29-03-2011
AOR Received.
AIP 26-03-2012
Med's Done....
11-11-2010
LANDED..........
14-03-2012
CanAusGal said:
Have you spoken with an agent that has looked up your file via your client number yet?

If not, you seriously have nothing to worry about. The majority of call centre agents just read from a script. They only bother to tell us what is exactly on the website. Keep calling until someone will look up your file. I am positive that there is nothing wrong with your application and based on other people here on the forum, you will more than likely have AIP or be a few weeks off getting it

I totally agree... If they don't ask you all kind of questions (meaning they want to confirm your identity before giving out any personal info), then you are getting "the record machine agent"

Don't give up, don't let them to take you down... ;)

greyghost

Sep 22, 2011
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-04-2011
OK.....

I called CIC today and the guy confirmed that I have gotten AIP (on march 4th) and they have issued a OWP (i sent the application for it in with my PR app) on the same day!!!! I hope Canada Post is swift and sure on this one.

SOOOOoo, today is my wife's birthday!!! What a great bday present!!!!!!!

The guy told me that the OWP was good until March 2015. He said this was to make sure I had no problems with delays. Not sure what this means for second stage but I am going to channel my inner Scarlet O'Hara and think about that another day. Tonight my wife and I are going to celebrate!!!!

Berber_amazigh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

i was wondering if you guys included the finger prints or FBI things!!because i didnt!!
will they ask for it after?

thanks and am really confused!!

greyghost

Sep 22, 2011
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-04-2011
Berber_amazigh said:
Hi

i was wondering if you guys included the finger prints or FBI things!!because i didnt!!
will they ask for it after?

thanks and am really confused!!
If you include it your file gets processed faster for sure but if you didn't it shouldn't slow down AIP. Don't panic too much I didn't include my FBI stuff. I sent it later and it worked out ok for me.

CanAusGal

Star Member
Feb 6, 2012
greyghost said:
OK.....

I called CIC today and the guy confirmed that I have gotten AIP (on march 4th) and they have issued a OWP (i sent the application for it in with my PR app) on the same day!!!! I hope Canada Post is swift and sure on this one.

The guy told me that the OWP was good until March 2015. He said this was to make sure I had no problems with delays. Not sure what this means for second stage but I am going to channel my inner Scarlet O'Hara and think about that another day. Tonight my wife and I are going to celebrate!!!!
Oh my goodness what an amazing birthday present!!! Congrats

Gemauru

Mar 28, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
AOR Received.
AIP 26-03-2012
Med's Done....
11-11-2010
LANDED..........
14-03-2012
missha said:
Hi,

I thought to start a thread for Inland Immigration Application for the year 2011, so it can be a help for people to talk about immigration updates during the process.

Let us share the story, explain what you upto during your wait. Also post your current timeline so we can have an idea of each other progress and lets help each others.

Stay Happy and hopeful! :)

Almost 1 year went by... Just wanted to bring back the beginning of our circle of friends as a Thank you to Misha and each one of you.
The game is not over yet...
for some of us, is the start of another level...
for some others there are still some waiting time ahead...
some of our friends will have to be strong stay together and go over the obstacles they will find on their way to happiness...
Such a long year, such a short time...

Best of luck to all of you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gemauru

Mar 28, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
AOR Received.
AIP 26-03-2012
Med's Done....
11-11-2010
LANDED..........
14-03-2012
greyghost said:
OK.....

Congratulations!!!!!!! Enjoy and celebrate!!!!! One day at a time... tomorrow is another day!

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
I think I have good news again. I think we got the 2nd stage the same day. YAY!!!!!!

We received your application for permanent residence on March 31, 2011.

We started processing your application on April 19, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We sent you a letter on March 4, 2012 to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We have not received any of the mail yet as I think it went out Monday morning because there is no mail on Sundays. I can't believe they are working weekends. It's about time. There probably paying them time and a half for working overtime. hey, I would do it too if I worked there.

It looks like they already dove into April. Good luck guys.

It feels surreal to me that this process is almost over. I cannot wait to book our vacation. I cannot wait to do a lot of things. After such a long wait we need a vacation.

I believe now we just wait for the landing letter. I think our office will be Scarborough. Is anyone else waiting for the Scarborough letter?

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Berber, do you need to send in an fbi clearance? Have you lived in the USA for longer then 6 months after the age of 18 yrs old?

We included fingerprints in my husbands application even though some people did not submit them. We also got a polcie clearance from Ottawa.

Greyghost, congrats to you and happy b-day to your wife.

Karma, I agree with Gemauru. Make sure they ask you all these security questions and then have them look at your file. Forget what the agent said to call at the end of March. That is bullshit.

el venezolano, I personally would not travel until you have the PR card in your hand. It is not worth the risk of starting this process all over again of you are not allowed back in to Canada.

missha, I hope you are feeling better. Can't wait to see the chart all filled out:)

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Last question here guys. When we get all the letters, do we just go to a service ontario and get a SIN number and apply for the ohip? Will it explain all this in the letters?

Gemauru

Mar 28, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
AOR Received.
AIP 26-03-2012
Med's Done....
11-11-2010
LANDED..........
14-03-2012
angtao said:
I think I have good news again. I think we got the 2nd stage the same day. YAY!!!!!!

We sent you a letter on March 4, 2012 to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We have not received any of the mail yet as I think it went out Monday morning because there is no mail on Sundays. I can't believe they are working weekends. It's about time. There probably paying them time and a half for working overtime. hey, I would do it too if I worked there.

It feels surreal to me that this process is almost over. I cannot wait to book our vacation. I cannot wait to do a lot of things. After such a long wait we need a vacation.

I believe now we just wait for the landing letter. I think our office will be Scarborough. Is anyone else waiting for the Scarborough letter?

Congrats!!!!! :p

Everything looks exactly as my "updates" only 1 week later.

I received (after having DM on Sunday) AIP and sponsor approved letters the following Thursday.
Next Monday we got the letter from Etobicoke with the date and time for landing!!!!!

99.99% you crossed the line!!!!!!!! Welcome to Canada!!!!!!

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Thanks Gemauru. I remember the beginning how hard the wait was.

I hope we get the landing letter soon but I heard Scarborough is at least a 1 month wait to get the letter.
We will see.

Have you guys gone to service ontario yet for the sin or ohip?

Canadagirl85

Star Member
Jan 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
23/12/10
Interview........
Waved
angtao said:

Hey a big congats!! So happy both stagges at once!! PARTY TIME!! Maybe we will land on the same day, well my wife and you! lol I am pretty sure we are waiting on a Scarbrough letter we are on the east side of Toronto and I'm told if you are on the east side you end up landing in Scarbrough.

What a great day for everyone!!! I am so happy for everyone today!!!

Gemauru

Mar 28, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
AOR Received.
AIP 26-03-2012
Med's Done....
11-11-2010
LANDED..........
14-03-2012
angtao said:
Last question here guys. When we get all the letters, do we just go to a service ontario and get a SIN number and apply for the ohip? Will it explain all this in the letters?

With the letter to the applicant that states "you are eligible for permanent resident...." proof of address and passport, you go to service Ontario to get the OHIP... It has to be "the full service one" (we did it yesterday)

We didn't apply for OWP right away with the hope that PR will follow soon (it was sooner than expected)

Same for SIN, if you do it with the letter you get a "9" SIN, you will have to exchange when you get PR... We will go and do it with PR to get the definitive one at once!

Gemauru

Mar 28, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
AOR Received.
AIP 26-03-2012
Med's Done....
11-11-2010
LANDED..........
14-03-2012
angtao said:
Thanks Gemauru. I remember the beginning how hard the wait was.

I hope we get the landing letter soon but I heard Scarborough is at least a 1 month wait to get the letter.
We will see.

Have you guys gone to service ontario yet for the sin or ohip?

They say the same about Etobicoke, and we got the letter in 2 days, and the interview in 9 days....
Hope for the best!!!!!