+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Initial Response Time

Rainmaker123

Mar 31, 2015
Hi All,

Hope all are well.

I am being sponsored by my Canadian wife, and we recently submitted our Outland Application which was received in Mississauga on Wednesday 5th August. We provided our email addresses in the application as the best form of contact. I would like to know when my wife can expect to hear from the Canadian authorities in relation to being approved as a Sponsor? Should we expect to receive an email or letter in the post confirming that the application was received?

Looking forward to hearing from you soon, and thank you guys and gals as always for your continued support!

toffboss

Jun 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 May 2015
AOR Received.
15 Jun 2015
File Transfer...
13 Jul 2015
Med's Done....
15 Apr 2015
Passport Req..
23 Jul 2015; IN PROCES: 28 Jul 2015: DM: 6 Aug 2015
VISA ISSUED...
10 Aug 2015
LANDED..........
19 Sept 2015
Rainmaker123 said:
Hi All,

Hope all are well.

I am being sponsored by my Canadian wife, and we recently submitted our Outland Application which was received in Mississauga on Wednesday 5th August. We provided our email addresses in the application as the best form of contact. I would like to know when my wife can expect to hear from the Canadian authorities in relation to being approved as a Sponsor? Should we expect to receive an email or letter in the post confirming that the application was received?

Looking forward to hearing from you soon, and thank you guys and gals as always for your continued support!
an email will be sent to you stating they have received your application ( this is AOR1 or acknowledgement of receipt of application) . Expect it about a month after they received it ( so around the week of Sept 5) .

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
I think it will be more than a month....right now CIC is showing 60 days to process sponsor applications (stage 1)

Go to this page http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp to see which application received dates they are working on. If the date is prior to when they received your application, just sit tight.

If the date is after the date that they would have received your application (you know this usually from when it was signed for as provided by the courier company), then check the posted processing times for sponsorship (at the time of this post it is 60 days). Add these days to the time that they would have received your application. If the current date is past the end date that you come up with, I suggest wait a week and then call CIC asking them for an update.

C.

Gemmie

Nov 10, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2015
AOR Received.
30-06-2015/SA 17-08-2015
File Transfer...
20-08-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
23-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
21-01-2016
The time frame on the website is for the whole time for Sponsor Approval (SA)
They should send you an Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR)around 30 days after you submit.
They should send it by email since you provided one, if you don't get an AOR email after about a month
and half you can call the Call Center but you will in all likelihood have the AOR before a month and half.

Good Luck on your applications :)

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
It's probably worth noting that some people never receive AOR....only SA...which is frustrating because you won't know your UCI number until you get AOR (or call them)

If you end up calling and they can't tell you about AOR...at least ask if your file has been assigned a UCI / Application Number (2 separate numbers)

Wishing you the best.

C.