+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Initial refusal with tons of supporting evidence, now MP involved, will it help?

HarkiranKaur

Apr 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Jan
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
25 Feb
File Transfer...
21 Mar
Med's Request
4 Nov 16 (Remedical)
Med's Done....
16 Nov 16 (re-medical)
Passport Req..
22 Dec 16
VISA ISSUED...
06 Jan 17
LANDED..........
13 Jan 17
So my fiance I invited here to meet my Mother as we are marrying in India in Sept. My Mother has poor health and can not travel so this is only way for my fiance to meet my Mom prior to my marrying him in Kashmir, India.

We had a ton of supporting evidence:

1) In my invitation letter I explained my Mom's health and why he has to come here
2) Evidence to support a several year relationship (my prior Indian Visas, phtoos etc.)
3) My Canadian Forces Leave Pass for Sept already signed by my Commanding Officer and approved, with my Fiances address in India as my location while on leave
4) My airplane tikets for Sept to India
5) My Indian Visa for Sept
(The above show that since I will be at his address in Sept, he would not be overstaying visitor visa)
6) My bank statements
7) His bank statements
8) Letters from his work (National Hydro Power Coorp - a Government position)
9) Letters from NGOs he volunteers with, including Youth Hostel Association in Kashmir exaplining he is heading up a kids camp in June and is required back
10) My passport
11) Statements of his assets in India
12) Some other miscellaneous paperwork, and a very clear cover letter explaining the reason for the visit

He had to apply through Chandigarh office (with a 60% refusal rate outright) he was refused even with all the above.

I immediately contacted my Member Of Parliment... and my MP office wrote an official letter stating that they are aware that he has reapplied, that the reason for the visit is my Mother's ill health and that she is unable to fly to India for the wedding, and that they know all the supporting documentation has been submitted, and that my motivation for the invitation is sincere. They also put in a separate line at the bottom (I assume so it stands out) that they hope CIC will take ALL the documentation and facts into consideration and grant his visitor visa.

This was scanned and forwarded via email to the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi, who responded to my MPs office that they received it, forwarded it to Chandigarh for inclusion on his file.

Will this help though? Do they even take into consideration what MP offices say? I have the hard copy of the letter in case we have to reapply a third time. This time, he applied through a law firm there, at a cost of about $2000.00 CDN who assure him it will be granted this time (even before I got the MPs office involved). Is this usually how the MPs do it? I read on here someone's MP office phoned the CIC office and spoke to the visa director... but mine was done as an official correspondence letter with the House of Commons letterhead and everything... so it's very official looking. I just don't know how well one Govt department takes suggestions from another... working for the government myself in DND, I know firsthand how much red tape hinders things and how bad communication is between departments!

I am hoping this will help.

Reactions: waipm2000

cardkleener

Apr 27, 2015
What was the reason for refusal?
Contacting your MP might have a little influence but don't count on it. It just might go to a superior of the original visa officer to relook the application. Again depending on the reason for the refusal. You will have to supply supporting documentation to disprove that issue.
Your fiancé's lawyer cannot guarantee his admission to Canada. That's just a plain out right lie and $2,000.00?! Holy.

HarkiranKaur

Apr 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Jan
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
25 Feb
File Transfer...
21 Mar
Med's Request
4 Nov 16 (Remedical)
Med's Done....
16 Nov 16 (re-medical)
Passport Req..
22 Dec 16
VISA ISSUED...
06 Jan 17
LANDED..........
13 Jan 17
The refusal reason was they were unclear of the 'Purpose of Visit'

kriskris

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2015
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
File Transfer...
15-05-2015, IP Since 08-28-2015
Med's Request
07-01-2016
Med's Done....
Initial 15-01-2015, Re-medical on 11-01-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
19-02-2016
@HarkiranKaur, You seem educated person and still believed somebody who told you that they can guarantee visitor visa for $2000. I can't believe you/your fiancée fell for it.

cardkleener

Apr 27, 2015
So I am assuming the reason for the visit is to visit your sick Mother? If the the reason for the refusal is you did not supply enough proof for the reason for the visit. Then get a note from her Dr. stating that she is off ill health.
Did your fiancé get it in writing from his lawyer that he can get him a visa to Canada? I'd hate to say it but unless there is a bribe involved...

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Btw, couldn't your finance and your mother meet in the US in case your finance cannot get a Canadian visit visa?

Nainarvet

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ Harkiran Kaur: It is understandable that people fall prey to such visa consultants / lawyers, out of desperation to get the visa approved. As long as they do a good job (I just hope they would do that in your case), it is OK except that you lose so much money more than what those consultants deserve. I agree with the previous suggestion that you could support your application with a medical certificate or a letter from your mom's doctor. It will add more credence to your application than just saying that your mom is sick and that your fiancee would like to visit her before the wedding.

Re: MP's letter, I guess it would make them take a second look at your application. When the visitor visa application of my spouse got refused twice, I too had attached a letter from the MP and my spouse got visa in the third attempt. We don't know if this was a mere coincidence, as we had also added few other evidences in support of our case. Nevertheless, it is good to include especially if you already got one. In my case too, my MP gave a letter of support, but before that the MPs office contacted the visa office by email to ascertain the reasons for refusal.

All that is required is to prove the genuineness of your case. For each of the reason cited in the refusal letter, provide your point-by-point explanation and attach relevant supportive documents for each of the points. Hope it goes well. Good luck!

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
I am not sure if you have applied for GCMS notes. If you have not, you should as that would tell you the exact reason of refusal. The link is below and ask for electronic records as it would be faster:

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do

Make sure you attach the letter of approval from your fiancee for release of records or he can apply on his own paying $5 fee. It would take about 30 days but at least the picture will be clear. Right now, all you know is the reason why your fiancee visa was rejected is because of "Purpose of Visit".

HarkiranKaur

Apr 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Jan
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
25 Feb
File Transfer...
21 Mar
Med's Request
4 Nov 16 (Remedical)
Med's Done....
16 Nov 16 (re-medical)
Passport Req..
22 Dec 16
VISA ISSUED...
06 Jan 17
LANDED..........
13 Jan 17
He has to be back in India end of this month anyway so anything that takes that long will not do us any good anyway.

For those that suggested he is being scammed, the law firm is legit and the highest reputable in India dealing with Immigration. They said fi he doesnt get the Visa, they will refund his fee. They also said they will not take cases they dont think are sure because of their reputation and they showed more complicated cases than his that they have got the visa for. We have provided way more evidence to substantiate that he will not overstay than should ever be required... I mean if I will be in India at HIS address in August, then it stands to reason he definitely wont be here in Aug! Especially since marriage venu is already booked in India (in his name) and yes we included the receipts from that also!

From a legal point of view, we have prooven more than enough for CIC to issue the Visa. Now with the MPs letter stating that my Mom (their constituent) has health problems preventing her from travelling to India for the wedding and that this is the only way for her (and the rest of my family) to meet the man I am about to marry. Its not fair to place the burden on my Mother of having never met the man I am marrying.

And no we can not all travel to USA. He'd likely have just as much issue getting a visa there anyway. I also used ALL my leave for the year for the trip in Aug to go to India, so I have no time off to go to the US. Additionally, I don't have the extra money to, and neither does my Mom. I just forked out 1600.00 for my plane tickets to India, more for my Indian Visa, saving for spending money on the trip while in India. I am in the military so I cant just take extra time off outside of what I have available for leave each year.

Hoping it goes through this time. This new firm said that the first time, the cover letter was not clear, and they changed a few things in the application and rewrote the cover letter etc. He used a lawyer the first time too, but I guess that one was not experienced in Canadian Visitor Visas...

I wish I could call the Chandigarh CIC Office and talk to someone there. I can't find a phone number though. If they don't give it to him, while I am in India I plant to go there in person and have it out with them (as a Canadian to Canadian) and tell them how my Mother is upset because she could not meet my fiance at all prior to my marrying him... while she is stuck in Canada due to her health and that she now has to struggle with this. Not giving up yet though... as we are still waiting this time around. It's been 8 business days now and they said 8-10 business days.

harneet463

Apr 22, 2015
All the best Harkiran, Hopefully he will get his Visa this time around and you two will be together with your mother in Canada !!

HarkiranKaur

Apr 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Jan
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
25 Feb
File Transfer...
21 Mar
Med's Request
4 Nov 16 (Remedical)
Med's Done....
16 Nov 16 (re-medical)
Passport Req..
22 Dec 16
VISA ISSUED...
06 Jan 17
LANDED..........
13 Jan 17
Still nervously awaiting the decision this time.

Time is ticking as he has to be back in India end of this month so each day that goes by waiting, is a day we lose together here because he still has to return by 31st.

For those who suggested going through Member of Parliament, does that really and truly help?? At the very least I would think it shows that the case is not fradulent and is a genuine application. I have kept the copy in case we have to apply a thrid time, but then if we do just based on processing time, he would not be able to come anyway.

My biggest worry is that I will be marrying a man my Mom has never met and it will devestate her.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
MPs cannot change or influence a decision. They are typically most helpful if you have submitted an immigration application, your application has exceeded the posted processing time, and you are having challenges getting a status update. In that case contacting your MP can help to get an understanding of the current status of your immigration file, what may be delaying things, and what you can expect next (and when).

HarkiranKaur

Apr 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Jan
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
25 Feb
File Transfer...
21 Mar
Med's Request
4 Nov 16 (Remedical)
Med's Done....
16 Nov 16 (re-medical)
Passport Req..
22 Dec 16
VISA ISSUED...
06 Jan 17
LANDED..........
13 Jan 17
It's just that after the initial rejection for 'purpose of visit' I had a bunch of suggestions on here to go to my MP. They did help... they wrote an official letter stating that my motivation for the invitation for my fiance to come here is genuine. But you arent giving me warm and fuzzies... high commission in India did say they passed it to Chandigarh to put on his file though. So I don't think they just threw it out, but if they don't take it into consideration, then maybe he will be rejected again... because I don't know how else to emphasize clearly that the reason is for My Mother to meet him prior to my marrying him since she can not travel to India for the wedding. Any sane person knows that its unfair to expect a parent to just 'accept' their only child trapsing off to another country to marry someone who they never even met.

waipm2000

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
So my fiance I invited here to meet my Mother as we are marrying in India in Sept. My Mother has poor health and can not travel so this is only way for my fiance to meet my Mom prior to my marrying him in Kashmir, India.

We had a ton of supporting evidence:

1) In my invitation letter I explained my Mom's health and why he has to come here
2) Evidence to support a several year relationship (my prior Indian Visas, phtoos etc.)
3) My Canadian Forces Leave Pass for Sept already signed by my Commanding Officer and approved, with my Fiances address in India as my location while on leave
4) My airplane tikets for Sept to India
5) My Indian Visa for Sept
(The above show that since I will be at his address in Sept, he would not be overstaying visitor visa)
6) My bank statements
7) His bank statements
8) Letters from his work (National Hydro Power Coorp - a Government position)
9) Letters from NGOs he volunteers with, including Youth Hostel Association in Kashmir exaplining he is heading up a kids camp in June and is required back
10) My passport
11) Statements of his assets in India
12) Some other miscellaneous paperwork, and a very clear cover letter explaining the reason for the visit

He had to apply through Chandigarh office (with a 60% refusal rate outright) he was refused even with all the above.

I immediately contacted my Member Of Parliment... and my MP office wrote an official letter stating that they are aware that he has reapplied, that the reason for the visit is my Mother's ill health and that she is unable to fly to India for the wedding, and that they know all the supporting documentation has been submitted, and that my motivation for the invitation is sincere. They also put in a separate line at the bottom (I assume so it stands out) that they hope CIC will take ALL the documentation and facts into consideration and grant his visitor visa.

This was scanned and forwarded via email to the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi, who responded to my MPs office that they received it, forwarded it to Chandigarh for inclusion on his file.

Will this help though? Do they even take into consideration what MP offices say? I have the hard copy of the letter in case we have to reapply a third time. This time, he applied through a law firm there, at a cost of about $2000.00 CDN who assure him it will be granted this time (even before I got the MPs office involved). Is this usually how the MPs do it? I read on here someone's MP office phoned the CIC office and spoke to the visa director... but mine was done as an official correspondence letter with the House of Commons letterhead and everything... so it's very official looking. I just don't know how well one Govt department takes suggestions from another... working for the government myself in DND, I know firsthand how much red tape hinders things and how bad communication is between departments!

I am hoping this will help.

Hi

Can you please send me the sample of support letter, my local MP is ready to do a letter for me but I need to draft it myself, he will sign it. I am applying for my wife's visitor visa.

here is my email: waipm_2000@hotmail.com, mapmughal@mun.ca

Please help me, i just need a sample to draft one for me and Thank you
waipm