeks to get the travel doc...apparently you only can apply for one if you are a refugee, not a sponsored person.
well, I guess 6-8 weks is not so bad, after 1.5 years of waiting..
So, Good luck everybody! It's coming!!!!! :)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
qw123 said:
no matter where it's coming from...your med will take 3 to 4 months after the doc sent it for cic to have it in their system and proceed with application process
It doesn't really take that long. I had my last medicals done on February 6, 2012 and the medical officer signed off on them (in Ottawa) on March 12, 2012 (I have a copy of that sign-off letter, in fact.) The Visa Office might take several additional months to pull the results and add them to your file, of course.

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
qw123 said:
Sorry but cic clearly says pregnancy is not a mean of to prove a genuine relationship nor process booster. so my guess is you will still maintain your spot in the queue as usual regardless of your current situation. congratulations though.

as for your visitor record, wait----you can apply within 30 days of it being expired but sure it won't be necessary thus if all your appl is complete and accurate you should get AIP/OWP by then.
Thanx