Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 6 2011
Doc's Request.
30 May 2012
Med's Done....
March 2011/ June 2012
Serendipity said:
That is very much accurate. Additionally, after the July changes both the sponsor and the sponsored person can log into e-CAS a few weeks after the filing is done. For those of us who applied before July 2011 (our app. is from Jan. 2011), there were neither emails nor letters acknowledging receipt of application packages, and only the sponsored person (the applicant) can log into e-CAS before AIP.

S. :)
i am July applicant, and my husband (sponsor) can't log in as well. I didn't get any e-mail or letter of aknowledgement either. So i believe everything is very individual. ;D

What is more, Christmas is around the corner, and we are all lucky to be with our loved ones this holiday season.

Dominican22

Jun 23, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-12-2011
Med's Done....
23-11-2010
Hey Guys! My E-CAS updated this morning!!!

We received your application for permanent residence on January 12, 2011.

We started processing your application on February 23, 2011.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

I also called the automated phone service and it says my OWP was approved and issued on Dec. 19th!!

YAY me!!!!

Merry Christmas to Everyone!!

Canadagirl85

Star Member
Jan 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
23/12/10
Interview........
Waved
Dominican22 said:

I also called the automated phone service and it says my OWP was approved and issued on Dec. 19th!!

YAY me!!!!

Woooo congarts so happy for you ! Merry Christmas for sure !!

MrMass

Nov 26, 2011
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

That's great news!!! We're all getting real close.

It must feel great to have that written in the file. Also a great Christmas GIFT!

karma123

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2011
Berber_amazigh said:
CIC started processing my app on may 30 and i am in Ontario, my wife as a sponsor did not get any email from cic and she can not even log in e cas
but for me i can easily log in and see my application in process !
thats weird eeeh??
maybe because we are in different states!!

The only advice I can give you is to call CIC to ask them why your sponsor can't log into e-Cas because your file has almost 7 months,

I don't know if CIC has changed the process, so maybe you should call them.

In my case, i live in Québec, and I know the process is a bit different from other cities.

And the process of my sponsorship app started almost 6 months after my permanent resident app.

I wish you a Merry Christmas :)

karma123

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2011
Dominican22 said:

YAY me!!!!

Congratulations Dominican,,, I'm so happy for you, that's your Christmas gift,,, It couldn't be better, I wish you a Merry Christmas...

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
Dominican22 said:

YAY me!!!!

Congrats Dominican22, such a great gift for Xmas. Happy for you!!!!!!

sievo

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm sponsoring my fiance (from France) for PR status. She sent her Inland PR application back in August, and we have yet to hear anything from CIC. I'm getting a little worried, as it seems like most people know that they are being processed ~ 1mo after they apply? Or do they find out later?

I guess we should receive something soon.

Also, we'd heard conflicting information regarding OWP applications with PR applications. It seems the consensus here is to send both in together? We did not do that, should she apply for OWP now?

Finally, She has a ticket to go visit france after christmas and we're starting to get worried that they might not let her back in the country. Apparently it is not advised to leave while your PR is in processing? but we have no confirmation that it is, and I wonder if they will have any idea she even applied for PR at the border at this point. Unless they start processing while she's gone.

Anyway, this forum and all of you are very helpful. But the immigration system is really terrible... ??? I'm sure I'm not the first to call it Kafkaesque, and kind of cruel

MrMass

Nov 26, 2011
Sievo, if she applied for her inland PR then it usually takes about 11 months to have a decision from CIC. Personally i applied January of 2011 and I'm still waiting for an answer.

In regards to leaving the country, i would suggest that she tries to postpone her departure, my lawyer advised me not leave the country unless it was an emergency, while the process is taking place. He said that it's all up to the discretion of the immigration officer that greets you at the airport whether they let you back in or not. Honestly a risk that to great in my books for simply going to see family, you don't want to take because of the time and money which you have invested so far in the process.

The process is hard on the applicant but also on the sponsor. Unfortunately you can do nothing about it and simply have to wait.
Most immigration process are the same around the world, Europe is just as bad if not worse when it come to immigration, trust me I'm Italian i know all about red tape.

sievo

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks MrMass, I guess we have a bit of a wait still! That's 11months to hear anything from CIC?

She talked to CIC just now, and she will still be going to france. She was told essentially that while it is possible to have a big problem if she is refused re-entry, she has a work permit and a job here so there is no reason for that to happen. I would be surprised if they are aware of the PR application at the border (i wonder if the envelop has even been opened yet!) and even if they are, that is supposedly not a valid reason to refuse re-entry.

We will call again tomorrow for a second opinion, but it looks like she's still going.

MrMass

Nov 26, 2011
Sevio,

You did neglect to say that she has a status here in Canada. LOL
If she has a work permit and it's valid then Yes of course they have no reason to refuse her re-entry.

she should be able to check her E-Cas online and see at what point shes at, usually right now it will say "in process".

sievo

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hehe, right, I guess thats important ::)

I guess we will have to wait to receive a Client ID number for E-cas to be able to see the status of her request.

Tecle

Star Member
Oct 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2011
Doc's Request.
01-11-2011
Nomination.....
OPW 01-11-2011
AOR Received.
AIP 01-11-2011
IELTS Request
Meds show in ECas march 25, 2013
For the people don't believe me.

Sponsorship
We received your application to sponsor xxxxxx xxxxx xxxxx on July 21, 2011.

We started processing your application on September 8, 2011.

We sent you a letter on November 1, 2011 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us

Dominican22

Jun 23, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-12-2011
Med's Done....
23-11-2010
Thanks everyone!!! Best Christmas gift EVER!!! :D