+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Initial PR card delay

WillowN

Feb 16, 2018
Hi People,

I got my initial PR card today. Finally, these nerves have calmed. :DFive months and I still had no clue about my Permanent Resident card. Finally when i did get through an customer care agent, I was informed that the card was delayed because of the photos not meeting the specifications listed on the CIC website.:eek:

So thought of listing the blunders I made so you can be cautious.:)

1. Strictly adhere to the photo specifics requested by CIC. Even if you get clicked by a professional photographer in your home country who claim they know the PR request, show them the specifics again and check for it yourself once you receive the photos.

2. Once you submit your photos at the Port of Entry (POE) on the day you land, it should maximum take three calendar months to get your initial PR card. On an average, maximum people get it in two months. So if its even one day over three months and you still haven't received your PR card, most likely there is a glitch with your application.

3. Not to worry, this glitch may be something as simple as incorrect photos which is what it was in my case. You must regularly check your email (I didn't - long story :() to see if there is any communication from CIC. TIP: Ensure you create your CIC account with an email you have regular access to.

4. If CIC requests another set of photos, send your photos to the address mentioned in your letter (available at Shopper's, Co-op, Costco, Walmart etc.) as per the specifics though express post so that you get a tracking no.

5. If your current address is different than the one submitted at the POE, then notify the CIC through the web form at the earliest as this is where the PR card is sent to. Link is ( https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?_ga=2.127904845.1786092896.1518837354-1399769843.1518837354 ). This link should be used if you are currently in Canada.

6. Finally, keep calling the CIC call centre every two weeks or so to know the current status of your request.

Thanks and good luck. :)

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

Ajay Bishnoi

Oct 20, 2017
I got photo request on 25 april, 2018 but i could not check the mail for some reasons and missed the deadline. what should I do now ? do i have to pay for the new application. I landed here in toronto on 10th march 2018. Please advice