+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Initial PR card help

CanadianPRbeku

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
Chicago
Passport Req..
22-09-2017
Just got PPR and applying for COPR today..will go in nov/dec and apply for PR in Toronto

I have friends/family in Canada so i can get the PR card delivered to them.
  1. Will family/friends be able to courier the PR card back to us in the USA?
  2. Will Fedex/UPS accept this?
  3. Does Homeland Securty/Border Patrol allow such a courier or they have an issue with it?
  4. or do we both need to travel to pick up the card ?
Someone...anyone..??

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Just got PPR and applying for COPR today..will go in nov/dec and apply for PR in Toronto

I have friends/family in Canada so i can get the PR card delivered to them.
  1. Will family/friends be able to courier the PR card back to us in the USA?
  2. Will Fedex/UPS accept this?
  3. Does Homeland Securty/Border Patrol allow such a courier or they have an issue with it?
  4. or do we both need to travel to pick up the card ?
Someone...anyone..??
You can ask Friends/Family members to courier PR cards to your USA address. Fedex/UPS won't create any issues. Neither will CBSA or CBP.

Did anyone create issues when you sent your Passport to Ottawa? If not then why would they create issues for PR card?

Reactions: kirribilliCN

CanadianPRbeku

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
Chicago
Passport Req..
22-09-2017
You can ask Friends/Family members to courier PR cards to your USA address. Fedex/UPS won't create any issues. Neither will CBSA or CBP.

Did anyone create issues when you sent your Passport to Ottawa? If not then why would they create issues for PR card?
ha..just couriered my Indian Passport today..

also the whole issue with the PR card apparently arises from it being a RFID card because of which the doubt?

do you know of anyone in US who got it couriered?

Mumbai_Indians

Star Member
Oct 15, 2016

Hi,

Somewhat similar query....We got our COPR and visa the last week in India. We are planning to go to Canada sometime end Oct, but since we need to wind up so many things out here in India plus I have as of now a limited no. of days' leave from my current job, so we need to come back to India in about 12-14 days. While we would apply for the PR card at the port of entry in Canada and will give our relatives' address as the mailing address, can my relatives (after getting our PR in say 8-10 weeks), courier the same to us in India? What could be other alternatives?
I am a little confused and worried on that front. We are planning to go back to Canada again the next year in summer and without PR card, we can't enter Canada. So, please guide.
Thanks.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Hi,

Somewhat similar query....We got our COPR and visa the last week in India. We are planning to go to Canada sometime end Oct, but since we need to wind up so many things out here in India plus I have as of now a limited no. of days' leave from my current job, so we need to come back to India in about 12-14 days. While we would apply for the PR card at the port of entry in Canada and will give our relatives' address as the mailing address, can my relatives (after getting our PR in say 8-10 weeks), courier the same to us in India? What could be other alternatives?
I am a little confused and worried on that front. We are planning to go back to Canada again the next year in summer and without PR card, we can't enter Canada. So, please guide.
Thanks.
GO through these links:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/search/1729118/?q=UPS&o=relevance&c[node]=14