Edmonton, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanAusGal said:
well so much for that moment of joy!

Dropped in to my local office on the way to work to ask for an update and they said they haven't received my file from Alberta yet.

So, if it's not in Victoria and Vegreville have sent it...does that mean it's just lost?

Yay! :(
that sux big time. I think u should phone cic and tell them about it. That's frustrating to know. I might also do that to confirm that my file is in my local office. I'm getting an impression that the call centre agents don't give us factual information. :eek: :eek:

blistex

Star Member
Feb 26, 2011
Edmonton, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What's up CanAusGal?

Did you finally get your landing interview letter? I still didn't get anything and its been over 2 months since DM. Being in Canada is so stressful and Im getting tired of waiting for everything in here. I applied for several jobs since Feb and until now, zero. I paid for the OWP and I'm getting nothing out of it. WHew!

CanAusGal

Star Member
Feb 6, 2012
Hey!

Nope nothing on my end yet either. I contacted my MP and she was told that my file is on 'hold' due to budget cuts and the government shutting down the CIC Victoria office. Apparently there is no policy in place as yet on what to do with the Vancouver Island people, whether they are going to ask them to go to Vancouver or if they will send an officer to Victoria for the landings.

Sadly not much help to me and I am just stuck in limbo. My file doesn't even have a bring forward date and is still just sitting in Vegreville. So who knows what will happen. My MP said they only thing left for me is to send an email Jason Kenney which even she said would more than likely not be read.

So just some more waiting for me.

I'm so sorry to hear about your job troubles. They don't make it easy do they? I wish you good luck in your search and I have faith that you will find something soon.

Take care!

blistex

Star Member
Feb 26, 2011
Edmonton, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Holly! Sorry to hear about your situation and I hope that prob will be solved soon. For now, all we can do is to be patient and try not to think about the landing interview. -sighs-. At least our app got approved. :)

Best of luck CanAusGal.

You take care too.

blistex

CanAusGal said:
Hey!

Nope nothing on my end yet either. I contacted my MP and she was told that my file is on 'hold' due to budget cuts and the government shutting down the CIC Victoria office. Apparently there is no policy in place as yet on what to do with the Vancouver Island people, whether they are going to ask them to go to Vancouver or if they will send an officer to Victoria for the landings.

Sadly not much help to me and I am just stuck in limbo. My file doesn't even have a bring forward date and is still just sitting in Vegreville. So who knows what will happen. My MP said they only thing left for me is to send an email Jason Kenney which even she said would more than likely not be read.

So just some more waiting for me.

I'm so sorry to hear about your job troubles. They don't make it easy do they? I wish you good luck in your search and I have faith that you will find something soon.

Take care!

blistex

Star Member
Feb 26, 2011
Edmonton, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello CanAusGal,

I received a call from my local office today and I'm landing on May 10th. It's a perfect date because my fiance` is off from his camp job, no need to ask for days off. Likewise, I have a job orientation today. :) Indeed patience is a virtue.

I hope and I pray that you will get your landing interview soon. Good luck and God bless!

blistex

CanAusGal

Star Member
Feb 6, 2012
Congratulations! Thank is such exciting news for you, finally a light at the end of the tunnel. Bet you will celebrate that day!!

Sadly still nothing on my end. According to my MP, the Victoria office did have my file for about 2 weeks, as they thought they would be able to process it, but they called my MP yesterday and said that they just don't have the capacity to do it and that they were sending it back to Vegreville with a request for it to go through Vancouver. But my MP was trying to tell me that Vancouver hasn't been rolled out with the system needed to process my application yet, so it is more than likely still many months off?!?!? I know that five 2011 Inland people have landed already this year, some within 5 days of DM, so I'm too sure what she meant by that and she couldn't really elaborate - so back to limbo for me :'(

blistex

Star Member
Feb 26, 2011
Edmonton, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh no! Sorry to hear that. :( It's really frustrating when you have to wait longer than what you have in mind and/or whatever a call center agent tells you. If I didn't phone the toll-free # of cic 2 weeks ago (and few more times a month ago) I don't think I'll have my landing interview scheduled for next week. Sometimes all you have to do is to bug them. Well, I really hope Victoria or Vegreville offices will do something about your file and let you land asap! (I hope not months to wait) . And I don't understand why they have to wait for 2 weeks or more to make a decision, whew! :mad:

Anyway, thanks! Me and my fiance` went for a trip for 4 days in Banff, AB, sorta an advance celebration of our 3rd yr anniv and success in PR app. :) I will be happier if I'll be able to finish the bridging program (for school) this year.

Don't lose hope CanAusGal. I will pray for you. :)

Blistex

CanAusGal said:
Congratulations! Thank is such exciting news for you, finally a light at the end of the tunnel. Bet you will celebrate that day!!

Sadly still nothing on my end. According to my MP, the Victoria office did have my file for about 2 weeks, as they thought they would be able to process it, but they called my MP yesterday and said that they just don't have the capacity to do it and that they were sending it back to Vegreville with a request for it to go through Vancouver. But my MP was trying to tell me that Vancouver hasn't been rolled out with the system needed to process my application yet, so it is more than likely still many months off?!?!? I know that five 2011 Inland people have landed already this year, some within 5 days of DM, so I'm too sure what she meant by that and she couldn't really elaborate - so back to limbo for me :'(

john bryce

Feb 15, 2018
hello please i need understanding on my application, ecas just updated to decision made and letter sent should i be worried...i applied inland commonlaw

john bryce

Feb 15, 2018
Mine says decision made on ecas but nothing about letter sent
hello please i need understand about my application , am inland common law. ecas just updated to decision made and letter sent am worried cause no PPR...all necessary documents were sent, letters, pictures, etc...our son is 3 years old
AOR was dec 1
spouse approved feb 1
med request was feb 5
PPC request was feb 5
RPRF was feb 6
medical received march 10
declaration of common law march 20
decision made letter sent ,
did you get PPR yet ?was decision made after your medical